closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Discovered Sinn

Discovered Sinn

Well, I’m lucky enough to enjoyed many Watches, but only recently have I discovered Sinn.
    I bought a UX hydro from here the other week and I absolutely love it. The clear dial, the quirkiness with oil filled case etc and just the right size and weight. It’s great and a positive bargain.

I’ve just discovered this ezm-12 and what a great thing ! Typical Germanic quality and so clever.

https://www.pageandcooper.com/sinn-ezm-12-rubber-strap/

It’s foolish for me to resist.... need to get this I think

I have a T2 and I love it. Definitely one of my favourite brands out there.
    The EZM series is particularly appealing, with it's focus on function.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quite a bit cheaper through Chronomaster, they also have a used one.
    http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/watche...ice./nww-1428/

Master

Love Sinn

I love Sinn for the looks, build quality, most of all I never see another on anyone which means they are below the radar but decent enough to get comments and questions(great conversation piece in meetings!)

Enjoy!!!

Chris

It does look good (except the Page and Cooper bit)

I’ve been Sinn fan now for many years even did the factory tour around 2010 ish

Brilliant watches.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Great watches. Also own a UX and they are splendid,legible and as accurate as expected being a quartz.

Craftsman
    Only have a 556 but it perfect, compact, simple. Lovely.

Have a real fancy for a 140 St S.. somewhat of a different ball game.

Great watches, I'd like to visit the factory at some point. In the UK the ordering process and after sales let them down slightly in my opinion.

So many great models but the basic 103 ST is still one of my favourite watches and I'd like to try a 104 ST SA I W (white) and a EZM 3F at some point if I could find a good used example.

Great looking watches; never owned one but not ruling them out.

A word of caution. If using voice recognition interface devices such as Alexa, may I suggest that you don't use the phrase "I have discovered Sinn".

One of the things I really like about Sinn is the huge variety of watches they do.

I can't imagine many people can't find at least one they like!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the U's, but there are plenty I do like, including the ezm-12, which I don't recall seeing before.

M

I like the Sinn 104 that tgv reviewed. Apparently the use submarine steel and an oil free escapement... nice.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

@ the OP.

Just checking you've seen this thread

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=Sinn

Much temptation
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

They're a legitimate company, and I have much more respect for them than the typical generic-parts-assemblers in the price range.

However, their new designs tend to be very Walt. Personally, I'd recommend sticking to the simpler classics; avoid the gimmicky stuff and the tacky limited editions.

Craftsman
    For those with experience, do they keep good time? I like the look of the 556.

Quote Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
    For those with experience, do they keep good time? I like the look of the 556.
    Yes; they use the higher-quality movement versions (formerly from ETA, now Sellita) and the four I've had have all been well-regulated.

By the way, I think the 556 is one of their best watches, even regardless of cost. Less is more. :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Quite a bit cheaper through Chronomaster, they also have a used one.
    http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/watche...ice./nww-1428/
    Neil @ Chronomaster certainly had a EZM12 last Thursday when I visited...... I was looking at the penknife that comes in the set.

Craftsman
    I bought my first Sinn in 2007 after spending a lot of time researching watch brands. I didn't want a High Street "jewellery" brand such as Rolex, Tag, Breitling or Omega. Sinn is a wonderful German brand that does not need to spend huge sums on marketing.

I wore my U2 for over 10 years straight and it still looks great.... hardly a scratch on it considering the rough, extreme environments I've worn it in.... I have friends who own "daily wear" Rolex that are scratched to hell in comparison.

I now own 3 Sinn's U2, U1000 and a 103 custom..... they are really good as regards accuracy and I'd happily put them up against any Swiss brand.

Craftsman
    I've had a U1SDR for about 6 years and I absolutely love it. It's different to anything else I own, completely reliable and build like a brick sh*t house!

The next watch on my hit list is an 857UTC and a 356 Fleiger (and maybe an EZM!).

Had a 556, 104, and a U1, but stuck with this

Fantastic watches, well built, reliable, great design - there's nothing to dislike about them

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    I've had a U1SDR for about 6 years and I absolutely love it. It's different to anything else I own, completely reliable and build like a brick sh*t house!

The next watch on my hit list is an 857UTC and a 356 Fleiger (and maybe an EZM!).

I find that those complement each other well. Although in hindsight, I don’t recommend the “S” version of the 85X; the normal hardened steel is the finish to have.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    @ the OP.

Just checking you've seen this thread

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...highlight=Sinn

Much temptation
    Thanks Andy !

To add, I bought the tegemented strap for my UX and it arrived today. I’m gobsnacked at the attention to detail - beautifully boxed, and coated with plastic. Also complete with Alan keys for the links, screwdriver and pin extracted, extra pins, screw holding grease etc

A joy for £325. It’s true quality and sets the watch off a treat.
    Last edited by Ukboweldoc; 24th January 2018 at 23:38. Reason: Forgot the screwdriver !