closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Casio G Shock Strap Change

Master

Casio G Shock Strap Change

The resin strap on my Casio GW-M5600 failed so I purchased a new one. It doesn’t look to be as simple as I thought and a quick look online suggests I need a spring bar tool.

Is it worth getting one (I am pretty average at DIY) or just taking said strap to a jewellers?

Master
    A spring bar tool like a Bergeon 6767-F is only £10-12. You can get other makes even cheaper. I've found having one very useful for doing a range of my and the families watches. So to my mind it is a no brainer. Somewhere like TImpsons will charge you £5-10 anyway.

The spring bar tips need to be pushed home, as they don’t tend to clip in easily like with a metal watch case. You also need to be careful not too gouge the back of the lugs - I use a small flat tipped screwdriver, a magnifying glass and patience! - I wouldn’t trust a high street jeweller, they tend to use brute force and guesswork in my experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    The spring bar tips need to be pushed home, as they don’t tend to clip in easily like with a metal watch case. You also need to be careful not too gouge the back of the lugs - I use a small flat tipped screwdriver, a magnifying glass and patience! - I wouldn’t trust a high street jeweller, they tend to use brute force and guesswork in my experience!
    This, in my experience.

I always find removing the bezel makes it much easier to fit the straps.

Master

Casio G Shock Strap Change

Still struggling, will buy a magnifying glass!
    Last edited by Chalet; 26th January 2018 at 00:19.

Master
    Gave up in the end.

Took it to City Watch Services next to Liverpool Street station. The fella booked it in, I went for lunch, and it was done by the time I’d finished my Singapore Noodles.

Had a battery change done there a couple of months ago as well. Top notch work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Gave up in the end.

Took it to City Watch Services next to Liverpool Street station. The fella booked it in, I went for lunch, and it was done by the time I’d finished my Singapore Noodles.

Had a battery change done there a couple of months ago as well. Top notch work.
    G Shock straps are a complete pain to change. I've done loads but every single time I've turned the air blue with frustration. Their often tiny 16mm length doesn't help when you're trying to tease a loose end into a hole which is obscured.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Their often tiny 16mm length doesn't help when you're trying to tease a loose end into a hole which is obscured.
    One of the perennial problems of life for some.

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    One of the perennial problems of life for some.
    You should have seen my 1st attempt at writing that sentence......... Hahahahaha

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    You should have seen my 1st attempt at writing that sentence......... Hahahahaha