closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Were these photos on sellers site photoshopped?

I'd also now be wary of a return given the content of their email regarding the damage they say it had before it arrived with you, and that the damage you showed them a picture of looks worse than what it was like when with them. Could they deduct some money for that, or with PayPal is it all or nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Paul, I’m curious - would Omega charge more in your experience for a service on these because of the difficulty involved with the added chrono module? I’m asking because if it were me I might be tempted (if I decided to keep it) to just send into Omega for a service, and get the bezel dealt with as part of that.
    Omega used to publish a complete price list for servicing on their website. It categorised watches by their age and complexity giving a list of the calibres in each category. That seems to have disappeared with their latest site updates (that has also disrupted the vintage database) and now there are only four "RECOMMENDED PUBLIC PRICES" (link). I'm not sure that's good news.

As for eLady, I'll be a lot more careful when looking at their site knowing that "Rank A Used - A few traces of usage, some scratches / dirt can be seen but overall in very good condition" can mean more than slight, cosmetic scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    I'm not so sure they used a tool to cover it up. Rather just bleached the photo through either saturation slider or added more Fill light.
    I have just darkened the image (adjusted shadows/blacks) and the scratches are there.
    Admittedly this was cheeky of them.
    ...image...
    Does that also work with photo #3, please? That's the one that I find most suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I have emailed the seller pointing out my concerns and will update the thread when they respond.
    I assume you emailed before asking on here if the pics have been changed. It's pretty clear they have. This should be pointed out to the seller although it's doubtful they will offer a partial refund when they have offered a full refund on return of the watch.

Grand Master
    The seller’s done himself no favours here. I’m sure the damage could’ve been improved significantly by careful polishing, to a point where it was still evident under scrutiny but acceptable to most buyers given the price and the age of the watch. Honest photos would’ve made everything clear , a buyer would’ve been aware of what they were getting, everyone’s happy.

By trying to hide the damage, then being dismissive when the buyer complains, they’ve lost goodwill and credibility. even with the VAT Japan can be a happy hunting ground for watch buyers, particularly those of us who like smaller watches ( such as this one) which are popular in Japan.

Whether the picture was photoshopped or not, the sellers used some tricks of the light and that’s naughty. Sometimes a picture can make a watch worse, the scratches stand out more than they should, it’s acceptable to chose pics that present the watch fairly and that involves judgement........but I’m struggling to give the seller the benefit if the doubt on this one!

Paul

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Well the seller responded to my email with this:

Thank you for contacting us.
    Our apologies for the late response, on the weekend we work limited operation.

As you mentioned, there are scratches on the bezel and it can be found in 1st&2nd photos. Please see it in the link below:
    https://mall.elady.com/bf315545.html

Our inspection team confirmed there is insignificant scratches on the bezel when they inspected and before shipping, but not bigger scratches as the photo you provided us.
    Thank you for your understanding.

So there you have it. They are denying hiding the damage and went as far as to say I caused it myself.
    They also responded via PayPal saying I can return the watch for a full refund if I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi - thanks for posting this/naming the vendor. Had started searching for a Speedmaster Reduced and was looking at some on the internet, but will be doubly careful now, and follow the tips mentioned in this thread. Third picture, which would have highlighted the damage looks edited to me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kermorvan666 View Post
    Hi - thanks for posting this/naming the vendor. Had started searching for a Speedmaster Reduced and was looking at some on the internet, but will be doubly careful now, and follow the tips mentioned in this thread. Third picture, which would have highlighted the damage looks edited to me.
    Description says "Bezel Scratches - Insignificant" which seems highly debatable in light of the OP's photograph!

You got two options,
    1 - throw everything you can at these guys from all angles and see where it ends.
    2 - enjoy the watch and perhaps look for a replacement bezel or get it refinished.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Description says "Bezel Scratches - Insignificant" which seems highly debatable in light of the OP's photograph!
    Zooming in to the third picture, it looks tampered with though you can't absolutely prove it as it as there isn't an obvious repeated pattern from use of the clone stamp. Nonetheless there's clear intent to deceive, in both the description and pictures. You can't just replace the bezel, the metal there is part of the case if I remember correctly. I'd insist on a full refund or a whopping discount, with all postage costs refunded too. Absolutely no question.