closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA - Very Cheap Flights to Pacific Northwest - School Holidays

PSA - Very Cheap Flights to Pacific Northwest - School Holidays

I know plenty of folk travel to the USA for their summer holidays, and I've just booked these amazing flights to Seattle, so I thought I'd share in case someone was interested. Usually I'd be expecting to pay around £800pp to travel to the Pacific Northwest in the school holidays. So for a family of four you'd be looking at the thick end of three and a half grand just for flights.

Well I found these from Heathrow on Air France with very good flight times via Paris. Book with the airline direct on AirFrance.com (a big benefit when compared to bucket shops).

Adults = £402pp
    Children (under 16) = £332 pp

So family of 4 can book for £1,468. This is a hand baggage fare, so add in a piece of checked luggage and it's still a very reasonable £1556.

Dates for departure = 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15 Aug
    Dates for return = 20, 21, 27, 28, 29 Aug

All above valid as of 2pm on 21st Jan.

Loads to do in an around Seattle, with Vancouver only 150 miles away. We plan on doing these two cities plus a road trip to Calgary, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park and Mount Rainier National Park. Yellowstone is about 700 miles away.

Add a 2 week hire car for £400, £100 per night for hotel, and you've got an amazing school holidays American adventure for around £3,500 all in. All you need on top is spendies.

Cheaper than staying in a tin can on a French campsite!!

Master
    That’s a good deal all round. Thanks for taking the time to share :-)

Good deal and a good plan - its a lovely part of Canada around Vancouver

Interesting! I have family out there. We usually go BA Premium Economy but this summer we're planning on checking out Norwegian.

If you've not done this area before you'll love it. Wanted to do Yellowstone but been advised it's probably pretty impossible if you've not booked accommodation a year in advance.

Last trip discovered Idaho, fantastic place to tour around.

This year flying to San Francisco and driving up.

7 months to go!

PSA - Very Cheap Flights to Pacific Northwest - School Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by avantgardaclue View Post
    Wanted to do Yellowstone but been advised it's probably pretty impossible if you've not booked accommodation a year in advance.
    That probably true of the park lodging, but there’s no need to stay in the park as it’s easy to drive in and out each day from one of the satellite towns (West Yellowstone or Gardiner, Montana)

We visited Yellowstone in August two years ago and got accommodation in Gardiner only several weeks before we left.

Gardiner is a much nicer place to stay than West Yellowstone.

Although the weather is lovely in August, the downside is the bears tend to go much higher in the mountains, so much more difficult to view.

A fantastic place, and should be one everyone’s bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    That probably true of the park lodging, but there’s no need to stay in the park as it’s easy to drive in and out each day from one of the satellite towns (West Yellowstone or Gardiner, Montana)

We visited Yellowstone in August two years ago and got accommodation in Gardiner only several weeks before we left.

Gardiner is a much nicer place to stay than West Yellowstone.

Although the weather is lovely in August, the downside is the bears tend to go much higher in the mountains, so much more difficult to view.

A fantastic place, and should be one everyone’s bucket list.
    Thanks for the Gardiner tip! Will check that out