closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival - Damasko DA38

New arrival - Damasko DA38

Hello

Not posted much since joining so I thought i would share my latest arrival. Been after one of these for a while and after a delay shipping from Germany, it is finally here. Had it for a few days now and love it. I have the bracelet incoming too. This was has been reviewed so will keep it simple to my impressions. I love the super clear dial and 40mm case makes it very wearable. 20mm lugs and drilled lugs makes for loads of strap options. The devil is in the detail and this has loads. Day/date is nicely balanced with logo above and not too intrusive. Lugs have a very fine taper and case finish is outstanding. It looks shot blasted but as far as I understand it's not, rather a process of the ice hardening. In any case, it is very tactile and almost feels soft to the touch. I like that day is German or English. It's 100m WR, screw down crown, shock resistant and double AR. The leather strap is nice and again has nice detail such as blue stitching to match seconds hand.
    Overall very happy with it. On to the pics

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stonehead8871; 21st January 2018 at 13:11.

Welcome to the Damasko club, we don't seem to see much mention of them here these days. I have a DA37 from 2006 and a DC56 from 2008. Should you keep the watch long term you can be assured it will still look tip-top years down the line. The blue seconds hand works well, nicely subdued. It was the yellow that put me off a DA36 all those years ago.

Edit. PS, they look good on Natos too . . .

Last edited by magirus; 21st January 2018 at 14:17.
    F.T.F.A.

Congratulations on your pick-up, I always like the blue second hand on the DA38 - bit like the 24 hour hand on the BLNR. How is it doing for timekeeping?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lovely Watches these and I hope to get one this year with a bit of luck.

Are the cases really as tough as they say? thats whats drawing me to them.
    I hope it has a very long life with you Enjoy.

Master
    Tough but not invulnerable. I had one that had faint traces of NATO rash.

Great choice OP, you can't go wrong with one of Damasko's DA range in my opinion. A very versatile watch with regards to strap options, and it's good to hear that you've pushed the boat out and gone for the bracelet as well - you won't regret it.

I've a DA36 black, DA44 (with bracelet) and a DC67Si - needless to say I'm a huge fan of the brand.

Craftsman
    I’ve had a DA36 for ten years and absolutely love it. Enjoy!

Craftsman
    Very nice watch.
    Saw some in Leeds a year or so back.
    Like the non bezel models and those in black most.
    A brand to watch for me - next purchase maybe?
    Be better still without a date for me but that's me being picky.
    The OP is rightly pleased with his purchase and I hope he enjoys it for years to come.

Craftsman
    If, as it appears, they are as scratch resistant as my Sinn U2, then they should be fantastic! Many times better than the likes of Rolexes that seem to be scratch magnets.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFixer View Post
    Lovely Watches these and I hope to get one this year with a bit of luck.

Are the cases really as tough as they say? thats whats drawing me to them.
    I hope it has a very long life with you Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Tough but not invulnerable. I had one that had faint traces of NATO rash.
    Nothing is immune to Nato rash. I wear a few of my watches on Natos and I've taken the precaution of putting protectors on the case backs. I used some "helicopter" tape that I had left over from putting protection on a new road bike several years ago, it's still in place on the bike, and it's virtually invisible. I used the clear gloss tape from Paragon Tapes, and of course you can use it in many other applications to protect things. Easy to apply and remove/refit if needed, with no residue.
    F.T.F.A.

Very nice!

I got the yellow-hand version from someone here - they are great watches.

Looks great, how thick is it?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Looks great, how thick is it?

The main Damasko site gives thickness as well as diameter for each watch.

Assuming it's the same as the DA34, it'll be 12½mm

Journeyman
    Lovely watch, congratulations.
    I’ve got a dc56 and also plan on sourcing the bracelet at some point.
    Just to clarify did you buy the watch new or used and have since ordered a bracelet?
    I only ask as mine was pre owned from 2015 and I’ve read online that the watch has to be sent back to Damasko to have the bracelet fitted? Seemed a bit OTT but was apparently in relation to lug variations?
    The price of the bracelet alone is fairly eye watering without having to factor in sending back your watch/ service consideration at the same time?
    As stated this is all second hand information so not necessarily accurate.
    Sure someone here knows better?

Quote Originally Posted by Cptnbignose View Post
    I only ask as mine was pre owned from 2015 and I’ve read online that the watch has to be sent back to Damasko to have the bracelet fitted? Seemed a bit OTT but was apparently in relation to lug variations?
    The price of the bracelet alone is fairly eye watering without having to factor in sending back your watch/ service consideration at the same time?
    As stated this is all second hand information so not necessarily accurate.
    Sure someone here knows better?

Pretty sure that what you have stated ref the bracelet is correct - the end links have to match the lug holes which is why the watch head may need to go back to Damasko. Email them with the serial number and ask them the question, I've found them to be helpful when I've contacted them in the past.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Pretty sure that what you have stated ref the bracelet is correct - the end links have to match the lug holes which is why the watch head may need to go back to Damasko. Email them with the serial number and ask them the question, I've found them to be helpful when I've contacted them in the past.
    Yeh when the time comes and I’ve got enough squirrelled away (I have difficulty explaining £700 for a bracelet to myself...) I’ll do just that.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks for all the comments. Durability def drew me to this one. As here, heard loads of stories of case looking amazing still after many years. Not checked timekeeping specifically yet for accuracy but quick glance seems ok. Not sure what frequency this is but it does have a high pitch him, similar to my old Bulova Accutron. Especially evident when it's on my chest of drawers which acts like a soundbox.
    Taking watch on first major outing today, business trip to Holland

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Be good to see some photos with the bracelet fitted.