closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Submariner waiting list closed?

jambobbyb

Submariner waiting list closed?

Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 10:18.

Craftsman
    Was told the same in Watches of Switzerland in London but I think the list had reached 1.5 years

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 10:18.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jambobbyb View Post
    Hi Paul, In London I could kinda understand this predicament but I was blown away to find it up north... Now I can’t have one I want one :)
    Madness. Just imagine the waiting list on anything new from Basel world.

Craftsman
    I know little about the model and it's variants, but there are 28 steel subs. on C24 in the UK listed as unworn. Some of them must be genuine watches available for those who don't want to wait. I wonder why they aren't snapped up?

Craftsman
    Most members have described the sub date as being available with no more than a couple of months wait if you call around.

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 10:19.

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 10:19.

Agreed.... mmm Ceramic explorer 2 please ;)
    So a removable bezel on a fixed bezel watch? Not sure I'd get the point of that.

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 10:21.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    So a removable bezel on a fixed bezel watch? Not sure I'd get the point of that.
    Would it be removable? Is any ceramic Rolex bezel removable? If it is could one not swop a black for BLNR bezel on a GMT2?

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    The bezel on the exp II is also removable, what’s the perceived difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The bezel on the exp II is also removable, what’s the perceived difference?
    I assumed it was part of the case, hence why I've never seen an exp2 bezel being sold? Though of course that could just be because I've never hunted for one.

Edit: you're quite right. Then a ceramic one does indeed make sense.

Master
    Saw a mock up of a ceramic bezel EXP2 before Basel last year. Looked interesting.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Yeah it's ridiculous!
    I saw a video about the cause of these watches selling over rrp and huge waiting lists...
    Put it down to the Asian market, china and Japan etc 'vacuuming' them up leaving not many more for other markets.
    Asian countires like ones mentioned above plus others do seem to have an abundance of sports models...
    Obviously i don't believe everything i see but i thought it made a good point to a possible cause

Took me about one month for mine to arrive when I placed an order in Ernest Jones early in 2012, and this less than 9 months since it was released at Baselworld.

Amazing that it was much easier to get hold of not long after release, than it is today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    London waiting lists will always be abit different. Outside of London it will take a few months at the most to get hold off one

Craftsman
    Also you the chancers on ebay.

I have seen a couple for stupid money (one over£8k)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by P4u1 View Post
    Was told the same in Watches of Switzerland in London but I think the list had reached 1.5 years
    When was this? they had an open list back in December

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I just visited a local AD, and happened to ask what the waiting list was for a sub date absolutely gobsmacked when they said they have closed the list after it reached three years? Has anyone else come across this? 3 years for a bloody sub date???
    Which model was it? There seems to be a massive variance between the models availability from most of the ADs in London that I’ve spoke to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    When was this? they had an open list back in December

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last week - nearly every ss Rolex had a closed waiting list. They said that the Sub ND has just closed and to try back in a month and the Date has been closed for a couple of months.

Craftsman
    In November last year I called about 25 ADs... one had one coming in and the waiting list hadn't put a deposit down. I paid £1k over the phone and paid the balance the week later when I picked it up. It can be done, just takes effort and patience.

Journeyman
    I just visited a local AD, and happened to ask what the waiting list was for a sub date absolutely gobsmacked when they said they have closed the list after it reached three years? Has anyone else come across this? 3 years for a bloody sub date???

When i first started looking for a SS sub date in late November last year i phoned up an AD in Southampton and they quoted me 3 years but were happy to add my name to the waiting list. Also went on to the waiting list at the AD in Bournemouth at the same time (they quoted 1 year) and they phoned me up just before Christmas saying one was available which i am now happily wearing!

My wife is convinced the long waiting lists are a canny marketing ploy to keep these as being perceived as exclusive and ultra desirable. Felt to me that they can be got from an AD in a reasonable time-frame with a bit of effort.

Craftsman
    I'm in the process of trying to purchase one secondhand, if that doesn't workout within the next few weeks I'll start to call around the ADs.

Craftsman
    In the meantime WF prices keep raising. Now their asking price for a new SubC ND is almost £2k above list! But I guess there are enough people in London with money to spend and little patience calling ADs...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Never new it was that long. I had a valuation of WF for my 1985 16800 blew me away, not that its for sale any how