closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 50th Anniversary Duo

50th Anniversary Duo

Thought I'd share my newest acquisition with you all, a mid 2004 F5..... serial Rolex 16610LV Anniversary Submariner. I had one of these a few years ago, a D serial but as you do you flip and change. Bit of a mistake on my part.

This F serial is a complete set in the old style box with the moss covered stone card outer, it even has the anchor too (which I believe stopped being give when they started using the newer ripple top boxes). I have an original catalogue from October 2004 with price list and back then new this watch would have been £2650!! Wish thats what I'd just paid for this one!

I've photographed it next to my 50th Anniversary Sea-Dweller the 126600 as I think they make a very nice pairing of 50th Anniversary Rolex.

Now I never see watches as investment pieces, I buy them if I like the look of them and if I don't like them after wearing for a while I sell them on, if I get my money back thats always a bonus, I generally don't though. Over the past few months I have bought quite a few watches that although I wouldn't call investment pieces, more premium bonds. I would hope that in the future if I had to sell them to release money that again I would fairly easily get my money back, always a bonus if the market shifts the right way though and I end up making a bit.

These though for me shouldn't be going anywhere, both keepers. The 126600 is a 2017 watch that I bought with the intension of putting away for my son who was born in 2017 and giving it him in the future as a birth year watch to do with what he likes. (Whether it'll still be unworn by then is another matter.)

Here are a couple of quick snaps.

The set.

Last edited by paneristi372; 20th January 2018 at 12:24.

Craftsman
    Lovely pair. Just out of interest how come the LV doesn’t have a Flat Four insert?

Quote Originally Posted by Danpd View Post
    Lovely pair. Just out of interest how come the LV doesn’t have a Flat Four insert?
    Thanks, I think it just falls into the mk2 insert bracket from what I can work out with online reviews

Master
    Very nice! It's good to see the difference in size between these two.
    Did you buy the LV privately?

Craftsman
    Outstanding.

Craftsman

Bargain I'll take 2 please

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Put the modern bracelet and clasp on the LV and it is the perfect modern watch for me.

Well done Jamie, you did say that was your real target. Glad it came off.

Might be wise to keep hold of this one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    Thanks, I think it just falls into the mk2 insert bracket from what I can work out with online reviews
    Some Mk2’s carry the Flat 4 Insert’s. The Insert could have been swapped out by the last seller or by Rolex at some stage in its life.