closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A possibly crazy idea about rubber straps for the original Overseas

Master

A possibly crazy idea about rubber straps for the original Overseas

I've been wearing the first generation Overseas 42042 today, and got to thinking about how nice it would look on a similar rubber or leather strap to those offered as 'quick change' options on the current model. The result would be very similar to the white gold 'ultra thin' model, since the 42042 is itself pretty thin, and only 3mm smaller but with the addition of a crown guard.

I got as far as contacting Rubber B to suggest the idea, and they swiftly responded, explaining that their factory is the same one that produces the official VC strap in question, so there's little chance of them producing an unofficial strap for this model. I doubt VC themselves would either, as they'd rather you bought a new Overseas extra-thin, given the choice.

Any thoughts on all this? Do you think there's anyone else who might be interested in such a project? I don't suppose it would be a huge market to be honest, but it would great to have the option.

Last edited by Itsguy; 19th January 2018 at 20:16.

Craftsman
    I guess you could try everest? I know they make Rolex straps typically but could be worth an email

Master
    Contact Jean Rousseau in London, as they can offer rubber straps.
    Find out if they can cut to the shape required at the lugs – I'm presuming a taper is not a problem, but it'll probably be a uniform thickness from lug to clasp.

Master
    Thanks for the suggestions. Jean Rousseau is a good idea, I can pop in with the watch and ask their opinion next time I’m passing.

A long shot maybe, but Bonetto Cinturini, although at the other end of the market, produce private label straps. You could even try to arrange something through Watchgecko in the UK.