closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A month in Bulgaria...

A month in Bulgaria...

I may need to go to Sofia for a few weeks in February / March.
    Any pointers on what life is like at this time of the year, and what to do in an around the capital?
    I probably won’t have much time during the week, a little more during weekends.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I used to go to borovets and bansko, it's worth doing, if youre into sking/boarding.

It's very basic there, but everyone I met was cool and very nice! I didnt stay at all in Sofia tho, it might be more refined than the mountains.
    Last edited by ghosty; 19th January 2018 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I may need to go to Sofia for a few weeks in February / March.
    Any pointers on what life is like at this time of the year, and what to do in an around the capital?
    I probably won’t have much time during the week, a little more during weekends.
    I was in Bulgaria this time last year and flew into Sofia. I didn't stay in or around Sofia (went to Bansko) but I will suggest you wrap up well. There was a good few feet of snow last year.

Master

A month in Bulgaria...

My wife’s Bulgarian so we go 3-4 times a year and own a little flat there. This time of year it should be cold (sub-zero) but when there at new year it was 5+c most days.
    Food is cheap and generally very good, drinks very cheap, but other things like clothes etc are not.
    The country is very small so even with the poor roads, it’s only a 4-5 hour drive from one side to the other. Along with the poor roads, the standard of driving and road worthiness of the cars is shocking compared with the U.K. so beware if you do venture out.
    There are a few good bars, restaurants, museums etc.
    PM me if you want more details and I’ll get my wife to respond who knows a lot more than me.
    One thing to bear in mind is that it’s not that easy to get by there if you don’t speak at least some Bulgarian or can read Cyrillic alphabet!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thank you very much for the responses so far. Stuie-t, I may take you up on the offer to go through PM when I have more details. As to the alphabet, I ‘ll just look confident and flip a coin I suppose. The closer I ever got was classic Greek and that was about 45 years ago, so remnants are at best vestigial
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.