closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Size comparison: 126600 (Sea) vs 116610 (Sub)

Size comparison: 126600 (Sea) vs 116610 (Sub)

Thinking of chopping in my 116610(LV) for a 126600 Seadweller.

I have been unable to try a Seadweller for obvious reasons but I really need to know how it would wear compared to my Submariner.

I have quite small wrists but feel the Sub is a tad small, my Panerai is perfect however. I did try on a Deepsea (Cameron) last weekend at a Jewelers hoping it would help me decide but it didn't, it's so thick and wouldn't go under my cuff which made me and the assistant laugh.

Any real life experiences?
    Last edited by T1ckT0ck; 18th January 2018 at 13:36. Reason: Typo

Master
    It’s larger in diameter and thickness.
    But FECK me it’s comfortable, I wear mine often will at least 4 days a week.
    Love it.

I've tried the 126600 Sea Dweller on.

Way too thick for me (with 7.25" wrists) so on a small wrist it's going to look bloody enormous.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

On a 6.75” wrist

I find it comfier on the wrist than the 116600, it doesn't wear as big as most would expect.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Are there any grey dealers near you, they seem to have the sea dwellers in. Maybe worth a trip before you do something you might regret. Just a thought.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I love my SD43 but I do have large 8.5" wrists and compared to my old sub I much prefer it

I actually have both pieces so i’ll try and get a comparison snap up over the next couple of days

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I wore a seadweller for a couple of weeks.

Thought it was ok then I had a week with my ceramic sub on and could not go back to the seadweller so got rid.

I also thought 40mm was to small until the seadweller now I think it's more or less perfect (for me)

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post

On a 6.75” wrist

^ that's a similar wrist size to me and it looks pretty good, no overhang at all and looks similar(ish) to my 44mm PAM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Are there any grey dealers near you, they seem to have the sea dwellers in. Maybe worth a trip before you do something you might regret. Just a thought.
    ^ Unfortunately not. I suppose I could always go back to a Sub, although I do love the green of the LV so sourcing one again might be tricky :/

------

Thanks for your responses and help so far, I just don't know :(

I actually have both pieces so i’ll try and get a comparison snap up over the next couple of days
    That would be great, perhaps not too much of a close up would be a better representation. thanks.

Here ya go. Hope this helps, just a couple of quickies from my iphone.

I personally don't find the SD43 too big, hell, I've got a Cameron as well and find that OK so perhaps its down to personal opinion. My wrists are 7.5 to 7.75 I guess. I find them both very comfortable, the LV will slip under a cuff a bit better, but then my Daytona slips under better that my LV, where do you stop going thinner. If you can, keep the LV and get the SD43 as well. They are both drop dead gorgeous watches. If I had to choose, you know what, I couldn't !!

Stuart

Craftsman
    in the same position. Love my Sub, but about to buy a DeepSea, and after having tried it a few times, the Sub seems a little too small now! I am biased of course - but both great watches....

I would certainly say if its one or the other, then deffo try both on before committing. You wont regret the SD43 I'm sure, but if you do, and cant get on with it then you have lost your LV as well. You NEED to try both for sure, if theres any doubt sizewise.

Stuart

Is the 126600 comfier because of shorter lugs, flatter case or both?

Craftsman
    I sold my 116610LN a few weeks after I got my 126600, mainly because they were to similar looking. I don’t regret it one bit

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I don't have a sub at the minute but did and the SD is a visually similar width due to the tapering although it's thicker. The sub wears larger than it's dimensions suggest because of the blocky lugs.
    I found both comfortable.

Here ya go. Hope this helps, just a couple of quickies from my iphone.

I personally don't find the SD43 too big, hell, I've got a Cameron as well and find that OK so perhaps its down to personal opinion. My wrists are 7.5 to 7.75 I guess. I find them both very comfortable, the LV will slip under a cuff a bit better, but then my Daytona slips under better that my LV, where do you stop going thinner. If you can, keep the LV and get the SD43 as well. They are both drop dead gorgeous watches. If I had to choose, you know what, I couldn't !!

Stuart
    Thats a superb comparison, thanks! Based on that i feel fairly confident that the Seadweller will suit.

...also reminds me how fantastic my LVc is !

Master
    Tried it on today it’s big of course as it meant to be but charming and does not look silly even on my sub 7 wrists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk