closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planned changes to the collection in 2018

Craftsman

Planned changes to the collection in 2018

I'm in the process of making some changes to the collection.

Currently in the collection

Seamaster 2264.50
    Planet ocean 2500 45.5mm
    Speedmaster 57
    Breitling colt chrono ii

So I'm on a quest to add a Sub into the collection (I have a wtb posted and I've had a few responses so fingers crossed). Which means the Seamaster and the Colt will get little use. So I think they will be on their way out.

I can't decide about the PO, ideally I'd add an orange bezel to make it a bit different but at £300 it's a bit of a steep option and I've had no luck sourcing one secondhand. I'll keep hold of it for now in case i manage to find the right bezel.

I'm sure they may be more change.......

What changes have you guys got planned???

Quote Originally Posted by P4u1 View Post
    I'm in the process of making some changes to the collection.

Currently in the collection

Seamaster 2264.50
    Planet ocean 2500 45.5mm
    Speedmaster 57
    Breitling colt chrono ii

So I'm on a quest to add a Sub into the collection (I have a wtb posted and I've had a few responses so fingers crossed). Which means the Seamaster and the Colt will get little use. So I think they will be on their way out.

I can't decide about the PO, ideally I'd add an orange bezel to make it a bit different but at £300 it's a bit of a steep option and I've had no luck sourcing one secondhand. I'll keep hold of it for now in case i manage to find the right bezel.

I'm sure they may be more change.......

What changes have you guys got planned???
    was contemplating getting rid of my Speedmaster Pro and getting a IWC Mark XVIII Petite Price...

Craftsman
    The mark XVIII is lovely but it would have to be on a leather strap or NATO for me.

Master
    None

I have the following

Casio GW5000 on combi bracelet for a beater
    Citizen GPS for holiday/travels.
    Rolex 216570 Polar for everything else.

Do have a 126600 on order but don't think i prefer it enough to trade in the Polar for it.

Mark

I think I would like to add either a Hulk or a perpetual calendar- probably JLC or GO. That’d do me

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    was contemplating getting rid of my Speedmaster Pro and getting a IWC Mark XVIII Petite Price...
    DON’T DO IT!!

Speedy and Mark XVIII would compliment one another so well in a collection. I think trading one for another will only make you pine after the one you’ve lost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contemplating selling my Captain Chronograph El Primero, and possibly my Datejust 2 for a Navitimer and an Explorer 2. Possibly buying a Steinhart gmt.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    My current collection:

Omega Speedmaster FOIS
    Nomos Tangente
    JLC Master Control Date
    Roidor 18k gold dress watch

A dress watch heavy collection. I spend a lot of time researching and trying steel sports watches but when it comes time to purchase I always end up going dress! I very much buy with my heart and I guess they are what sing to me.

No planned changes in 2018 for me, very happy with my restrained set, although I do really want to get the 1125 bracelet for the FOIS. I think that will help sate my desire for a sportier watch, thereby preventing me from doing something stupid (hopefully)!

Saying that, I do love the Halios Seaforth...

I keep toying with idea of selling my little used 16600, and getting something dressy like a JLC.

Although I do still have a hankering for an Omega DSOTM.

From previous experience, my watch plans for a forthcoming year and what I end up doing, end up bearing no relationship to each other!

I plan to sell:
    - about 6-8 CWs
    - Speedmaster Broad Arrow
    - Speedmaster Racing
    - a GS SD
    - Nomos Ludwig
    - Pepsi 16700
    - Z-Blue Milgauss

How far down the list I get remains to be seen. No plans to purchase anything in 2018.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    I keep toying with idea of selling my little used 16600, and getting something dressy like a JLC.

Although I do still have a hankering for an Omega DSOTM.
    I've been thinking of a similar move. I wear a suit all day for work so it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought View Post
    Shouldn't that be 'a IWC Mark XVIII GRANDE Price...'?! {Well, we all make the odd typo!}

Quote Originally Posted by axb601 View Post
    DON’T DO IT!!

Speedy and Mark XVIII would compliment one another so well in a collection. I think trading one for another will only make you pine after the one you’ve lost!

+1

I'm on an expensive watch buying hiatus until I sort an investment property out. Once I've posted 2017/18 accounts I'll be approaching lenders and then take it from there. I'd like to think there'll be enough time in 2018 after this to save for the next (and only) luxury piece.

At the minute it's a toss up between a late as possible16710 Pepsi or coke and a brand new GMTc 116710LN. I'm really taken with the black black. I may well get ambushed en route by a well priced 116234 DJ or a Nomos Orion 309.

At the minute I'm enjoying the most modest quartz pieces and saving like mad.

Craftsman
    I'm going to shift my 1979 Rolex 1016 in favour of a Patek 5296

I’m contemplating selling around 25-30 watches and buying 2 or 3.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I expect this will give you greater satisfaction - wearing 2-3 really good watches - unless of course the 25-30 are a mix of PP, AP, Breguet etc already!

Craftsman
    It's going to be interesting for me if I go down to 2-3 watches. Knowing me I'll get bored and start buying more....... this watch hobby is getting expensive!!

I've tried planning - just hopeless.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Sell four or five cheapies and then think long and hard about one more addition. One day I'd like a PP Aquanaut but that won't be this year

Craftsman
    I only have 4 watches just now, including 3 Rolex so I'm looking to branch out a bit. I've been browsing Seikos a lot so first on the list is SKX007 or 9. Also looking to get dressier watch of some description, possibly something from the early 70s. I expect to get the call for a 126600 at some point so my deepsea may go when that comes along.

Blog Entries
    Sold my AT8500 this week and over the next week will post one of my PO's for sale.

Thinking about ....

GMT2 C
    Mark XVIII
    Grand Seiko on bracelet
    AT 2500 white / blue with a 2254.50

or,

spend the proceeds on something sensible
    Last edited by MFB Scotland; 18th January 2018 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by johnfm View Post
    I expect this will give you greater satisfaction - wearing 2-3 really good watches - unless of course the 25-30 are a mix of PP, AP, Breguet etc already!
    No, the ones that I now consider nicer watches, or the rarer ones will be staying and won’t be included in any sale.

Crazily I get about as much satisfaction wearing the blue Seiko MAS62 reissue as I do with my Patek 5711 - they are both lovely watch to me.

Crazily I get about as much satisfaction wearing the blue Seiko MAS62 reissue as I do with my Patek 5711 - they are both lovely watch to me.
    Not so crazy when you get to that wonderful stage in life of living for your own tastes, not those that others would foist upon you. Also: the MAS62 really is a lovely thing.

I currently have

Autavia ('04 reissue)
    Oris TT1 (beater)

I plan to sell the TT1 as it is too big for my wrist and then possibly swap the Autavia for something a little more vintage... maybe an original Autavia (plus some cash). I also have a real thing for:

Zenith el primero chronomaster
    Milgauss with white dial
    Oysterquartz
    Reverso

I have a feeling one of those may come into my small collection in '18

Milgauss Z Blue, Ming 19.01 and PAM 728 42mm or 755 38mm are the only three I think I'd like to add this year.

Shall likely be getting rid of a Seiko Bellmatic and Glycine Airman No. 1, so no major losses. They're fun things, just get no wrist time.
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 18th January 2018 at 23:12.

Looking to sell my most expensive watch (Tudor Pelagos) and use the funds to buy 2-3 pieces.

I want to move the collection into the “interesting affordables” direction, with affordables being £1000 or below and interesting being totally subjective and liable to change from week to week...

Last year was very quiet, I sold off a few affordable pieces and had hoped to add a Monaco at some point, but it didn't happen.

I'm still hankering for the Monaco but I've also found that I'm not wearing my BLNR very much any more and I was tempted to sell that, get the Monaco and bank the balance or even sell my PO 8500 as well and look at an 116613LB, I even got a quote from Watchfinder for the BLNR, but I just don't seem to be able to commit to getting rid of anything.

Grand Master
    I‘ve just turned 60, I reckon I need to live to be 100 to get full wear out of the watches I own. collection’s up to 24 at the moment! I’ve ended up keeping a couple of the ‘ fixer upper’ project watches that I bought to restore and sell........like stray cats I get attached to them!

I’m still on the lookout for a gold 1960s Omega Seamaster Deville, surprising how hard it is to find a good one.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I‘ve just turned 60, I reckon I need to live to be 100 to get full wear out of the watches I own. collection’s up to 24 at the moment! I’ve ended up keeping a couple of the ‘ fixer upper’ project watches that I bought to restore and sell........like stray cats I get attached to them!

I’m still on the lookout for a gold 1960s Omega Seamaster Deville, surprising how hard it is to find a good one.

Paul
    I've also just turned 60, well last June anyhow, and have a collection of around 20+, with some 'projects' as well. I'm beginning to feel that there is nothing on SC that takes my fancy anymore and also there are very few that I would want to part with. However, the aim for 2018 is to attempt a 'one in-two out' rule. It could mean that the only way of adhering to this is to buy nothing, but it might spur me on to get a few of the projects completed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Boy that would be interesting and I would be intrigued to know what those 2-3 would be!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Contemplating saving for a white Ceramic Daytona or upgrade my 5167 Aquanaut to the 5164 travel time Aquanaut.

2019 a more likely scenario for either options!

Craftsman
    I'm trying to decide what else I'll need one I have a Sub. A Sub and a speedy seem a perfect combination!

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Boy that would be interesting and I would be intrigued to know what those 2-3 would be!!!
    One will hopefully be the 5617!

Blog Entries
    Current:

Patek Annual Calender 5146J
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms
    Breitling B55 Exospace Nightvision
    IWC Worldtimer
    Omega PO Chrono 9300
    Omega Speedmaster Tuesday (Speedy Tuesday)
    Rolex Air-King-Date (vintage 1978)
    Rolex TT Yacht Master Sienna-Gold / Steel 40mm
    Rolex SDc 4000

I am toying with the idea of adding the:

JLC Deep Sea Chrono - seems to be some secondhand or iconic - has anyone experience of this on??

Patek Aquanaut 5167A-001 - but in no rush for that one - maybe in a couple years time

I’d love to add a 116610LV, and a JLC Master of some sort to the collection.

Craftsman
    Currently I'm mostly wearing my Pelagos LHD, also have an Oris Diver 65, a Longines Master Series Chrono, an Alpina Startimer and an old Tag 2000 series Diver. Too many divers really, so plan on shifting the Oris and the Tag and looking to get a dress watch. Either a Nomos or something from the cheaper end of the JLC catalogue.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

....er...buying a few nice leather straps to refresh the watches I have left!

Journeyman
    Current collection consists of several Seiko divers, several GShocks, Omega Speedmaster, Rolex Sub, Tudor BB

I’ve become hung up on an Explorer 1 at the minute so expect that will come ASAP this year. I’d like a couple of cheapish vintage oddities for a change.