closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First Proper Watch - Advice Sought

Threaded View

Journeyman

First Proper Watch - Advice Sought

Hi,

I started off wanting a diver - Omega Seamaster or Breitling Colt - have about £2000 - £2500 to spend.

Having had quartz all my life, I wasn't sure whether I could live with the relative inaccuracy of an automatic so for the last couple of years I have been trying it out with a Seiko SKX007.

Found that the accuracy doesn't both me that much (although my Seiko seems to be a very good example, within COSC standards), but what I decided I didn't like is the bulk and the weight. With the Seamaster and Colt being even chunkier and heavier I've decided to change direction.

I don't like cluttered faces and I don't want a dress watch. I quite like the vintage style pilot or military watches.

To give you some idea of what I like - I have been looking at the Tudor Heritage Ranger with leather strap.

So two questions

1) Is that Tudor any good? Must admit that I had only been vaguely aware of Tudor but understand that they are part of the Rolex group.

2) What other watches of that ilk should I look at. I'm not that clued up on watch brands.

Thanks for your help.

Nigel
    Last edited by nheather; 17th January 2018 at 20:17. Reason: Improved Title