closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedy Bracelet on SMPc help

Master

Speedy Bracelet on SMPc help

A call out to any of you guys that's done this, when I offer the end links up to the case without spring bars fitted and look through the loupe I can only see half of the lug holes.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

It won't fit Matt.

The endlinks are too big. You need the bracelet from the 2254/2264.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    It won't fit Matt.

The endlinks are too big. You need the bracelet from the 2254/2264.
    Ah shucks Ross, I thought you only needed different end links at the clasp end

Master
    The 'Speedmaster type' bracelet fitted to some SMPs, the 1610/930 isn't actually the same as the bracelet as fitted to Speedmasters (though the removable links are identical). The end links will be rather different as you have clearly discovered. You may be able to find some end links to work but one complication is that you are using the new type screwed Speedmaster bracelet so can't just swap in the 930 end pieces from the 2254 like you could if you had the 1998 pin type Speedmaster Bracelet. I am a bit stumped unless you can find an end piece that works. Otherwise you need a 1610/930 or a 1998 and 930 end pieces. In their wisdom, when Omega discontinued the 2254 design, they also stopped making the Speedy type SMP bracelet so swaps like this are no longer so easy.
    Last edited by Padders; 17th January 2018 at 19:15.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Ah shucks Ross, I thought you only needed different end links at the clasp end

When fitting the adjustable clasp that is

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    The 'Speedmaster type' bracelet fitted to some SMPs, the 1610/930 isn't actually the same as the bracelet as fitted to Speedmasters. The end links will be rather different as you have clearly discovered. You may be able to find some end links to work but one complication is that you are using the new type screwed Speedmaster bracelet so can't just swap in the 930 end pieces from the 2254 like you could if you had the 1998 pin type Speedmaster Bracelet. I am a bit stumped unless you can find an end piece that works. Otherwise you need a 1610/930 or a 1998 and 930 end pieces.
    Thanks, back on the bond it is

Master
    Thanks for the prompt advice there Ross and padders, saved me mutchus bangus head against the wallus

I tried mine on the 2254 Bracelet, but as I’ve put an adjustable clasp on the new style Bond bracelet I prefer that.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I tried mine on the 2254 Bracelet, but as I’ve put an adjustable clasp on the new style Bond bracelet I prefer that.
    Yes I've gone back to my bond with adjustable clasp Scott, comfy as, but I thing the Speedy Bracelet has the edge in the looks department.