closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A revived ana-digital.

Craftsman

A revived ana-digital.

Hello,

I thought i would post a couple of pics of an old ana digital i have. It is a Pulsar Y960-6079. with a rotating compass bezel.

I had one of these in the eighties and had a hankering to pick one up again, i have no clue where mine went. I managed to pick up a dead one and found a second hand module in another version so a bit of fiddling and a new seal later my watch returns!

This one i now keep to hand for any work outside where it is my new garden beater.

Craftsman
    I love these, in fact I think they're super elegant. If you had the bracelet (yours looks like it takes the jubilee-style one, there's also a cool integrated version which I hope to get one day), or fitted a leather strap, you could easily wear it with smart casual clothes.

How loud is the alarm would you say? Your average beeping, or something more remarkable perhaps?

Craftsman
    I do have the bracelet, and you are right it is a jubilee type. The one i have is the original and needs a good clean up and a little work on the links as over time they have stretched out a little, i doubt i will use it as i prefer the NATO but will keep it with the watch anyway.

The alarm is not super loud but certainly loud enough to wake me and be heard easily when working outside.

I love these watches, i like the digital bit (Day,date - Alarm - Time) and the compass bezel. I remember thinking it was really cool using this on a walk years ago and telling people how you use it to work out compass direction using the watch and the sun.

Craftsman
    I can't make it out of the picture, does yours also have the crosshairs printed on the inner side of the crystal - I always thought that was another really neat thing about (at least some of) these.

Come to think of it, this must be one of the very few movements - certainly the only one I know - which combines "physical" setting of analogue hands and digital functions. Usually with anadigis set up like this, you'll have the hands move in sync with the digital time and you can only correct their position, or there'll be a crown to set the hands and buttons for the digital functions ...

Craftsman
    Yes, it has the cross hairs which i think are brilliant, like in this picture (not mine, from digital watch.com).

Last edited by Carl.1; 18th January 2018 at 10:18.

Craftsman
    And for the few of you out there that may actually have one of these ...a link to the user manual

https://www.seikoserviceusa.com/uplo...eets/Y961A.pdf

Master
    That's pretty cool - I like the digital day/date

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by lasz View Post
    I can't make it out of the picture, does yours also have the crosshairs printed on the inner side of the crystal - I always thought that was another really neat thing about (at least some of) these.
    I had another look at it today and rather than the cross hairs being printed on the dial they actually look like applied strips of brass under the glass. They actually look like they are set in the glass but without taking the movement out i can not see, next time i do i will have a look.
    Last edited by Carl.1; 20th January 2018 at 11:19.