closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega... Railmaster... 2000s model... bracelet... link... pin and collar?

Omega... Railmaster... 2000s model... bracelet... link... pin and collar?

Hi folks,

I wrote the title of the post as such because it occured to me how funny it is that I'm looking for the smallest parts of a link of a bracelet of a watch in order to be able to wear the said watch.

Long story short, I just (finally!) bought a rather lovely Railmaster, and in order for me to actually be able to wear it, I just need to find somewhere a spare pin and collar. I have the link needed to make it wearable for my wrist, alas, those two tiny pieces are missing.

Could you please orient me towards a source for some such pieces?

Cheers,
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    Hi folks,

I wrote the title of the post as such because it occured to me how funny it is that I'm looking for the smallest parts of a link of a bracelet of a watch in order to be able to wear the said watch.

Long story short, I just (finally!) bought a rather lovely Railmaster, and in order for me to actually be able to wear it, I just need to find somewhere a spare pin and collar. I have the link needed to make it wearable for my wrist, alas, those two tiny pieces are missing.

Could you please orient me towards a source for some such pieces?

Cheers,
    Christian
    you can try cousinsuk.com or ask your nearest Omega dealer to supply. For a Speedmaster pin and tube are 9£ each.

Grand Master
    You need the bracelet reference. Have a look on the clasp, there will be a 4 figure number. Look on the end pieces and there will be a 3 figure number. If you quote both numbers that's the bracelet reference, something like 1610/930.

An Omega dealer is probably your best bet. However, if you have the case reference it may be possible to find them elsewhere. Also quote the model number of the watch and case reference if possible, someone on here might have some spares. Railmasters were sold in two different sizes but the bracelets were the same as the Aqua Terra models from the same era. Some were 18mm between lugs whilst others were 19 or 20. The bracelets were different widths too.

If you could measure the pin and tube accurately (length and diameter) I may be able to supply a generic (non-original) that would fit, but you're better with the Omega parts if possible.

Hope this helps

Paul

Master
    What size Railmaster do you have ?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds View Post
    you can try cousinsuk.com or ask your nearest Omega dealer to supply. For a Speedmaster pin and tube are 9£ each.
    There's an Omega AD, but about 4 hours away from me so... :D

Cousinsuk.com is probably a good source, thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    You need the bracelet reference. Have a look on the clasp, there will be a 4 figure number. Look on the end pieces and there will be a 3 figure number. If you quote both numbers that's the bracelet reference, something like 1610/930.

An Omega dealer is probably your best bet. However, if you have the case reference it may be possible to find them elsewhere. Also quote the model number of the watch and case reference if possible, someone on here might have some spares. Railmasters were sold in two different sizes but the bracelets were the same as the Aqua Terra models from the same era. Some were 18mm between lugs whilst others were 19 or 20. The bracelets were different widths too.

If you could measure the pin and tube accurately (length and diameter) I may be able to supply a generic (non-original) that would fit, but you're better with the Omega parts if possible.

Hope this helps

Paul
    Very, very kind of you, many thanks! I'll PM the bracelet details once I'll check them; I'll also measure the pin and collar.

The watch is the 39mm Railmaster, the 2503.52.

Cheers,
    Christian

Master
    Cousins deffo have them in stock at the moment. Think you have to register with them to view branded stock iirc. Was looking for a link for mine last week but couldn't stomach the fifty odd quid for the link and the other bits. I actually prefer the RM on a strap, think they look so classy on a vintage leather.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Cousins deffo have them in stock at the moment. Think you have to register with them to view branded stock iirc. Was looking for a link for mine last week but couldn't stomach the fifty odd quid for the link and the other bits. I actually prefer the RM on a strap, think they look so classy on a vintage leather.
    A link would be about half that at a Boutique or AD. Cousins prices on Omega bits have gone through the roof since the parts embargo started to bite last year. Seriously for links and bracelet bits, Cousins etc are no longer competitive vs the official channel.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    A link would be about half that at a Boutique or AD. Cousins prices on Omega bits have gone through the roof since the parts embargo started to bite last year. Seriously for links and bracelet bits, Cousins etc are no longer competitive vs the official channel.
    Agree, I can understand the position Cousins are in and their decision to hike prices up, but it means they are no longer competitive for oarts that can be sourced via the Omega boutiques ADs.

If the OP can measure the oarts accurately with a dgital caliper I’ll see what I can find. I have a stock of generic pins and tubes but usually the Omega sizes don’t match up exactly.

It’s time someone started making exact copies of the Omega sizes, quality doesn’t need to be brilliant because the Omega parts aren’t! More generic manufactured parts would start to hurt Swatch Group and highlight the flaws in their parts supply stance.

Paul

Master
    Christian
    If someone can give me the exact part numbers etc for these I can order at the Glasgow Omega boutique,pick them up and send out to you.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Christian
    If someone can give me the exact part numbers etc for these I can order at the Glasgow Omega boutique,pick them up and send out to you.
    Should be possible to order with the bracelet reference, from the clasp and end-pieces.

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Thanks for the info, wasn’t aware that was the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Christian
    Jim, you're such a gent! PM follows :)

Many thanks for all contributions! For shared knowledge, the Railmaster 2503.52, has the bracelet 1574/898.

Cheers,
    Christian

Master
    Phoned Omega Boutique yesterday and got the manager Alan.
    Nice guy and told me to pop in and that he had some pins and collars in stock.
    Went in today and he gave me a couple of different sizes to get to Christian.
    Took no payment for it.
    Top service from Omega Glasgow.

Chapeau to Omega and even more so chapeau to you!