closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Foundation Le Corbusier Paris

Blog Entries

Foundation Le Corbusier Paris

foundation Le Corbusier in Paris

Another posting (movie thread) reminded me of a visit to a nice, small museum in Paris: the Le Corbusier Foundation at the Sq. Dr. Blanche in the 16th arrondissement. More or less SW from Place Trocadéro. A nice walk on a sunny day from Trocadéro.

Hidden between the houses you normally see in Paris, there's a monumental-but-not-so-big house that has Le Corbusier's signature all over. The house can be part of a Le Corbusier City walk!

Recommended

https://www.1stdibs.com/blogs/the-st...-walking-tour/

(Mind you, I think that I've read somewhere that LC's apartment is being restored until May 2018 - best check first)

Menno

Many thanks for sharing M, I'll definitely have a look next time I'm there, and as an additional bonus, I've just emailed Mrs the link to go over all those wonderful interior design ideas (I know, totally self inflicted but hey ho)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    Bookmarked. Excellent! Thank you.

If you go here out of interest for his style of architecture, then it's worth the 5 minute walk to rue Mallet-Stevens where there are half a dozen houses designed be the eponymous architect who, in my Philistine opinion, produced far more interesting designs. And while you are in the neigbourhood, might as well go to the excellent Musée Marmottan Monet not far away and generally free of crowds.

Blog Entries
    Both are new to me! Thanks