closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag Heuer CV2A10 opinions

Craftsman

Tag Heuer CV2A10 opinions

Now I know it’s not the most popular but be kind cos for now I own one.

I’m looking for some honest opinions about whether I should keep the watch or let it go. I was about to move house so listed the watch and the popular bidding site. The house has fallen through but I’ve had contact from someone wanting to buy the watch direct for £1600, no fees etc. I’ve done all the usual checks and the sale is safe so that’s not my concern should I do the deal.

My question is, is the watch worth keeping at that sort of money???

I use the tag as a sort of daily (although it’s mint and just serviced with Duncan) with a Rolex Milgauss as my occasion watch.

When I got the watch serviced I spoke to a few local dealers. They seemed to think that Tag might change direction with their watches to a lower price bracket, this possibly increasing the value of mine.

What are people’s thoughts????

Your heart doesn’t sound in it so I don’t see any reason why the Milgauss wouldn’t make a perfectly serviceable daily wearer, freeing up the Tag for sale.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Your heart doesn’t sound in it so I don’t see any reason why the Milgauss wouldn’t make a perfectly serviceable daily wearer, freeing up the Tag for sale.
    I’ve had the Tag a few years now and it’s been a really good watch. I can’t wear a decent watch for work so stick with a trusty G-Shock for that.
    I’m now in a position where I thought it needed to go and now it doesn’t have to I’m a little unsure.

Craftsman

Tag Heuer CV2A10 opinions

It’s a nice watch that isn’t particularly to my taste. Lots of people love them though. I’d say if you’ve already parted with it in your head, unless financially you are a pretty happy fella I’d sell rather than keeping it in the box. I think it’s unlikely to gather enough value year on year to justify keeping it dormant. Up to you though. If you were happy before, really do want to keep the Rolex for good and aren’t particularly in need of the cash then why sell it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I like that general tag chrono design but the arabic indices make what is already a busy dial too much. Preferred the older model with the batons.

Really does depend if you want to keep it or not, a quick check makes what you’ve been offered reasonable.
    I quite like it but not enough to buy at that price, Tag are not well liked here.
    As you already have a Milgauss, maybe sell it and try something else or even several others, tough call really.

Master
    I used to own one of them and it is own of the very few I regret having let go. It has a gorgeous dial, nice red accents and very interstinf start/stop pusher! I would probably keep it for that money.

I bought one new in 2009 and whilst I liked it, I knew that I should have bought the 41mm version (CV2010).
    I sold it to Watchfinder a couple of years ago now for £1800 IIRC.

If you’re not feeling it then it’s probably best to move it on. Looking at eBay sold prices £1600 seems a fair price too.

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    If you sell the Tag don't expect to get much for It! Residuals are poor

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    He knows exactly how much he will get for it. Did you read the thread or at you just here to trash tag?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Really does depend if you want to keep it or not, a quick check makes what you’ve been offered reasonable.
    I quite like it but not enough to buy at that price, Tag are not well liked here.
    As you already have a Milgauss, maybe sell it and try something else or even several others, tough call really.
    This was one option I’d considered, sell the tag and buy something at a lower price bracket or even consider a smart watch for something totally different.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    If you sell the Tag don't expect to get much for It! Residuals are poor

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    I’m fairly happy with the price, obviously I’d always like to get the best deal but what I’ve been offered privately trumps watch finder and the like. As it’s all fee free if I was to list it on eBay it would have to get to £1770ish for me to still get the £1600 take homes so I’m happy with that.