closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Heritage Black Bay

Master

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

are these watches the Tudor equivalent of a scaled down Rolex Submariner .......

presumably they are good buys at around £2,500

I really like them, but some find them slab sided. The newer in-house models seem very well priced when compared to a number of other mid tier brands.

I have a couple of Black Bays and a newer Pelagos.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    are these watches the Tudor equivalent of a scaled down Rolex Submariner .......

Found myself asking the same thing after seeing the Harrods version and lusting after it......... a lot

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post

Not really scaled down, they're quite thick.

Watchfinder made a nice comparison article: http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/article...er-vs-tudor-bl

and video: https://youtu.be/VMPGFWtmTeM

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Not really scaled down, they're quite thick.

Watchfinder made a nice comparison article: http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/article...er-vs-tudor-bl

and video: https://youtu.be/VMPGFWtmTeM
    Top post is this, as the Watchfinder videos do indeed do a good job of comparing the two.

What I love about the Black bay watches, is the vintage feel (Especially the Black bay with a black bezel) with the gilt dial - without faux vintage lume and other gimmicks. Personally I would rather have the ETA version with the matching rose on dial and crown, along with the curved text. In that respect the ETA model doesn't really compare with the Rolex, but for the money you can't go wrong really.

Quote Originally Posted by mjgerrard View Post
    Top post is this, as the Watchfinder videos do indeed do a good job of comparing the two.

What I love about the Black bay watches, is the vintage feel (Especially the Black bay with a black bezel) with the gilt dial - without faux vintage lume and other gimmicks. Personally I would rather have the ETA version with the matching rose on dial and crown, along with the curved text. In that respect the ETA model doesn't really compare with the Rolex, but for the money you can't go wrong really.
    Yes, the BBN ETA is a particularly special version of this watch and I count myself fortunate to own one. Tudor, however, turned it into a bit of a Rolex Submariner wannabe with the in-house version - nothing wrong with that but I feel it lost the Hertitage feel of the ETA ‘rose’ models in the process.

Craftsman
    I have two Black Bays currently. The red version with ETA movement and the black bezel version with the in house movement. I’ve noticed no difference when on the wrist. The biggest difference comes from the weight of the bracelet.
    Both have been worn on leather.

Master
    There are lots and lots of threads on this subject which will give you load of information. I have two and love them. I also provided my take on the subject which I have listed below. This is specifically for the ETA version 79220B but I also have the BB steel with in house MT 5162 Caliber. They are both great value for the price you pay. You cant go wrong just buy one.

Tudor BBB 79220B - great value for money

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Ive always said that bang for buck theres not much better in the luxury band
    RIAC

Brilliant watch - a bit of a modern watch design icon, and as already stated, very hard to beat in terms of value for money.

The following good review gives some idea of how favourably the TBB compares with the Rolex Submariner (the answer is: very favourably), and bear in mind this is the older ETA/Rose version reviewed, so the newer in-house versions has superior specs in terms of the movement:
    https://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-s...ck-bay-review/

Try not to think of the TBB as a cut-price Sub though - Tudor has long-since progressed from Rolex's shadow and Tudor have their own worthy niche. The Sub is still definitely the superior watch (in terms of technical features/build quality), but for being more than twice the price of the TBB, it's certainly not twice the watch. In fact, I get more of a kick from wearing my Red ETA TBB than the Sub - it has more visual charm & character.

The included additional fabric straps are best-in-class as well - woven in France on hand-set looms by the same outfit that makes fabric for the Vatican & Chanel, they're much more than a standard NATO.

Some of the older ETA/Rose models are still knocking-around in ADs if you look hard enough.

Master
    Very impressed with my ETA Black Bay Blue - super fit and finish. I'd go as so far to say on par with my newer Explorer II case and bracelet wise.

Master
    Excellent value for money. Having owned both the ETA and the in-house, the ETA is the better all round watch - thinner, nicer dial, could be collectible.

Hugely regret selling my ETA and on the (seemingly long) hunt to buy one back for a good price.

I think they are great, but not for everyone, they are rather thick and wear not as comfy as their Sub counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by mjgerrard View Post
    I downloaded the Youtube app on to my tv, and then watched a few Watchfinder videos in HD. Their videos are really well put together, and when you see some of them filmed close-up, on a large screen the details you barely notice in reality, look amazing! I now want tons of watches that I haven't previously given a second glance.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I downloaded the Youtube app on to my tv, and then watched a few Watchfinder videos in HD. Their videos are really well put together, and when you see some of them filmed close-up, on a large screen the details you barely notice in reality, look amazing! I now want tons of watches that I haven't previously given a second glance.
    There's definitely some money spent on the production, despite them being simple enough videos. Whatever one thinks of their shop and prices, they do make great YouTube content.

I had the burgundy and found it wore to thick. Sold at a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Great video ^^ good post.

Master
    I like them but don't own One (yet).
    The constant Rolex comparison reminds me of an old Top Gear where Clarkson tested the (then new) Range Rover Sport...

I had a blue ETA version. Really great watch but I ended up selling it here not long ago. Not sure why but I guess I just got a bit bored of it. Sometimes I regret that decision.