closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2018

Master

Formula 1 2018

On the grid girls issue, I can see that brands and sponsors are terrified of being on the wrong side of the #MeToo campaign, even if there's no real relationship. Of course it's old fashioned, and if Apple deployed a bunch of scantily clad cheerleaders you'd think they'd lost their minds. And yet, it does fit in F1, which in theory thrives on glamor, speed, danger, and excitement.

The assumption by The Guardian, without even bothering to analyse it, that the job is demeaning is also irritating in the extreme. What about models then? Actors? Pop stars?

The decision feels repressive and repressed, and makes the sport and the world a little more boring.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 3rd February 2018 at 23:51.

Bye bye grid girls, hello kids.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...h-kids-1002307

"This will be an extraordinary moment for these youngsters: imagine, standing beside their heroes, watch as they prepare to race, the elite of the elite in motorsport, to be there, alongside them in those precious few minutes just before the start," said F1 managing director Sean Bratches. "What an unforgettable experience, for them, and their families. An inspiration to keep driving, training and learning so that they can dream of one day being there themselves. What better way to inspire the next generation of Formula 1 heroes."

That very much reads as if Sean Bratches feels the need to sell the idea, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    And why not indeed? Other sports have been successfully pursuing this kind of approach for some time now.

I suppose my comment could read a little negatively, it wasn't supposed to. I've no issue whatsoever with their decision and I can indeed see the positives, and as I'd said previously I'm not exactly going to miss the grid girls anyway (and I don't think I'm going to be alone here) so to provide some inspiration for the younger generation instead is a good thing.

Master

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...h-kids-1002307

That very much reads as if Sean Bratches feels the need to sell the idea, personally.
    As if they should need any additional incentive to make it into F1.
    It does sound as if he's trying desperately hard to convince himself, never mind sell the proposition to even the neutrals.

Bye bye F1, it was nice knowing you these past 25+ years!

I wonder how many of these kids will be female.

More males in F1! Just what the circus needs. Not!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    As if they should need any additional incentive to make it into F1.
    It does sound as if he's trying desperately hard to convince himself, never mind sell the proposition to even the neutrals.

Bye bye F1, it was nice knowing you these past 25+ years!
    At the risk of sounding like one of The Fast Show characters, these were my initial thoughts. The hungriest of young guns wouldn't need that kind of motivation and his statement was very much "think of the children!" in order to mask the decision to drop the girls, it's almost a distraction if you will.

It's a shame that you feel like walking away from the sport over such a decision however I guess that's the power of marketing. Get it (subjectively) wrong and you start to lose fans and followers of the sport for many years. It should be about the quality of the racing, the reality is that it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I wonder how many of these kids will be female.

More males in F1! Just what the circus needs. Not!
    It does feel as though Liberty have opened themselves up to scrutiny over who gets to be with the drivers. Too many boys and they'll get it in the neck, too many girls and they'll be accused of positive discrimination.

Craftsman
    Never mind the grid girls, what about Alonso’s chances this year. Given the challenges McLaren faced last year and the expected exit of Alonso who eventually stayed...surely there must be something interesting on the horizon....?? Give me hope......

Master
    It's a shame that you feel like walking away from the sport over such a decision...
    My walking away is not as a result of the grid girls going — I do feel they've had the carpet yanked out from under them because the usual eternal apologists have had their customary knee jerk reaction to what's happened in recent weeks — but the loss of terrestrial broadcasts, and general interest.
    When you can watch the race highlights on YT the day after, and be satisfied with that, just to see the result, then you know it's time to leave it to those who still get excitement from watching the whole race.
    Even when recorded, I've found myself FF through the bulk of it, only rewinding to listen to the driver/pits comms.

Moto GP, WRC, and BTCC have all been forgotten about after years of ardently following them when terrestrial broadcasters (chiefly BBC2) aired the races/stages.
    As none of them have missed me, then I suspect F1 will be exactly the same.
    Last edited by PJ S; 5th February 2018 at 22:15.

Journeyman
    Last season I went to watch the Goodwood members meeting and got to see some wonderful early 80’s F1 cars
    Made me remember why I used to love F1
    When I compare watching Mansell/Senna etc at Brands compared with being a long way from the track at Silverstone I decided to call it a day on modern F1

Why replace girls with kids, just do w/o.

Can't get excited about this season, but will inevitably get drawn in.

Something wrong when the most interesting bit is the "magazine TV" on the qualifying show. The talk is more gripping than the on track action.

Fast forward on catch up!

Stepping away from the free global publicity that Liberty have managed to achieve with a simple press release announcing the non-appearance of grid girls next season, here are a couple of interesting videos for the F1 tech geeks showing the importance of the front wings in managing air flow, which also explain why overtaking is still difficult in today's Formula 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjsUwFHQbWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXKQezyl2Oo

Willem Toet is a former Ferrari aerodynamicist, and a very useful hillclimber in his own right. Well worth listening to.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Stepping away from the free global publicity that Liberty have managed to achieve with a simple press release announcing the non-appearance of grid girls next season, here are a couple of interesting videos for the F1 tech geeks showing the importance of the front wings in managing air flow, which also explain why overtaking is still difficult in today's Formula 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjsUwFHQbWo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXKQezyl2Oo

Willem Toet is a former Ferrari aerodynamicist, and a very useful hillclimber in his own right. Well worth listening to.
    Thanks for those. They led me to another of their videos: F1's new driver weight rules explained.

My pleasure, Bob. I can lose hours on that sort of F1 geekery!
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Scarbs’ insight has always been remarkable. It’s good to see that he is now making a decent career out of it.

Edited to add: if you haven’t already discovered it, this will let you binge on some of his older stuff: http://scarbsf1.com
    Last edited by Bravo73; 6th February 2018 at 22:23.

grid kids....yuk.... it's not soft turf.....
    & there's a reason kids are barred from pits and grid, hot engines and exhausts, cables, packed with people on hot hard tarmac,noise Db levels, etc...

so grid girl role models............girls like Jo Polley in Brit Touring Cars, in World motorcycling Ana Carasco & Maria Herrera or brit girls Maria Costello (who beat my mate Phil at the Isle Of Man) & Georgina Polden who are all racing motorcycles don't need role models they just get on with it (ana had her own topless grid boy for balance)

Bev Turner who was crap on ITV & has slated F1 ever since has been rubbing her hands with glee as apparently she has been campaigning against it for 15 years! but we only found this out last week...
    however, she was quite tidy in her day (and is dreary but attractive now) & the funniest thing is grid girls have found plenty of pictures of pull the ladder up Bev in various stages of undress in bikinis and lingerie so of course liberally posted them....

as well as being very intelligent, pleasant polite and showing indeed they want to do this & don't need any feminazis telling them how to earn a living....

meanwhile British Superbikes is confirmed as keeping grid girls & ignore Liberty's decision as Stuart Higgs race director thought that he'd found a solution to grid girls but couldn't make it work after all.......

Purely in the interests of research, you wouldn't happen to have any links to the once-lovely Ms Turner in her prime? I was always a bit of a fan....

Sorry lordloz, they may be kids but this isn't "soft turf" that two 12 year olds are playing on:

...and one year later, guess who is shaking one of their hands (in the pit lane winners enclosure at the Sepang MotoGP):

Sorry to drag MotoGP into the thread...I promise in not to do it again...but I think it makes a point. Be it rugby, football, tennis, cycling, swimming etc etc, the kids are the future. They are not out of place, if looked after properly.

Now, will I be sorry not to see the grid girls...that's another question? At least in a MotoGP grid they have a proper job...holding the umbrella / parasol...

The FIA are tightening up on potential misinterpretations of the engine rules to try to limit the opportunities for teams to burn oil as fuel, and have clarified the regs on inlet temperatures and outlawed the use of "qualifying oil", neither of which I was aware were issues until I read the Autosport article:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ricks-for-2018

Craftsman
    I dislike the principle of the grid girl issue but do think making it accessible to kids, and proper fans in general, is a good idea. Then they cut terrestrial TV........better learn about this streaming lark.

Quote Originally Posted by anz3001 View Post
    I dislike the principle of the grid girl issue but do think making it accessible to kids, and proper fans in general, is a good idea. Then they cut terrestrial TV........better learn about this streaming lark.
    I would imagine that the TV rights were all done and dusted before Liberty stuck their head into the lion's mouth, however you do have a very fair point. The sport needs to be accessible, that doesn't match with (in the UK) Sky only from '19 onwards.

Here's a clip of Mercedes' '18 contender, for what it's worth.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...ngine-1003236/

Rumours are that it's circa 1000bhp - quite a jump from the circa 900bhp (I think) '17 powerplant, even if it is still well short of the turbo quali specials of years yonder.
    Last edited by CardShark; 9th February 2018 at 02:05.

Quote Originally Posted by PHB1969 View Post
    Never mind the grid girls, what about Alonso’s chances this year. Given the challenges McLaren faced last year and the expected exit of Alonso who eventually stayed...surely there must be something interesting on the horizon....?? Give me hope......
    With Fernando now competing in this year's WEC with Toyota he'll have a packed out season however I think he'll be up for it, both physically and mentally. He's still one of the most respected drivers on the F1 grid despite his relative lack of championship wins - McLaren had a decent chassis last season and Red Bull did OK with Renault last year, the team's performance will certainly be a talking point for the year ahead.

Let's not forget Stoffel Vandoorne as he performed well last season, both on stage and off. On circuit he showed his teammate nothing more than his rear wing on a few occasions and he also allowed Fernando to be the voicebox. Sure, he threw a couple of jabs in now and again, however he was wise enough to allow the more influential Alonso to have the greater vocal opinion on engine related matters and now he has a second season with one of the most successful teams on the grid. Job done, I'd say.

I have high hopes for Stoffel - he was quietly effective last year and flew under the radar with the focus on Fred. If the car is half decent this season we're in for a treat.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Rumours are that it's circa 1000bhp - quite a jump from the circa 900bhp (I think) '17 powerplant, even if it is still well short of the turbo quali specials of years yonder.
    Rather shocking that thought.
    It is quite like that on the street too. Modern cars have been given more balls with one hand and those have been taken off with the other.

Purely in the interests of research, you wouldn't happen to have any links to the once-lovely Ms Turner in her prime? I was always a bit of a fan....
    happy to help....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=be...jHXzpqFI7hhwM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=be...jHXzpqFI7hhwM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=be...8dW8jmHPFv56M:

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Sorry lordloz, they may be kids but this isn't "soft turf" that two 12 year olds are playing on:

...and one year later, guess who is shaking one of their hands (in the pit lane winners enclosure at the Sepang MotoGP):

Sorry to drag MotoGP into the thread...I promise in not to do it again...but I think it makes a point. Be it rugby, football, tennis, cycling, swimming etc etc, the kids are the future. They are not out of place, if looked after properly.

Now, will I be sorry not to see the grid girls...that's another question? At least in a MotoGP grid they have a proper job...holding the umbrella / parasol...

no....
    but they are actually.....competing which is absolutely and totally to be encouraged in UK because we are woeful here compared to spain and italy which run pit and mini bike championships (due yes to the weather partly) but also to the attitude to motorsport esp. motorbikes here by majority of parents and mums to bikes and cars for that matter..... till recently the thick ACU kept the racing age limits too high...

so you get a Marquez been riding several years before a Crutchlow or Redding or whoever even gets anywhere close to a track....

those you show....well they aren't mascots and are competing at the same level.....

they aren't standing around the top level championship competitors and teams & among the highest tech you can get....
    those kids racing still wouldn't be normally allowed in any top level pit lane BP....i get what you're saying but is a bit comparing apples and oranges

oh don't apologise to me for bringing up Moto GP....i think i posted a couple of time last year but was clear no MGP talk welcome on thread so I didn't ..this as pre season is probably one of my last posts as i slink back to dirty smelly motorbikes...

It's best to keep the two threads separate, then we can happily co-exist and not descend into pointless arguments and comparisons between two different sports.

Cricket and rugby are both played on grass, but there's little to be gained by arguing about their differences, is there? Any discussion about Formula 1 is welcome.

Thanks for the links, by the way!

Banned
    Blog Entries

When F1 was fun to watch

and had 1300 hp in qualifying;

The Haas 2018 contender has broken cover, nothing too much to note other than the obvious inclusion of the Halo device.

Upcoming launch dates -

15 February: Williams, London
    19 February: Red Bull, online launch
    20 February: Alfa Romeo Sauber, online launch; Renault, online launch
    22 February: Ferrari, online launch; Mercedes, Silverstone

23 February: McLaren, online launch
    26 February: Toro Rosso, Circuit de Catalunya-Barcelona

As usual, expect the launch cars to represent the race cars from a livery perspective however there will be plenty of details kept under wraps until as late as possible. The cars we see in the coming week or so aren't the cars being tested in the wind tunnels and simulators.

Master
    Definitely don't like the look of the Halo device.

Master
    I see the shark fin and T-wing have been banned then. Good, I think they destroyed the lines of the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I see the shark fin and T-wing have been banned then. Good, I think they destroyed the lines of the cars.
    Agreed.

Have a look at the Williams FW41 for example, unveiled earlier this evening. Looking pretty slick IMO*.

It's the first car that both Paddy Lowe (ex Merc) and Dirk de Beer (ex Ferrari Chief Aero) have had full influence over from concept to completion. The team are talking about taking a different approach to the aerodynamics, are they trying to disguise something with what appears to be a matt black finish to the lower parts of the car or is the livery race spec?

*I'm ignoring the Halo, I think we may have discussed this enough already. Besides, ultimately I think we'll all get used to them anyway.

There's definitely something going on around the lower sidepod and floor area of the Williams, because they've tried very hard to hide it. I'm hoping that Giorgio Piola has his pencil sharpened for Barcelona, and will be snooping around the paddock and garages to give us an insight into what's actually going on with this year's cars.

Williams, as CS says above, have produced their first car under the guidance of Paddy Lowe and Dirk de Beer. Under the hybrid formula they've relied on a low-drag design philosophy, but that isn't necessarily the way to go, as Force India have shown. The problem that Williams have is that they are geared up as a customer engine team, but with most fabrication and aero work in-house, whereas Force India outsource most of their aero and fabrication. Williams can produce and upgrade parts easier and quicker, Force India have far lower overheads, and have finished higher than Williams in the Constructors' Championship (and therefore earned more money from FOM) in recent years. Again this season the two teams will be scrapping over fourth in the Constructors' Championship, but they are likely to be joined by Renault, who have the strongest driver pairing outside of the Top 3.

Much hot air has been expended over McLaren's chances in 2018, and obviously nobody knows the relative ultimate pace of the contenders until Qualifying in Melbourne, as some will keep their powder dry through the Practice sessions as well as pre-season Testing. McLaren will either join Renault, Williams and Force India at the front of the midfield or continue to disappoint their shareholders and fans. I remember that at the start of last season the McLaren fans were getting more excited about the prospect of the car being painted orange, and not about the possibility that Honda might pull a rabbit from the hat and actually make a powerful and reliable power pack. Ultimately McLaren's orange paint proved less disastrous than Honda's engines. A move from the weakest, least reliable engine package to the second weakest, least reliable engine package might again prove character-building for the Woking faithful.

Which leaves the two customer Ferrari/Alfa Romeo teams, both with up to date power units. Ferrari will want both teams to be competitive, and to be capable of mixing it with the lesser Mercedes propelled runners, and if Haas can get their brakes sorted out to the satisfaction of M. Grosjean, who knows? Sauber are effectively a new team this year, and have the most exciting Formula 1 newcomer for many years in Charles Leclerc, so for the first time in many seasons there are no "also-rans". While the fight for ultimate honours should be closer as the Big 3 hone their 2017 cars with a year's development behind them, the other customer teams are more evenly matched than ever before.

We might just have a classic season of Grand Prix racing to look forward to.
    Last edited by Backward point; 16th February 2018 at 20:10.

Master
    The Williams has the 2017 front wing still so that will change. Both the Haas and Williams use Ferrari style front floor and side pods. From what I gather Ferrari will be slightly longer this time and the Merc slightly shorter so they will end up very close in length which was a fair differential in circuit fit last season.

You may ask why I have ignored Toro Rosso and their Honda engines in my above diatribe.

The travails of McLaren and their subsequent divorce from Honda are well documented. Anybody with access to Amazon Video and half an interest in Formula 1 should watch the four-part documentary which follows the build-up to the 2017 season, and showed some of the frustrations of the team as they produced what was to become a good chassis only to have their hopes of a decent points tally (and the money which would accompany it) dashed by poor reliability and a lack of power and competitiveness.

This year, things are different. Toro Rosso have the Honda engines, and the Japanese manufacturer will be under pressure like never before, because Toro Rosso is being used as a test-bed for an engine supply to Red Bull, whose relationship with Renault post 2014 can only be described as fractious.

The primary reason behind Ron Dennis' decision to take a leap of faith and sign McLaren's fortunes over to a Honda engine deal was the reality that having a customer engine would mean that his team could never beat the factory team, and he was right. Although the relationship with Honda was such that it seemed that specifications and dimensions were communicated between Japan and Woking via a dysfunctional phone line, and nothing happened at Honda without the involvement of the correct protocols and hierarchal approvals - the final episode of the Amazon series shows the 2017 engines arriving at McLaren and the McLaren produced mounting bolts being of incorrect size, so they had to be remanufactured, and an updated engine map taking an hour to download before the engine could be fired up. Gary Anderson, F1 designer of note, had cautioned that the logistics and managerial inertia behind the "Japanese way" meant that creating a fruitful and mutually beneficial working relationship was very, very difficult.

The mighty Red Bull have decided that their Formula 1 fortunes would be best served by using their secondary team to iron out the issues and difficulties of working with Honda, the reward for Honda being a supply agreement for the primary team as well, and a chance to regain credibility as a supplier of winning Grand Prix power units.

There is a lot at stake, for both parties. The normally taciturn Franz Tost will be the man in the spotlight, and he will have to manage the relationship. For Brendon Hartley and Pierre Gasly this will be a character building season - can Honda overcome their reliability problems which hampered the McLaren drivers with so many grid penalties during their time together, and at the same time find more power? There has been criticism from McLaren that Honda use the F1 engine programme as a temporary stepping-stone for engineers rather than finding the most talented engineers and assigning them to the project long-term. It's hard to imagine from Honda's perspective that their current involvement in F1 is anything less than a public humiliation on a global scale, and they need to resolve it, fast. The Company's reputation is at stake, they are, without doubt, manufacturers of great engines above anything else, and to see "their" cars under-performing and expiring on the most public of stages is doing irredeemable damage to the Honda brand.

2018 could be make or break for one of the world's most important engine builders and their relationship with Formula 1. Again.

We might just have a classic season of Grand Prix racing to look forward to.
    Indeed. It was surprising to see the pack as relatively close as it was last season given the complete shake-up of the regulations, with the theoretical compression that rule stability brings we could be in for a corker this year. I certainly hope so, despite Lewis' 4th DC win I still feel a little deflated by Ferrari's demise in the final few races last year, with all the negative chatter around Halo this and grid girl that my fingers are crossed for a highly competitive season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    The Williams has the 2017 front wing still so that will change. Both the Haas and Williams use Ferrari style front floor and side pods. From what I gather Ferrari will be slightly longer this time and the Merc slightly shorter so they will end up very close in length which was a fair differential in circuit fit last season.
    The last Autosport Podcast touched on the subject of wheelbases and that they may start to converge. Merc was thought to have the longest and RB the shortest in '17, apparently Merc may shorten their car to a) reduce weight and therefore increase moveable ballast and b) be more competitive on the tight and twisty circuits with RB and Ferrari increasing their wheelbases to improve performance in medium/long turns. RB have been known to have that distinctive high rake (nose down, tail up) approach for the last few years, let's see what direction they take this year. Wheelbase length also has a huge effect on the aero; the larger the gap the more space the air can be pushed/pulled around, the shorter the wheelbase the smaller the space.

2018 could be make or break for one of the world's most important engine builders and their relationship with Formula 1. Again.
    Desperate times for Honda, Christian Horner must be absolutely bricking it.
    Last edited by CardShark; 17th February 2018 at 00:33.

I did say i was making my last post here as I find it rather silly not being able to discuss elements of other motorsport but afore i go (& apologies if been mentioned as i wasn't on F1 thread last year for the aforementioned reason)but...

I absolutely cannot resist recommending this as it is tucked well away on Netflix & i by chance came across the Frank Williams documentary (amazingly it's called Williams) which traces his beginnings, his family including Claire talking too- but amazingly secret biog tapes his wife made on how they met,their life & his accident,his racing history, his motivations & all in it's a fabulous insight & just excellent...
    Enjoy..

I'll get my coat now

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by lordloz; 17th February 2018 at 01:14.

Craftsman
    I'm downloading both eye Williams the and McLaren series now. Hopefully they'll be good.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Red Bull have been running their new car at Silverstone today, using up a filming day to shake the car down before testing starts at Barcelona.

Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull Racing RB14 https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photo/...b14-15901598// via @motorsport

Is that the final livery? I like it but i'm surprised Red Bull are cannibalising their own brand and having worked with them, their brand guidelines are exceptionally strict in terms of colours, placement etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    Is that the final livery? I like it but i'm surprised Red Bull are cannibalising their own brand and having worked with them, their brand guidelines are exceptionally strict in terms of colours, placement etc.
    I think they did the same thing last year. Put a camo wrap on the car until the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff W View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I think they did the same thing last year. Put a camo wrap on the car until the season starts.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/43111042

• The car was launched with a temporary paint scheme, described by the team as "a special edition livery".
    • The race paintwork will be unveiled in testing at Spain's Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya next week.

Yet another launch with a livery disguising the detail, just what are these teams hiding? As said, the livery will change come test day, and the Aston Martin branding is much more prominent on this year's chassis given their step up to title sponsor position - last year it was Red Bull Racing, this year Aston Martin Red Bull Racing.

For the last few years they've been the last to unveil their car, or at least one of the last, yet this year they've chosen to unveil the car a little earlier as, according to Adrian Newey, they were ready to do so. Nothing to do with being able to squeeze in some shakedown, sorry, TV time before the 26th February, then.

Note the huge differences in the barge-board/sidepod areas when you compare the Haas, Williams and now the RB. There were a number of differences between the teams last year, perhaps this season will be no different.
    Last edited by CardShark; 19th February 2018 at 17:24.

Sauber C37 now launched.

Interesting snout, looks similar to FI's nosecone nostrils, it's also the first launch car to feature aero addenda on the Halo. They're also talking about a change in aero philosophy, with 2018 (re-badged)Ferrari power behind them what will be the weakest part of the team? The chassis or the drivers? Leclerc shows promise, his Scandinavian teammate less so.

Paddy Lowe has gone on record as saying that the area around the sidepods will be a focal point for all the teams this season with large gains to be had with regards to potential aero performance. They're certainly becoming more detailed, there has been plenty of serrated edges and multiple surfaces on display so far from each of the launch cars.

An engaging teaser from McLaren. Hints of an all orange car for 2018?

Sauber is the first one where the Halo really stands out (guess because of the colour) and looks pretty ugly.

Master
    Just as last year, they’ve pulled another good looking car out of the hat.

Here's a quick little video from Mercedes on the subject of the Halo along with an article from Autosport with some detail around its application.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...nge-f1-in-2018

Perhaps this increase in weight is partly responsible for Mercedes' rumoured decision to shorten their car offsetting some of those additional kgs?

I guess we'll end up getting used to it and I don't want to turn this in to a Halo thread but i'll just say: Not a fan.