closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Picture request Rolex Datejust next to Seiko SKX013

Journeyman

Picture request Rolex Datejust next to Seiko SKX013

Hi,

After my previous thread about a 40mm diver I’m considering the SKX013.

If anyone has these two watch’s please can you post a photo of them side by side? I am worried the SKX may be a little small but it would be good to see a photo next to a Datejust.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Picture request Rolex Datejust next to Seiko SKX013

Unless your wrists are very small then I’d say it’s a given that you’ll find it too small. These watches wear small from the start so if you headed out looking for a 40mm I don’t see how a 38mm Watch is going to work. I’ve had both 007 and 009 and they both wear well as casual divers. If your wrist is anything from 6.5-6.75 inches up then either of these watches would wear fine on a nato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a SKX007 and thought initially to buy a SKX013 as I have very slim wrists at 6 inches. The 007 wears perfectly and glad I opted for this. I have Explorer 1 36mm which takes a bit of getting use to after the 007.

Journeyman
    I had an SKX009 but found that I didn’t like how much of the dial takes up my 6.75” wrist so it got returned and that’s why I’m looking at the SKX013.

Thanks

Here you go:

The 13 isn't that much smaller than the 007/9 on the wrist, I think the lug to lug is only a few mm difference (44mm v 46mm).

The SKX007 wears so small that I find it distracting, the 013 must be like a ladies' on anybody with above a 6" wrist.

Craftsman
    I was torn between the 007 and the 013. I decided to go for the smaller watch as I was getting a bit tired of 42mm+ watches. I thought it looked small when it arrived but decided to give it a chance. I persevered with it for about a month but never warmed to it. I found the dial to be too cluttered for its size and I found it difficult to read. It was also tall despite it being sub 40mm. I sold it in the end and went for a 009 which is my daily wearer. Much easier to read and wears smaller than its 42mm dimensions suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam View Post
    Here you go:

The 13 isn't that much smaller than the 007/9 on the wrist, I think the lug to lug is only a few mm difference (44mm v 46mm).
    That’s great thank you for the photos.

How do you find the Rolex and Seiko compare when on the wrist? I think the datejust is the perfect size and looking at the photos the dial size looks very similar and the extra 2mm is the additional bezel width.

Thanks

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    I was torn between the 007 and the 013. I decided to go for the smaller watch as I was getting a bit tired of 42mm+ watches. I thought it looked small when it arrived but decided to give it a chance. I persevered with it for about a month but never warmed to it. I found the dial to be too cluttered for its size and I found it difficult to read. It was also tall despite it being sub 40mm. I sold it in the end and went for a 009 which is my daily wearer. Much easier to read and wears smaller than its 42mm dimensions suggest.

I did have an 009 but I found when I looked at my wrist the dial took up to much of my wrist and the short lugs didn’t help.

The seiko is a fair bit taller and chunkier so feels bigger than the Rolex, but for someone with a smaller wrist like me, they both sit comfortably without totally filling my wrist.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    I did have an 009 but I found when I looked at my wrist the dial took up to much of my wrist and the short lugs didn’t help.

That’s fair enough. Although I think it wears fairly small for a 42mm watch (smaller than a Pelagos for instance) there’s no escaping the fact that it isn’t actually a small watch! Wrist size and shape and personal preferences have a lot to do with it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I have a SKX007 and thought initially to buy a SKX013 as I have very slim wrists at 6 inches. The 007 wears perfectly and glad I opted for this. I have Explorer 1 36mm which takes a bit of getting use to after the 007.
    Used to in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Used to in what way?
    My Explorer was my everyday watch and it was perfect in every respect - size, weight and wearability. Then coupe of years ago I switched to wearing my 007 and it was a big lump of a thing in comparison but I love it. Then wearing the Explorer once in a while almost makes it feel insubstantial and question if I should get the 39mm Explorer.

But then the feeling of it being insubstantial becomes a positive as it wears so light that you almost forget you are wearing a watch. I cannot say that about the 007. But two great watches in my opinion.