closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We buy any car, any dealings?

Wonder if they failed to realise the VAT eliment
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    What do you use to get a value guide these days so you can compare what they offer? I was told Glasses is virtually out of the door now the internet has taken over.'

I use a mix of sold prices on ebay, honest John website and parkers. It’s also worth seeing what dealers have them up for in their forcourts.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    What do you use to get a value guide these days so you can compare what they offer? I was told Glasses is virtually out of the door now the internet has taken over.'

Who told you that?

Scour the Autotrader to see what's in the market, average them and ask yourself do you want to pitch high or low end of the scale. Keep it realistic with regards to condition etc.
    You won't be far away.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Who told you that?
    My local friendly garage told me they don't use it any more!

My local friendly garage told me they don't use it any more!

Ok. Well the Trade all use CAP and Glasses Guides still....

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    Ive dealt with them ..twice.

As long as you give accurate details about the car (mention ALL!! marks etc scuffed alloys etc) they are fine, and should give you the price they quoted.
    This.

They make their money by picking up things when you drop the car off, but the price doesn't drop online if you declare all issues. I've been told i was too harsh before :D

Craftsman
    So glad I saw this thread. Webuyanycar's online quote for my VW Passat 2008 was £1,890. Went to their shed on Saturday, they checked it over and found four tiny dents and a scratched wheel. Final offer was ...... £911!!!

Evans Halshaw online quote was £2,009. Went this afternoon, they found the same defects and offered ...... £1,809.

Happy camper here, thanks for the invaluable on these forums.

Master
    I sold my car via WBAC last year and was really happy with the experience to be honest.

It was a Fiesta ST which had been broken into a few months earlier. I got it all fixed again and decided I didn’t want that sort of hassle so decided to offload it.

Given the nature of the car, didn’t want the hassle of time wasters turning up so booked an appointment based on a fair estimated value done online beforehand.

The did haggle me down of course but we met in the middle at a price I was happy with and the guy was perfectly likeable and friendly.

I could have probably got a bit more money elsewhere but for 10 minutes chat, we shook hands and they settled my finance agreement. Was perfectly happy and would use them again if I had a car worth their time again.

Craftsman
    We have used both WBAC and Evans Halshaw without problems, easier than trying to sell privately these days.

Sold Wifeys Hyundai via WBAC recently after being quoted £2500 as a part ex.

Quick internet search suggested that a private sale should register between £3700 - £3900 so she did the WBAC website thing, was very honest about the condition of the car etc and got a quote of £3400. We didn't do anything about it immediately and a week later she had a new offer of £3900 via email - did nothing to prompt it. We booked the appointment off the back of that email and after inspection they offered £3600 which we were happy to take for the ease of which the process was done. The money was in her account within an hour.

All in all a smooth process and we'd definitely go through them again.

Sold my 14 Plate Audi RS4 with them

It was a flawless transaction .

They originally offered me £2k more than my Audi dealership offered me ..........in fact , it was my Audi dealership who told me this and suggested I used them. They also warned me that they'd knock my price down but said anything above the trade-in value would be a bonus.

They tried to knock around £800 off their £35,000 valuation . This was down to Tyre Depth remaining and Stone Chips.

We haggled a bit , but I just said I would be happy with £500 being knocked off , and for him to attribute that £500 to whatever defect he wanted to with the car.

Done deal, £1500 more than the dealer trade in.

They paid off the outstanding Finance there and then and transferred the remaining balance into my bank account.

Audi dealer came and picked me up at WBAC and I collect my new car half hour later....

With the right quote , I'd definitely use them again.

Very interesting re the above as I think that is the highlest value transaction I have heard someone use WBAC for, at an anecdotal level anyway.

Are the hit or miss experiences down to the variance in the story teller's honesty on the car's actual condition or does it depend on happening to get an ambitious WBAC negotiator, who is presumably incentivised based on knocking down the quoted price whilst still getting a deal done?

Master
    WBAC quoted me just £11,250 online for an immaculate 24k mileage Z4M on an 07 plate....resembles nothing like market value. If I could buy another that low from them at that price, I would!! Actually I’d buy a few, given there were only small numbers available.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    WBAC quoted me just £11,250 online for an immaculate 24k mileage Z4M on an 07 plate....resembles nothing like market value. If I could buy another that low from them at that price, I would!! Actually I’d buy a few, given there were only small numbers available.
    ]
    Without me digging, what's the market value region for something like that ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Without me digging, what's the market value region for something like that ?
    About half as much as a breadvan M Coupe?