closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Road tax and diesel cars

Road tax and diesel cars

I’ve heard a few different stories about the new road tax prices.

I’m looking to get the Mrs an estate and the Hyundai i40 seems to be her choice. I’ll be getting a one or two year old car with low mileage and they all seem to be diesel.
    The road tax is currently only £30 for these I think (in 1.7l, 139HP spec). My question is with current plans, is this increasing or is it fixed for now? I know the new car purchases have totally changed but can’t find a definitive answer to the older diesel question.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know, the new tax brackets only apply to new cars registered after a certain date, they don't get adjusted retrospectively, if its £30 now, it will always be £30.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Government tend to only make incremental price increases for existing cars, and major / more sweeping changes for new registrations.

So whilst I can see diesel cars feeling some pain down the line, I just can't see existing / already registered cars taking a hammering. There would just be too much outcry.

As far as I'm aware it's not fixed, it could change annually but unlikely by significant sums.

Some local councils are planning to introduces charges for entering city centres in Diesels cars but again I'm not sure if any have stuck their flag to the masts about how much, how, or when it could be enforceable.

According to What Car, the changes only apply to new registrations.https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buyin...-need-to-know/
    Cheers..
    Jase

Cheers chaps. There’s mention of pre-April, 2017 cars staying as is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices seem to creep up by about £5/year, but as said above, the main changes are for newly registered cars.