closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Winder

Master

Watch Winder

I am looking for a recommendation for a suitable watch winder to keep my wife’s new Rolex wound ready to use.

Having just spent all my savings on her watch we don’t have lots left, but we would obviously like the best quality and quietest at 5h3 best price....

Appreciate your recommendations....thank you in advance

Wolf do a good one I believe. Get a decent rep'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wolf winders are great but I suspect not in your price bracket. There is a massive price range on winders, I take it you just want a single?

Any idea on budget would be helpful along with where you will place it as some winders can be quite intrusive if used in your bedroom.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arcam; 14th January 2018 at 11:00.

The ones given away by Jura usually get sold on SC for about £55, and are the type that wind the watch without excessive enthusiasm. Can't remember the brand name - oh, yes I can: Barrington

Master
    Budget - ideally under £100 and only need for one Watch

Thank you

Michael

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The ones given away by Jura usually get sold on SC for about £55, and are the type that wind the watch without excessive enthusiasm. Can't remember the brand name - oh, yes I can: Barrington
    I've just looked up the regular price for a Barrington - about £130, so the price the Jura freebies get offloaded for on SC is good.

Blog Entries
    This seller has a few choices on fleabay, no connection just had a quick look!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_o...inder&_sacat=0

I have one of the Jura ones if you're interested PM me

Grand Master
    I have one of the Jura models, a generous gift from a forum member who I’d helped. It seems well made and can be adjusted.

My disapproval of using watch winders has been well- documented so I won’t go over the same ground again. I use this for testing purposes so I’ve no wish to part with it, but if I didn’t use it for testing it wouls never get used.

Paul

Craftsman
    Is the wear and tear associated with putting a watch on the watch winder 24/7 greater than the wear and tear associated with having to calibrate a watch, if this calibration is done weekly (i.e. wear it one day a week and having to recalibrate it at the beginning of each week when worn for the day)?

Quote Originally Posted by Allwatches View Post
    Is the wear and tear associated with putting a watch on the watch winder 24/7 greater than the wear and tear associated with having to calibrate a watch, if this calibration is done weekly (i.e. wear it one day a week and having to recalibrate it at the beginning of each week when worn for the day)?
    My take would be hopefully not - and it wouldn't bother me massively to put one of my watches on one. That said, if you are wearing another watch then you are effectively ushering both watches towards their next service rather than just one.

I can see that for a perpetual calendar or similar it makes sense as hard to set, or for a weekly wearer that stops over the weekend when not worn can make some sense but I understand why people generally are not in favour of them.

Master
    A watch on a winder, or the same watch worn daily the wear and tear is near identical. After all they are machines designed to run 24/7, an instrument that displays time, if they weren't they'd be a little pointless, no?

I cant really offer any advise, but I am interested in buying myself, there is such a fluctuation in price I am unsure. I am considering making one myself, it is just finding the time...

Been keeping my eye on this one for a while, seems ok but you never know https://www.amazon.co.uk/DENO-Automa...inder+japanese

2 watches (room to expand), but supposedly with a "quiet motor" and has ok reviews so far.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I have one of the Jura ones if you're interested PM me

The price seems to be drifting up: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...r-(piano-back)

Hang on, I took "unused" to mean "unused because it came from Jura". As a matter of interest, do the Jura ones have any Jura branding on them, or are they just like the regular ones?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The price seems to be drifting up: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...r-(piano-back)

Hang on, I took "unused" to mean "unused because it came from Jura". As a matter of interest, do the Jura ones have any Jura branding on them, or are they just like the regular ones?
    I have no idea. Mine was not a Jura one, but direct from Barrington!