closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko scratch recovery?

Hybrid View

Master

Seiko scratch recovery?

I have one or two scratches on the crystal of my 7T27-7A20. Is that something which can be recovered (e.g. Polywatch), or would it be a case of a new crystal? Wondering if this one is polishable or not?

They're quite minor and down at one edge so could easily live with, but....I do like my watches looking pristine! :-)

Most crystals can be polished - glass and sapphire can be polished with diamond paste.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Thanks. From what I read it seems like the crystal is 'Hardlex', would that be right? It sounds like polishing out might take quite a while to achieve!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Thanks. From what I read it seems like the crystal is 'Hardlex', would that be right? It sounds like polishing out might take quite a while to achieve!
    It will be pretty difficult- maybe get a replacement crystal

More like nigh on impossible and a complete waste of effort, for the cost of a replacement crystal.

The original Seiko crystal p/n is obsolete and NLA, but there's the Sternkreuz substitute, p/n XMF320.927 - available from Cousins UK for £4.15 + VAT.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/search?SearchTerm=xmf320.927
    Last edited by Seiko7A38; 14th January 2018 at 13:59. Reason: Checking part # cross reference

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko7A38 View Post
    More like nigh on impossible and a complete waste of effort, for the cost of a replacement crystal.

The original Seiko crystal p/n is obsolete and NLA, but there's the Sternkreuz substitute, p/n XMF320.927 - available from Cousins UK for £4.15 + VAT.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/search?SearchTerm=xmf320.927
    Thank you sir, exactly what I was after, much appreciated. Is that an easy fix(*) or is there anyone recommendable who is good with these Seiko models?

(*) Absolutely klutz-proof! :-)

Craftsman

Seiko scratch recovery?

.. If it is hardlex, it can be done - but don't be in a hurry .. Set of diamond polishing paste tubes and go at it for an hour a go for a couple of weeks.. I'd a KS crystal that had /no/ availability on replacement crystal with some nasty gouges I got back to as per the below ..

al