Having searched various forums I sent my beloved Zenith off to have a repair (the hour hand had come loose after a fall) using a repairer that plenty of people had said offer a great service. A day after I got it back I noticed that the rotor wasn't turning and to my horror found two screws jamming it.

I contacted the repairer who has so far denied that loose screws floating around the mechanism would be his responsibility since I didn't have a full service. He has agreed to 'have a look at it' if I send it back at my own expense.

Can anyone advise whether there's any reasonable explanation for it coming back in this state or do I reject any excuses about it not being his responsibility? I assume the mechanism had to come out of the case and that the screws are something to do with that. Can anyone identify the likely home for the screws?

I've avoided naming the repairer in case it's genuinely not their fault (although I can't see how that could be) but will take great pleasure in warning everyone about my experience if the situations isn't resolved fully and fairly.

[IMG]

Watch-repair-2 by Dave Alexander, on Flickr[/IMG]