closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aftermarket 2254/2264 Seamaster Bezel Insert - that actually looks real?

Craftsman

Aftermarket 2254/2264 Seamaster Bezel Insert - that actually looks real?

I think I may be on a bit of a unicorn hunt. I'm after a 2254.50 replacement bezel insert. I've given up on finding a real one, and been scouring ebay for something that looks 'pukka', However, I'm yet to spot one that actually -even in an ebay photo- convinces me. Even the 'indistinguishable' ones have lume pips that are either misplaced or mishaped. Does anyone have a pointer to a source for 'perfect' aftermarket Seamaster bezels?

Thanks!

(or, as a PS, if anyone has a real 2254 /2264 bezel insert for sale, do please drop me a line! :) )

Craftsman
    The true Omega experts will be along in a minute. In the mean time;i have three differant Omega Seamaster SMPs(used to have four) in my opinion and experience you are wasting your time,only the real deal will do and i know very well how pricey that is because you have to buy the whole bezel

Master
    Not sure I qualify under the above description but I have owned a good few SMPs and can honestly say that you are on a wild goose chase, all the aftermarket ones look or fit crap. How bad is the one you have? Reasonable condition second hand genuine full bezels fetch £75-125 on the bay that may be an option but if you must have mint you are looking at the thick end of £250 fitted at the likes of STS or OSC. If it really annoys you, bite the bullet and get it done that way. Independents used to be able to do this for you but can't get the bits any more so you have no choice really other than the authorised guys.
    Last edited by Padders; 12th January 2018 at 18:39.

Craftsman
    Thanks, both. I actually have a 2231.50, but I fancy trying it with a black bezel insert.

Master
    Titanium black dial? Nice.

Do be aware that the insert is comparatively soft aluminium and the bezel stainless steel, so unless you know what you are doing it is possible to trash an insert when fitting or removing it. For this reason I wouldn't recommend you try to separate the insert. Even swapping out the full bezel can go wrong unless you are careful and is really a Pro job. Actually that applies to the 2254 but I guess on yours both bezel and insert may be titanium so rather tougher. And much more expensive!
    Last edited by Padders; 12th January 2018 at 18:54.

Craftsman
    Thanks! :)