closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies Rolex - best source

Ladies Rolex - best source

My wife is looking to consolidate her watches and replace them with one (plus a few 'fashion watches').

She is looking at a 28mm Datejust, seems the chances of finding what she wants used are pretty slim so
    probably have to look at new or unworn, wondering if anyone has any experience of best ADs or dealers and
    what kind of discount might be available on Ladies Rolex, I have looked at Iconic but their price didnt seem
    that great (about 7% off list)

Journeyman
    check out Oakleigh watches they have some lady rolex pieces from time to time

Master
    Wife looked at datejust last year and was offered 5% off at most dealers.

Went to Chester to Haywoods shop and he had some in at a good price(unworn with good savings)

She didn't buy and the price rise came and now kicking herself.

Craftsman
    Was looking at the weekend discount offered was 5% and 7%.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    My wife is looking to consolidate her watches and replace them with one (plus a few 'fashion watches').

She is looking at a 28mm Datejust, seems the chances of finding what she wants used are pretty slim so
    probably have to look at new or unworn, wondering if anyone has any experience of best ADs or dealers and
    what kind of discount might be available on Ladies Rolex, I have looked at Iconic but their price didnt seem
    that great (about 7% off list)
    It's always worth checking around the jewellers especially some of the non Rolex AD ones. We found a gold Datejust 28 for the missus at a fraction of the price for new and they even sent it in to Rolex for a service FOC so has Rolex guarantee. Sold her bi-metal to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    It's always worth checking around the jewellers especially some of the non Rolex AD ones. We found a gold Datejust 28 for the missus at a fraction of the price for new and they even sent it in to Rolex for a service FOC so has Rolex guarantee. Sold her bi-metal to fund it.
    Thanks everyone, above is exactly what she is aiming to do, problem is she knows exactly which one she wants, has to be Jubilee bracelet and seems majority are President, only leeway is will consider a Silver or Champagne dial

I bought one for my wife from Mike Wood (The Old Watch Shop).

It was not brand new, but it was as good as new and the service I received was excellent.

Master
    Blog Entries
    LHR have a good selection, so VAT free(ish) if you fly out of the EU.

Master
    I have suggested this on a different thread on the forum in the past too...

If you/your wife are not 100% attached to a particular DJ variant, I recommend taking a cheap flight to Amsterdam and buying from Gassan Schiphol airport. They normally have a decent selection of ladies' watches. Their prices are very good due to the VAT equivalent discount you get without asking. 21% VAT so about 18% discount off regular Dutch RRP but bear in mind Dutch prices are higher than UK RRP. It is possible to negotiate further discount except on the desirable models.

I was able to find one of the two variants of 31mm TT Lady Datejust my wife had narrowed down to, negotiated a further discount of roughly 5% IIRC and overall it worked out at about 17-18% below UK RRP. Not bad for a brand new watch from AD with full 5 year warranty. Even if I hadn't got the additional discount, it would still have been a good deal as UK ADs were unwilling to give us ANY discount.

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    If you/your wife are not 100% attached to a particular DJ variant
    Afraid she is so probably not worth the gamble

Master
    Afraid she is so probably not worth the gamble
    I understand. Even in my case I asked repeatedly if there was a preference between the two and on every occasion before I bought it, my wife kept telling me they were equal to her. Since giving her the watch, somehow the other one looks only slightly better

Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    I understand. Even in my case I asked repeatedly if there was a preference between the two and on every occasion before I bought it, my wife kept telling me they were equal to her. Since giving her the watch, somehow the other one looks only slightly better
    Yeah we have all been there, she has said that doesnt mind the Silver or Champagne dial but have a sneaking suspicion she would really prefer the Champagne.

Master
    My wife has 2 Rolex one from Mike wood the old watch shop and the other from Miltons (not sure if heywoods shop or one of his family) in both cases the service I received was superb and I have and would return to either in the future. Ironically she now wears an Apple Watch 98% of the time lol

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    My wife has 2 Rolex one from Mike wood the old watch shop and the other from Miltons (not sure if heywoods shop or one of his family) in both cases the service I received was superb and I have and would return to either in the future. Ironically she now wears an Apple Watch 98% of the time lol
    Thanks, I've looked at both but neither have the one she wants

Craftsman
    Whereabouts are you in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Whereabouts are you in the country?
    London/Essex

Blog Entries
    Yeah we have all been there, she has said that doesnt mind the Silver or Champagne dial but have a sneaking suspicion she would really prefer the Champagne.
    For readability I'd recommend the silver dial. Although my DJ has the champagne dial so can't talk really!
    Retail on the yellow gold dj 28 is £17,250 but they can be had for a lot lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    For readability I'd recommend the silver dial. Although my DJ has the champagne dial so can't talk really!
    Retail on the yellow gold dj 28 is £17,250 but they can be had for a lot lot less.
    Thanks, had another look last night and she has come to same conclusion so Silver dial it will be. Looking like best sofar is 14% discount (not an AD)