closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The NEW Oris Carl brashear - and its a chrono!

The NEW Oris Carl brashear - and its a chrono!

Saw this today and pretty smitten with its looks - luckily I've just spent all my coin on another watch or I might have been tempted. What you guys think? I know it's chrono on a diver but I think it's an improvement in this case just aesthetically, although not sure I'd go in the water.....

Interestingly and disappointingly the original Carl brashear watch was only rated 100 WR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I like that a lot, the pictures on Hodinkee really show what it'll look like after a few months wear. In the stock photo it looks gold.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/or...on-introducing

Master
    Naff in my opinion.

Master
    Quite like it but at £3600 it seems expensive.

Saw the non Chrono version yesterday in a Thai AD. Was around £1400 or so after 20% discount. Had a blue dial and bronze case

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I know it's chrono on a diver but I think it's an improvement in this case just aesthetically, although not sure I'd go in the water.....
    Why? Do you think the WR rating (whatever it is - I can't make it out) is a fib???

As for the watch, it looks quite nice but far too ordinary for such a silly price.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I can't see the point of chronos on divers.
    Imo it's oil and water.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Chrono diver apart, I like th idea but not fond of the blue/brown look when it ages.

Master
    I like it, but have three bronze watches now so have scratched that particular itch.

When that makes its way into being a steel, non-LE version, it Will be lovely. And hopefully cheaper.
    Dave

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I can't see the point of chronos on divers.
    Imo it's oil and water.

Tag Heuer Aquagraph. It is a chrono diver that works a treat. I use it for deco stop timing as a computer back up. They do have a place, you just have to get the right one.

Disappointed with this Oris though. I think it is a lovely watch, admittedly the chrono function would be of no use to me but i was surprised to see the 10 bar resistance i would have thought a watch with this mans name on it would at least be rated for 30 to sit with other divers.
    Mind you 10 bar is plenty for sport diving and i suspect would be fine. It really is more a tribute to the man than a diver though as the bezel is not what i would look for to dive with, it will only get worse for legibility with age.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Why? Do you think the WR rating (whatever it is - I can't make it out) is a fib???

As for the watch, it looks quite nice but far too ordinary for such a silly price.
    No not a fib, but i prefer screw down chrono pushers if going in the water. Also in today's market for a watch which is a tribute to a professional diver 100m is just disappointing and for there to be no rubber or bracelet option either suggests it's not really a diver anyway - just a collectors curiosity. I like leather straps on divers but not when I'm going in the water 🤣

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    No not a fib, but i prefer screw down chrono pushers if going in the water. Also in today's market for a watch which is a tribute to a professional diver 100m is just disappointing and for there to be no rubber or bracelet option either suggests it's not really a diver anyway - just a collectors curiosity. I like leather straps on divers but not when I'm going in the water 藍

Tend to agree.
    For some reason,I cannot really like bronze watches but,as we know,each to their own.

Journeyman
    Not a fan of that, the dials way too fussy imo.

I try to like Oris watches but they always leave me feeling a little 'flat' - my favourite somewhat has to be the depth gauge, at least it has an original take on a pressure monitoring device.

Quote Originally Posted by gex23 View Post
    Not a fan of that, the dials way too fussy imo.
    I can appreciate you may not like it, that is fine. But fussy dial? Surely not. Round indices, no Tachy or Tele scales. It is as unfussy as a chrono can possibly be.
    Dave