closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ressence e-Crown

Ressence e-Crown

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

They’ve kept the look too. Very interesting.
    It's just a matter of time...

In watches, I don't like hybrid/combos of automatics with batteries somewhere in there; it defeats the point, to me.

Maybe clever, but it seems like something that might have been created in the 80s!

I do really like the look of their wares though; a definite Ressence visual.

I like that, very interesting read .
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    It is smart looking and a great idea, i still like mechanicals though and when i invariably smack one on a doorframe or other such dull action i don't fear looking down and seeing it broken. I have a fitbit surge that i did just that to and cracked the screen on, not a big deal as it still works but i have never done that to a watch.
    I appreciate this watch will have proper glass but will the innards take a knock? As i type this is suspect they will and realise i just don't like these little digital marvels!

Still trying to unpack this, but I'm incredibly impressed - again - with Ressence. A truly staggering piece of engineering that's still further enhanced. Will be interesting to see if this tech transfers to other watches - there's no reason why this auto-time-setting shouldn't be incorporated into more mechanical watches. Reminds me of some of the early attempts to synchronise time, where a signal (e.g. from an electrical circuit or hydraulic pipe) would be sent to a clock to ensure that, at least once a day, the hands were correct.

Master
    Was reading about this yesterday. Fascinating idea of blending the two, and technology looks very good (quick time correction, world-time adjust). But in the end it's not a mechanical watch, and it's not (constantly) as accurate as quartz. Will for sure appeal on the basis of the engineering and technology. Very niche market, but looks a well executed combination of 'complications'

Craftsman
    Boring, not only does it not regulate the watch, or wind it, it doesn't do it mechanically.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/br...hebys-new-york

Master
    I remembr getting really excited for a good 5 minutes the first time I saw the Type 3B until I googled the price..

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I remembr getting really excited for a good 5 minutes the first time I saw the Type 3B until I googled the price..
    Aye not cheap are they.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    So what's the difference between this and solar powered watches from Casio, Seiko etc that already set the time via GPS? I'm struggling to understand what is new about it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    This.

Oooh, that looks quite am interesting desig...WHAT??!

I really like that , very classy that. I can see Rick Deckard wearing that..

It's an interesting development, like springdrive with added app integration. I think innovations like this are needed to bring in the new generations of watch lovers, but for me the appeal is all about an independent device on the wrist.

Master
    The battle to endure the continued popularity of mechanical watches will not be won through technology. Mechanical watches are, by definition, a complete anacronism. Which is part of the attraction.