timefactors watches
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: SD43 Strap Advice pls

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Posts
    332

    SD43 Strap Advice pls

    Hi Guys

    I'm looking for a black sailcloth type strap with red stitching for my SD43. The issue I have is the gap between watch and the strap, I don't like the look. Has anyone any experience of fitting end links to sort of fill this gap and make it look a better job. Something like these
    http://www.smartyendlinks.com/index....roller=product
    Are they available anywhere over here does anyone know, how easy (or hard) are they to fit? Any info or advice most appreciated, also if anyone can suggest an alternative to a sailcloth (must be waterproof though), lets have it,

    cheers

    Stuart

  2. #2
    Here's my SD4000 on a Hirsch performance strap a "Robby" I think may show a gap that you don't like but very comfy and high quality
    Just for comparison


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  3. #3
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    west midlands
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Hi Guys

    I'm looking for a black sailcloth type strap with red stitching for my SD43. The issue I have is the gap between watch and the strap, I don't like the look. Has anyone any experience of fitting end links to sort of fill this gap and make it look a better job. Something like these
    http://www.smartyendlinks.com/index....roller=product
    Are they available anywhere over here does anyone know, how easy (or hard) are they to fit? Any info or advice most appreciated, also if anyone can suggest an alternative to a sailcloth (must be waterproof though), lets have it,

    cheers

    Stuart
    I've just received a pair for my GMTII from the above.
    They're easily ordered - delivery from Singapore is about 5 days.

    I think they fill the gap between the case and strap nicely and are dead easy to fit.
    The problem is that you can't fit too thick a strap with them. The strap has to seat within the link adequately enough so that you can get the spring bar in.
    I've just sold a spare pair on SC and the advice I gave to the buyer is that it's probably best to fit a thin strap (not more than approx 3-4mm).
    Having said that, it depends on the material of the strap - a sailcloth strap may squeeze into the link easier than a hard leather strap.

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Posts
    332
    Thanks for the info guys.

    TBH I have just fitted a Rubber B onto my DeepSea Blue and it looks the dogs IMO. Really draws attention to the watch head, and the 'flared' sides blend well with the large case size of the DeepSea.

    I am now thinking of a Rubber B for my SD43 as the quality is outstanding and the fit superb. Currently they don't do one, but I'm on the mail list now for when they release it. I think I'll wait and see what it looks like before deciding. However, if anyone else has an alternative fitted to their SD43 lets see it pls, I'm sure we'd all love to see what can be done to this superb watch.

    Stuart

  5. #5
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

    TBH I have just fitted a Rubber B onto my DeepSea Blue and it looks the dogs IMO. Really draws attention to the watch head, and the 'flared' sides blend well with the large case size of the DeepSea.
    Hi Cinnabull. Can I ask which Rubber B you went for? Glidelock, Tang Buckle or Velcro. I'm considering one for the D-Blue myself so glad to hear you're impressed with it.

    Cheers.

  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcg View Post
    Hi Cinnabull. Can I ask which Rubber B you went for? Glidelock, Tang Buckle or Velcro. I'm considering one for the D-Blue myself so glad to hear you're impressed with it.

    Cheers.
    I bought the buckle version from this very site a few days back. I specifically wanted this as my D-Blue is brand new and I wanted to keep the bracelet unused. The way I looked at it, most desk diving marks are on the underneath, ie where the buckle is, so I didn't want a deployant fitting as that's where I thought I'd scratch it. I didn't actually know they did a Velcro version, but personally I wouldn't trust this watch with a Velcro fastening. I know I'll never go diving deep, but imagine if the Velcro came undone and the watch sunk deeper than the eye can see, or I can dive. OH NO!!

    Theres a deployant one on evilbay at the mo... very good money but a few days left.

    I'll try and get a couple of pics up later if your interested...

    Stuart

  7. #7
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    I bought the buckle version from this very site a few days back. I specifically wanted this as my D-Blue is brand new and I wanted to keep the bracelet unused. The way I looked at it, most desk diving marks are on the underneath, ie where the buckle is, so I didn't want a deployant fitting as that's where I thought I'd scratch it. I didn't actually know they did a Velcro version, but personally I wouldn't trust this watch with a Velcro fastening. I know I'll never go diving deep, but imagine if the Velcro came undone and the watch sunk deeper than the eye can see, or I can dive. OH NO!!

    Theres a deployant one on evilbay at the mo... very good money but a few days left.

    I'll try and get a couple of pics up later if your interested...

    Stuart
    Thanks Stuart. I was tempted by the deployment as the glidelock is fantastic but I agree re desk diving, and they only make it in black. I like the look of blue, or black with blue stripe. Having said that, I'll check out the fleabay one you mentioned, and pics would be great!

    Cheers,
    George

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Posts
    332
    Here you go George, just a couple of quick IPhone snaps





    I tried a blue Everest one on, the sound of it is appealing, however it didn't do it for me at all. Deffo the black strap IMO. Also the Rubber B one has the sort of flared ends as opposed to the Everest one. I think this gives better support for what is a pretty hefty watch !!



    Stuart
    Last edited by cinnabull; 11th January 2018 at 19:45.

  9. #9
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    98
    Thanks for the pics Stuart, looking good! I was undecided between Rubber B and Everest but those flared sides have made my mind up. I'll keep an eye on the ebay listing and take a punt on that if it doesn't go to a silly price. Otherwise, I'm in London in a few weeks so will treat myself.

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Posts
    332
    Just added a pic of the Everest blue George

    Stuart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •