closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartier service prices

Cartier service prices

Does anyone know the price of a service from Cartier on a ladies manual wind tank in 18k?

Quite a few years back I had a gents Tank bought new at Cartier in Bond Street.

It came with a lifetime guarantee - so worth checking your guarantee if you have it.

______

​Jim.

According to the Cartier website Complete Service from 340 GBP and a Battery Service from 41 GBP.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Norman View Post
    Quite a few years back I had a gents Tank bought new at Cartier in Bond Street.

It came with a lifetime guarantee - so worth checking your guarantee if you have it.
    Wasn't that a conditional guarantee, valid if you left it for maintenance every 2 years etc...? It was a horrible and short lived idea of theirs... 😂

Thanks guys

Blog Entries
    Careful. My wife had hers in for a battery change, but they wouldn’t hand it back without a full service including polishing the (solid gold) case and bracelet. Cost £300+ from memory.

Last time the battery ran out I changed it myself for the price of a £3 battery. You can buy plastic needle nosed pliers for couple quid. She does not ever wear it near water so wrt is a non issue. I did check the gasket for any wear but none there. It’s good for another 3-4 years.

Oh sorry OP. I see yours is a manual wind - you may want to try an independent if cost is an issue.

Martyn.

Not sure of current price but service in my experience was exceptional. I took my dad's tank in, when he got it back he wasn't happy as it was noisier then before. Went back twice, he still wasn't happy. They then swapped the whole movement for a brand new one and said that if he still wasn't happy he could come in and they would show him several movements to ensure he was completely happy...personally I think he was being overly fussy but they went above and beyond...this was the service dept in the Bond Street store.

Craftsman
    Had mine done at an independant in Burlington Arcade a few years ago - £280

The reason I mentioned Cartier is because the dial has some damage so needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Wasn't that a conditional guarantee, valid if you left it for maintenance every 2 years etc...? It was a horrible and short lived idea of theirs... 
    My one was an unconditional guarantee. Although my watch was nearly 20 years old when it stopped and I took it back to Cartier Bond Street.

They tried to wriggle out of it but repaired it FOC in the end.

My Wife's Tank Francaise is away at the mo.

Let you know when I get the bill!

I took my Calibre in for a service to the Old Bond Street boutique recently and managed to negotiate a discount on the outrageous £500+ they were quoting for a full service. Push them a little, they should budge on price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Careful. My wife had hers in for a battery change, but they wouldn’t hand it back without a full service including polishing the (solid gold) case and bracelet. Cost £300+ from memory.

Last time the battery ran out I changed it myself for the price of a £3 battery. You can buy plastic needle nosed pliers for couple quid. She does not ever wear it near water so wrt is a non issue. I did check the gasket for any wear but none there. It’s good for another 3-4 years.

Oh sorry OP. I see yours is a manual wind - you may want to try an independent if cost is an issue.

Martyn.
    I bought my wife a ‘pre-owned’ mint Cartier Tank Solo from Steve ‘of this parish’ about this time last year. When it needs a new battery I will fit it myself, it is not rocket science as Martyn has indicated!

Craftsman
    Depends on the movement, but be careful as most of the Cartier quartz movements have battery contacts that can be crushed down if the battery is incorrectly located. This can be fixed by bending them back, but more often than not they snap and would need replacing. Sometimes it means a whole new circuit.

I can't speak for Cartier UK, but I bought a tatty Santos Automatic at an auction (a real one, not online) a few years back and took it to Cartier Paris who serviced it, polished the case and replaced the dial, hands, crown and cabochon - in fact I got back a virually brand new watch. The final bill was less than 500 euros (it was a while ago), less than the estimate and was ready quicker than they said. It came back with a complete set of papers which was useful when I wanted to sell it a few years later.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    The reason I mentioned Cartier is because the dial has some damage so needs to be replaced.
    The place in Burlington Arcade got a dial for ours too - in fact it was my Dad's old watch that had stopped working years before. I had it repaired for him a s a surprise. They did a great job.. Duggan's I think