closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quality dog toys

Master

Quality dog toys

Do they exist? My mutt seems to go though toys in a few days. She had some new ones for Christmas and some didn’t even last the day, so I’m after some recommendations please.

Master
    cant beat a Kong. although our GS goes through lesser toys every few days too..she likes to kill the squeaky ones! she does also have a soft toy large rabbit that she uses as a pillow and hasnt killed that in 3yrs..funny things dogs!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Our dog seems to have a limited attention span with toys. Seems to prefer the edible ones which never last 5 minutes. Will fetch a ball maybe twice then gets bored as it's not like really retrieving!

Will occasionally carry a rope ball about which was a Christmas pressie from Angus his playmate next door but one. Or his plastic 'Christmas pud' which was a gift from his sister who lives down the road!

But normally it's all a bit too much to bother with.

Our previous spaniel would amuse himself with the strangest things!

Craftsman
    I have a big lump of a labradoodle who will destroy a normal toy in seconds, the Kong stuff mentioned above is good advice, these keep him entertained for ages.

Don't get me wrong, he has torn the odd Kong toy to bits but it does take him a long time to do this, they are very well made.

Quote Originally Posted by emgee View Post
    cant beat a Kong. although our GS goes through lesser toys every few days too..she likes to kill the squeaky ones! she does also have a soft toy large rabbit that she uses as a pillow and hasnt killed that in 3yrs..funny things dogs!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Kong or Tuffy - still not Staffy proof if they are soft toys but the only ones that last more than 5 minutes.

Kong .
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

ZeeDog ultra tough

Craftsman
    I don't know the names but my Boxer has met his match with the unstuffed ones.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    One of ours can chew there just about anything too. A Kong slows him down to a matter of weeks rather than hours like most toys!

A little bit of banana inside, or cream cheese, yogurt, etc, keeps him quiet for ages. Or frozen full of goat's milk in the summer and he has it in the garden. That really does keep him amused!

Master
    Blog Entries
    A bit of lateral thinking perhaps... my Staffie cross will destroy and of the tough toys in days, but give her a soft toy, designed for puppies and they last months. She just enjoys chomping on them gently rather than trying to undo them at the seams.

Master

Quality dog toys

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    A bit of lateral thinking perhaps... my Staffie cross will destroy and of the tough toys in days, but give her a soft toy, designed for puppies and they last months. She just enjoys chomping on them gently rather than trying to undo them at the seams.
    I hear what you are saying with this. The only two toys that she has remaining are two soft fluffy squeaky toys.
    All her ropes, solid rubber, and balls get destroyed very quickly+

The original Kongs.

If they can stand Bull Terrier teeth they can withstand anything!

I bought some other Kong bits for Dot like the balls and ropes but they last seconds.

These take the punishment.

Cheers,
    Neil.