closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X3 or Q5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    for me the GLC is more stylish than an x3 or Q5 and to get an f pace that looks as good you have to spend a lot, you get more standard kit on the GLC and my amg styled one in dark navy and blacked trim looks better than almost any X3 or Q5 i have seen.

the only thing to note is that the F pace has a bigger boot and is a more imposing car in the flesh, the GLC masks its size
    Thanks - fully agree re: looks, I think it looks lovely. Boot isn't too much of an issue

Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    Before you part with your hard earned for a GLC, google GLC skipping issue. I nearly bought one in the Summer, but after reading about the issues with skipping and the right hand drive conversion, decided to pass. Not sure if they have now sorted it, but it wasn't in August
    Thanks - I'll have a look. It will be November before I get a car (end of company lease) but will be deciding in May whether to move from company to private again.

[QUOTE=senwar;4618478]Thanks - fully agree re: looks, I think it looks lovely. Boot isn't too much of an issue

Mercedes GLC AMG. That's the one.

Do they do a CDI 320. With AMG Styling.

Journeyman
    Ok , I’m biased so don’t take my word for it😉!

http://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/macan-g...-year-best-suv

I test drove an XC60 D4 R-design pro and a Q5 Sline 2.0 yesterday.

Had about 30 mins in the Volvo and had the Q5 for 3 hours. The Volvo was a lovely drive even in the sportier model. Very comfortable and feels a lot bigger than it actually is. The 360 parking aid is brilliant. Took the Audi later and within 5 mins I preferred the Volvo (even though I love Audi's). Saying that after 3hrs I didn't want to give the Q5 back.

Going to choose between the two this week hopefully although is dependent on a personal circumstance change. I can't pick between the 2 as it stands..... Hoping to get the XC60 on an extended drive before deciding. Saying that, there's a few pre-reg Momentum's on carwow with over £12k off.

Managed to go back to Volvo and put side by side yesterday. I preferred the Volvo but looking back at pics, I now prefer the Audi! However, these are not the colours I'd choose - either Osmium Grey or Denim Blue in the XC60 and probably Daytona Grey in the Audi.

Master
    I agree on the GLC 'skipping/crabbing' issue. My dad has a 250 amg line and I find it absolutely awful in cold weather whilst parking/nearing full lock. The front wheels literally bounce and vibrate. My dad thinks it's okay but it is a serious issue for me when I drive it - I think higher profile tyres will sort it. I have a Discovery Sport HSE black, very happy with it but it is a high spec car. Have had a few Land Rovers now and not had an issue with reliability. Very practical too.

Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM View Post
    I agree on the GLC 'skipping/crabbing' issue. My dad has a 250 amg line and I find it absolutely awful in cold weather whilst parking/nearing full lock. The front wheels literally bounce and vibrate. My dad thinks it's okay but it is a serious issue for me when I drive it - I think higher profile tyres will sort it. I have a Discovery Sport HSE black, very happy with it but it is a high spec car. Have had a few Land Rovers now and not had an issue with reliability. Very practical too.
    I have/had the same on a number of cars with wide low profile tyres, none Mercs, when reversing on full lock in very cold weather. Particularly on my drive which is block paving . Not an issue as am probably doing
    about 3 MPH, just sounds rather odd.

Master
    Hi Ian
    I have a 62 plate x3 3 litre
    Absolutely love the car quite good on diesel at around 35 mpg
    The car is carbon black with cream leather all mod cons and 45k on the clock
    Very fast if you need it to be.
    Regards
    Colin

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    I have/had the same on a number of cars with wide low profile tyres, none Mercs, when reversing on full lock in very cold weather. Particularly on my drive which is block paving . Not an issue as am probably doing
    about 3 MPH, just sounds rather odd.
    Not an issue to me before (my 911 does the same thing when reversing), but on the GLC it is much worse. Shame as it's otherwise quite a nice car to drive.

Journeyman
    Audi wins for me, I find the interior a nicer place to be

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM View Post
    Not an issue to me before (my 911 does the same thing when reversing), but on the GLC it is much worse. Shame as it's otherwise quite a nice car to drive.
    its not really that big an issue IMO

Master
    My Mrs has been driving a Q5 for a week or so whilst her car is being repaired. She loves it, so much so that we may end up having to swap hers for one (or possibly the Q7)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk