closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple watch sync

Craftsman

Apple watch sync

Maybe a silly question but can the Apple watch be sync'd with an iMac or macbook as don't own an iPhone, also what about fitness tracker information (runs, swims etc) from the watch, can this be downloaded onto the mac

Thanks in advance

I think you need an Iphone for it to work

You need an iPhone, not an iMac/MacBook.

Blog Entries
    Think you need an i phone but just go to Apple support they have been excellent when i have used them.

Craftsman
    Thanks guys, worst fears thought but good idea re calling Apple support

I got an apple watch last weekend and I love it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I got an apple watch last weekend and I love it.
    Quite fancy one myself but bit pointless I guess if I don't own the iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Quite fancy one myself but bit pointless I guess if I don't own the iPhone
    I thought it would be shite but went for it anyway, got to say I'm quite impressed with it and haven't had it off my wrist since getting it, but if you don't have an iPhone I'd agree, it'd be pointless.

Master
    Is there a reason you don’t want and iPhone? There are similar watches for android etc never used one but apparently they’re pretty good another option would be something from garmin, my fenix 3 was superb for most things.
    These days my Apple Watch is rarely off my wrist

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Think you need an i phone but just go to Apple support they have been excellent when i have used them.
    Nothing to do with a Apple watch, but I have just been on the phone with Apple support and they were brilliant, I was sceptical about filling in a form to get a call back but they did in about 30 seconds. My issue was completely my fault but they were very patient and helped no end.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Is there a reason you don’t want and iPhone? There are similar watches for android etc never used one but apparently they’re pretty good another option would be something from garmin, my fenix 3 was superb for most things.
    These days my Apple Watch is rarely off my wrist

The iPhone has always seemed over priced to me but looks like other smartphones are heading that way too and always been a Blackberry loyalist, saying that my patience is starting to thin a little, daft thing is though I have iMac and macbook pro which ain't cheap items either :)

The iPhone has always seemed over priced to me but looks like other smartphones are heading that way too and always been a Blackberry loyalist, saying that my patience is starting to thin a little, daft thing is though I have iMac and macbook pro which ain't cheap items either :)
    I'm an iPhone geek, had them ever since the 3G, I can't stand android OS, the kids have android devices and I find them a nightmare, suppose it's what you are used to but for me iOS is the one, don't think I'll ever turn to the dark side.

Master
    My advice would be treat yourself to an iPhone and Apple Watch combination worst case if it’s not for you after resale it won’t cost you a fortune they seem to hold their price well, I loved my blackberry’s but things have moved on personally I didn’t get on with android on the several times Ive tried just to see what I might be missing.

Craftsman
    My advice would be treat yourself to an iPhone and Apple Watch combination worst case if it’s not for you after resale it won’t cost you a fortune they seem to hold their price well, I loved my blackberry’s but things have moved on personally I didn’t get on with android on the several times Ive tried just to see what I might be missing.
    Some food for thought, maybe take a closer look at iPhone over Christmas. Love OS10 and keyboard for many a year, believe the iPhone x is all about swipping the keyboard just like Blackberry OS10 :)

Master
    Some food for thought, maybe take a closer look at iPhone over Christmas. Love OS10 and keyboard for many a year, believe the iPhone x is all about swipping the keyboard just like Blackberry OS10 :)
    Swipping the keyboard? You should try swapping to SwiftKey on Android

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Took your advice bootneck, looked at the iPhone x, gave it a try and now loving it, syncs with iMac and mac pro effortlessly which was often a pain with the Blackberry, guess watch may be next try down the line - more expense :(

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Swipping the keyboard? You should try swapping to SwiftKey on Android

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

It is basically Swiftkey - Blackberry licensed the underlying technology for use on their devices.

Master
    Took your advice bootneck, looked at the iPhone x, gave it a try and now loving it, syncs with iMac and mac pro effortlessly which was often a pain with the Blackberry, guess watch may be next try down the line - more expense :(
    Don’t be blaming me for your Apple splurge lol

I’m glad you’re liking it though and yes you really do need to try it with the Apple Watch oh and seeing I’m already getting you into trouble the AirPods too. If someone had told me before I bought them how much I’d use and rely on the watch and AirPods everyday I’d have written them off as an Apple fanboi but I couldn’t have been more wrong the combination just makes life easier exactly as technology should.

Nice to hear you’re enjoying swapping over though and i well remember the first time I swapped from a blackberry to Apple thinking I’d hate it, oh how times have changed lol.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    It is basically Swiftkey - Blackberry licensed the underlying technology for use on their devices.
    Do you know if swift key is available on the Apple, really miss this albeit its only been 2 weeks with the Apple operating system

Master
    Do you know if swift key is available on the Apple, really miss this albeit its only been 2 weeks with the Apple operating system
    Yes it is, just search in the AppStore it’s what I use on my phone

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/swif...911813648?mt=8

Craftsman
    Don’t be blaming me for your Apple splurge lol

I’m glad you’re liking it though and yes you really do need to try it with the Apple Watch oh and seeing I’m already getting you into trouble the AirPods too. If someone had told me before I bought them how much I’d use and rely on the watch and AirPods everyday I’d have written them off as an Apple fanboi but I couldn’t have been more wrong the combination just makes life easier exactly as technology should.

Nice to hear you’re enjoying swapping over though and i well remember the first time I swapped from a blackberry to Apple thinking I’d hate it, oh how times have changed lol.
    My head was telling me to move from Blackberry but the heart strings wouldn't let go as been Blackberry for the last 12 years but like you say times have moved on.

One question about the ear buds: I work on construction sites where phones are sometimes not allowed, if I had the ear buds would they let me connect to an incoming call if my phone was in the site office say 50 to 100m away?

Craftsman
    Yes it is, just search in the AppStore it’s what I use on my phone

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/swif...911813648?mt=8

Master
    My head was telling me to move from Blackberry but the heart strings wouldn't let go as been Blackberry for the last 12 years but like you say times have moved on.

One question about the ear buds: I work on construction sites where phones are sometimes not allowed, if I had the ear buds would they let me connect to an incoming call if my phone was in the site office say 50 to 100m away?
    They work a good distance away but I’m not sure about so far, mine work throughout the house and garden (fair size) without issue but if I go into the garage (12meters away) with my phone in the house it drops connection but our walls are very thick.

Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    You need an iPhone, not an iMac/MacBook.
    And at least an iPhone 6, I think. My sister had to buy a new one when she got an iWatch.

Craftsman
    They work a good distance away but I’m not sure about so far, mine work throughout the house and garden (fair size) without issue but if I go into the garage (12meters away) with my phone in the house it drops connection but our walls are very thick.
    Guess the Apple Watch looks the way to go for best results might have to take a closer look at the ear pods though for now, not sure if you can demo these but might try when next passing an apple store

Cheers