closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New skydweller?

Master
    If anyone is keen on a TT black dial Skydweller, AD Baker Bros in Bedford has one in their window.

Would've got it myself but just can't pull off a 42mm!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    If anyone is keen on a TT black dial Skydweller, AD Baker Bros in Bedford has one in their window.

Would've got it myself but just can't pull off a 42mm!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk
    Lunn s in Belfast also had one last week.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tt though, easier to get than all steel, with blue steel by far the most in demand and hardest to source

That's a beautiful watch. Let's hope someone here can benefit. Thanks for the heads up!

Master
    Feels like the market is turning a little on these following my chat with pre owned dealers. White dial there is excess supply now while blue still commanding some premium. Tried the white dial on yesterday, they are really crisp and wears smaller than I thought it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Feels like the market is turning a little on these following my chat with pre owned dealers. White dial there is excess supply now while blue still commanding some premium. Tried the white dial on yesterday, they are really crisp and wears smaller than I thought it would.

I was on the list for a blue and got offered a white dial. Thought long and hard and decided to go with the white - mainly because I’ve got blue and black dials and thought it would be a nice change. Realise it won’t carry the premium of the blue but not really relevant to me. I’ll apologise in advance as my photography skills are poor or say the lease:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I was on the list for a blue and got offered a white dial. Thought long and hard and decided to go with the white - mainly because I’ve got blue and black dials and thought it would be a nice change. Realise it won’t carry the premium of the blue but not really relevant to me. I’ll apologise in advance as my photography skills are poor or say the lease:

The white is aristocratic!

Master
    Since the SS version was initially released it was always the white dial i wanted. I don't know what it is about blue dials and premiums but they seem to go hand in hand. Doesn't seem to be much love for white dials in general, whereas i think they are crisp and clean..................on the right watch.

Master
    If anybody wants a 2018 white dial, fully stickered U.K. watch, a mate of mine is offering his to WF this week. Can intercept and facilitate if anybody wants it?

Master
    How does the white dial steel model wear as a casual watch? Also, does it suit the Rolex black rubber strap?
    Last edited by Stuno1; 31st January 2018 at 20:34.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    If anybody wants a 2018 white dial, fully stickered U.K. watch, a mate of mine is offering his to WF this week. Can intercept and facilitate if anybody wants it?
    Are they offering him a premium? As list is 10.6 I’d be surprised if there is anything in it?

Craftsman
    Wf offered 12 for my black face ss

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    How does the white dial steel model wear as a casual watch? Also, does it suit the Rolex black rubber strap?
    Really well, its now my "go to" watch, works as well casually as it does with shirt and jacket.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Really well, its now my "go to" watch, works as well casually as it does with shirt and jacket.
    It’s the polished centre links on the bracelet I am not keen. I’ll have a dig around and see if I can find one on the Rolex rubber strap.

Master
    Have to say, it’s my go to reference now (Blue SS)

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Each to their own and all that, but I love the bracelet along with the ever changing blue dial. It is stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lovely watch with the blue dial.

@ jpsavage - maybe take some more pics rather than reusing the same one all the time.....shame to not see more out and about!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Lovely watch with the blue dial.

@ jpsavage - maybe take some more pics rather than reusing the same one all the time.....shame to not see more out and about!
    Noted! Will take some more tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Are they offering him a premium? As list is 10.6 I’d be surprised if there is anything in it?
    The cheapest they have on their website is @£14k iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Danpd View Post
    Wf offered 12 for my black face ss
    He is sending his watch in on a similar quote.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Noted! Will take some more tomorrow.

Cool.

How well does the Skydweller sit on a 6 ¾ inch wrist?
    I always thought that 40mm would be max.
    But now wandering whether I could get away with wearing the Skydweller at 42mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Pics taken in June, when the dummy versions were doing the tour of ADs. 7" wrist.

As is usually the case, phone pics make it look bigger. However having tried one on, I reluctantly concluded that for the style of watch it was too big for me.

Master
    I have similar wrists and found the 42mm borderline large for me. It's a shame as I really like the watch and having worn a 44mm Panerai in the past, was sure I could pull it off. The Skydweller sits surprisingly tall too so do try one in a local AD - you should be able to find a two tone version somewhere to get a feel of the size.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Picking up a white dial tomorrow.

Master
    I’ve a smaller wrist than that and I love my SkyDweller.

What shape is the wrist? Mine is only 6⅝" but so flat that my wearing a watch the same dimensions as the Sky Dweller (42mm diameter, 50mm lug to lug) most days is no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    What shape is the wrist? Mine is only 6⅝" but so flat that my wearing a watch the same dimensions as the Sky Dweller (42mm diameter, 50mm lug to lug) most days is no problem
    I would say that my wrist is more round.

For example the lugs on my SubC, appear to slightly overhang the edges of my wrist. Which I suspect is more to do with the lugs being more straight.
    Whereas my Explorer 1 (39mm) with its more rounded lugs sits much more snuggly.
    I am hoping that this would be the case with the Skydweller.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and the additional photos.
    I have been offered a good trade price against my SubC for the black dial version, which is rather tempting :-)
    Is there anyone living in North Devon who has a Skydweller and would be happy to meet up?

Master
    Is there anyone living in North Devon who has a Skydweller and would be happy to meet up?
    I’ve got one :-)

Master
    I saw a Skydweller in a shop window a couple of years ago and despite being on a leather strap it was miles too loud for comfort.

The new SS models have cleaned up the appearance somewhat but it still screams ROLEX LOOK AT ME type of thing. Possibly replacing the serrated bezel with a smooth one might tone it down even more but it is quite bulky when you see it in the flesh.

If they could slim it down and reduce its size to 40mm, it would surely become more desirable.

Master
    ^^^ I think it is already pretty desirable as it is

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I saw a Skydweller in a shop window a couple of years ago and despite being on a leather strap it was miles too loud for comfort.

The new SS models have cleaned up the appearance somewhat but it still screams ROLEX LOOK AT ME type of thing. Possibly replacing the serrated bezel with a smooth one might tone it down even more but it is quite bulky when you see it in the flesh.

If they could slim it down and reduce its size to 40mm, it would surely become more desirable.
    I'm stunned, no more like flabbergasted that Rolex haven't taken this on board!! I'll link your post to their social media and hopefully they can sort this dire situation out in time for Basel. All will then be tickety boo!

I’ve got one :-)
    If only your account name specified whether you're a North Devonian or a South Devonian

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    It would be rather difficult to operate if it had a smooth bezel.

Master
    I find many, not all, modern Rolexes scream 'look at me.' That is now the target audience. The Skydweller is a clever watch, but to my taste it's plain ugly. Luckily, most buyers take a different view.

Master
    I'm stunned, no more like flabbergasted that Rolex haven't taken this on board!! I'll link your post to their social media and hopefully they can sort this dire situation out in time for Basel. All will then be tickety boo!
    Ok if you like it then fair enough but I am not the only one to think it looks way too loud.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    It would be rather difficult to operate if it had a smooth bezel.
    Touché

It appears that a batch arrived at the end of January into the UK.
    Has anyone recently had the call from their AD saying that theirs had arrived?

Craftsman
    Nothing yet, plus my local AD is closing doors and I was first on their list.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sounds right. Bristol AD had one, a white dial, in three weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Nothing yet, plus my local AD is closing doors and I was first on their list.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Do you mean that they are closing down?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Sounds right. Bristol AD had one, a white dial, in three weeks ago.
    I tried Goldsmiths at Cribbs a couple of weeks ago and they said that there were none in the company!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Do you mean that they are closing down?

I tried Goldsmiths at Cribbs a couple of weeks ago and they said that there were none in the company!
    Not surprisingly, the watch in question was allocated. It was the first SS version which the store had seen.

Craftsman
    There’s a skydweller in Reading goldsmiths but it rose gold and cost 36k and a gold Daytona
    At 14k and a day date in gold gold gold why o why so much gold if only it was steel it just mite sell.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/sky-dw...6935-0004.html
    https://www.rolex.com/watches/cosmog...6503-0006.html
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 25th February 2018 at 17:16.

Craftsman
    Was in italy last week and there were plenty of steel skydwellers in AD windows. Was tempted to pick one up but decided against it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Very, very unlikely to include any Blue dial Skydwellers as there has been a delay on all of those recently due to, I believe, a small issue with the dial production that is now resolved. That would explain a few more White and Black dial versions (S/S with W/G) filtering through to fill the gap so to speak....

Any further information on the point you raise in respect of the problems in manufacturing the blue dial?

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Any further information on the point you raise in respect of the problems in manufacturing the blue dial?

Not really above and beyond what I posted. It was a minor issue on an item relating to the blue dial that is now fully resolved but there is still a bit of a back log as you can expect for such a popular piece - by the way it came from a source in Switzerland, not an AD.

Master
    I guess at midnight tonight I’m going to have to read up on how to change the settings as it will go to 29.

Red face

I guess at midnight tonight I’m going to have to read up on how to change the settings as it will go to 29.

Do that..........or it will self destruct in 10 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Do that..........or it will self destruct in 10 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I’ll pop it in the panic room tonight just in case.

Scrap that, the bomb shelter just to be safe!