closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BMW 430d issues

BMW 430d issues

Hi All. Anyone ever got out of a lease before? I’ve had my ‘17 430d since July. At 2000 miles I took it in for a look as there is a horrible rattle (beyond the normal expected diesel clatter) at around 1500 - 1700 rpm. It disappears with any throttle load.

Long story short: they’ve changed the egr, flashed it, changed all the injectors and had it for 2 months.

Bmw uk technical experts have been called in and branded the noise ‘unfavourable’ but the engine/car is within spec.

So I want out. I’ll settle for another bmw, same model even. Going in to bat today with BMW finance.

Any tips or similar experiences? Am I just wasting my time and I’m stuck for the next 30 miserable months?

I guess this is the true downside of leasing and being unable to test drive upfront. Had it been a direct purchase I could deal with the garage directly. As it’s a lease I need to go to the finance company. Allegedly.

If anyone can offer some experience it’d be a huge help.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    That's a great car with a cracking engine. Diesel is a little noisy granted, but I don't think you should let it spoil your enjoyment of the car.

I have the 335d and it's a little clunky when cold, but otherwise it's great.

You say it goes away under throttle, so make the most of the 250? bhp?

My friend had a similar problem recently with a 2015 120D.

They did similar changed EGR and ultimately something exhaust related too, that seemed to solve it in the end. He did have to take it back after the egr fix for further remedial work as that alone didn't resolve the issue.

Where are you based?

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    My friend had a similar problem recently with a 2015 120D.

They did similar changed EGR and ultimately something exhaust related too, that seemed to solve it in the end. He did have to take it back after the egr fix for further remedial work as that alone didn't resolve the issue.

Where are you based?
    I bought the car from Dick Lovett in Bristol but their Swindon branch, over the road from the office, have been dealing with the repairs.

I’ve been on the phone to customer services. That was a total waste. Now I’m on the phone to the finance team.

This is going to be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    That's a great car with a cracking engine. Diesel is a little noisy granted, but I don't think you should let it spoil your enjoyment of the car.

I have the 335d and it's a little clunky when cold, but otherwise it's great.

You say it goes away under throttle, so make the most of the 250? bhp?
    Lol. Smashing the pedal certainly fixes it.

It's a lease car, so what are you worried about?

Drive it for the lease period and then chuck the keys back.

Blog Entries
    It looks like the car had it from the moment you got the car? (you went back after 2K miles). Were you able to compare it with another, similar 430D? ("...unable to test drive it upfront..."). Then the more mechanical issue: can you locate the noise? Back, rear, up on top of the engine? What if you remove the smart looking plastic cover and look down on the 'naked engine' when running? Does the noise disappear when the engine is hot?

Menno

BMW 430d issues

Noise persists cold or hot. Always when pulling sensibly away from junction (or slow stop/start speeds) - I have a colleague with a 2016 430d same spec and it’s as sweet as a nut. Finance team were far more positive than customer service.

Blog Entries
    I also only lease cars and your car and correct me if I am wrong is owned by BMW finance? the car supplied whether it came from a Dealer or via a lease deal should be fit for the purpose and if it is not it either needs to rectified or exchanged for another unit. I would push this with the finance people and if necessary get an independent inspection and forget dealing with BMW main dealer it is not their problem it is between you and BMW.