closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cadbury's Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    It was a brilliant idea and still is, but Reese's cups are indeed not the best example. Peanut Butter M&Ms are the way forward - again USA only but my wife brings me the "Party" bags back when she's on business (each bag just over 1kg ). They might be the most moreish substance known to man. Reeses Pieces are an equivalent but the butter:chocolate:shell ratio isn't as good. M&Ms are heavy on the peanut butter.
    Don't.

When in the USA I can't get enough of that stuff and it takes a great strength of will to avoid them and save what is left of my waistline.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Expensive but worth it. Lauden Chocolate. I know the guy that started it and it's now the chocolate served in BA 1st Class.

http://www.laudenchocolate.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post
    Chocolate snobbery comes out here... I favour Charbonnel et Walker as a Crimbo choc.
    The Mrs will have Godiva.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Montezuma is a British chocolatier and I think their products are terrific. They have stores in various upmarket towns but you can also get their stuff in John Lewis and fro their own website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These guys aren't too bad:

http://www.pumpstreetbakery.com/chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I find some of Aldi's chocolate tastes a lot better then cadbury.
    This is very true. Cadbury stuff, whatever it's called, is no longer eaten in our house unless a well meaning friend buys me a Toblerone, another casualty of the Mondelez takeover.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dogpuf View Post
    I must admit that I have moved to Lindt choc.
    I won’t buy Terrys after they deserted York for cheap foreign lands.
    Nestle brands are slowly doing the same to Rowntrees.
    I used to love Cadbury choc. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, KitKats are crap now. Rowntrees chocolate used to be my favourite until Nestle ruined them.

I used to love it when I drove past the Rowntree factory in York at knocking off time & a massive bolus of cyclists shot out of the factory gates oblivious to the passing traffic in their eagerness to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Yep, KitKats are crap now. Rowntrees chocolate used to be my favourite until Nestle ruined them.

I used to love it when I drove past the Rowntree factory in York at knocking off time & a massive bolus of cyclists shot out of the factory gates oblivious to the passing traffic in their eagerness to get home.
    I had a relative who used to work there.

The boxes of mishapes and slight seconds for pennies were legendary in the family. 😋
    So clever my foot fell off.

Blog Entries
    What we have here is the malignant umbrella of the corporate bean counters. The sad fact that they have destroyed the Cadbury product means absolutely nothing to them!

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    What we have here is the malignant umbrella of the corporate bean counters. The sad fact that they have destroyed the Cadbury product means absolutely nothing to them!
    If I were a share holder I'd want them to maximise share value.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Are you a shareholder?

I’m betting there are many more customers who like nice chocolate than there are shareholders who choose to deny them this simple pleasure for the sake of a few tawdry extra pennies.

😟

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Are you a shareholder?

I’m betting there are many more customers who like nice chocolate than there are shareholders who choose to deny them this simple pleasure for the sake of a few tawdry extra pennies.

Thought it was clear from my post. Same with most big companies though - more customers than shareholders. They're not a charity.

Thought it was clear from my post. Same with most big companies though - more customers than shareholders. They're not a charity.
    Well no, but there were few companies as ethical or good to their workforce as Cadbury’s... before they were bought out.

Cadbury's and Rowntree were highly ethical in the early days. I bet they didn't make a loss.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Yep, KitKats are crap now.
    Yes, I've noticed that too. The quality of the chocolate on the has gone down hill. It always seems to me to taste stale now.

Blog Entries
    I am sure that they think they are maximising share value. But they are doing it in a shortsighted way that reduces differentiation and genuine quality (and thus reduces costs) and thus benefits short term dividend generation at the cost of future capital value building. It's the usual short-termism and misguided drive for standardisation/franchisability.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I am sure that they think they are maximising share value. But they are doing it in a shortsighted way that reduces differentiation and genuine quality (and thus reduces costs) and thus benefits short term dividend generation at the cost of future capital value building. It's the usual short-termism and misguided drive for standardisation/franchisability.
    Very well put!

Short term thinking is the key here and the ‘quick buck’ is king. Also top management fail to see that medium/long term growth with respectable dividend continuity is a key attraction to the more savvy investment portfolio builders and managers. The fundamental mistake which will ultimately come home to roost is that directors think that customers will continue to buy any old crap offered by a previously respectable brand name.

The current decline in Cadbury sales is already well under way and doubtless the wise directors on the astronomical salaries will think the way forward to improve sales and profitability is to dilute the product quality further and reduce sizes! Honestly, some senior management (and this is by NO means confined to Cadbury) should not be in charge of a second-hand rocking horse!
    Last edited by KavKav; 20th December 2017 at 07:22.

Craftsman
    If you want to try something truly awful, try a Mars Protein bar, or derivative, which are slowly creeping onto the market; overpriced tripe.

Shameless plug for my wife's handmade chocolates business, people travel for miles around to buy her products. At the end of the day it all boils down to the quality of the ingredients used, minimum 54% cocoa content, fresh cream for the ganache and genuine branded alcohol for the oompf.

I suppose at the end of the day it all comes down to cost, a 200g bar of Cadbury's costs +/- £2, she sells a handmade 150g bar of 74% Ecudorean single source sells for £4.95, you pays your money, you takes your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I find some of Aldi's chocolate tastes a lot better then cadbury.
    My wife used to think so too until she found a birds claw in her Aldi deluxe chocolate!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    My wife used to think so too until she found a birds claw in her Aldi deluxe chocolate!
    Thats handy
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Thats handy
    Real LOL Dave!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    It's not all bad though, they put coffee ones back in there.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Roses have really gone downhill, not had them for a while and I was tricked in to having a coffee one when I was expecting it to be a Montelimar! Also, instead of the wrapper guide being a piece of paper in the tin it's printed on the base of the tub! How about printing it on the underside of the lid......or just including the name of the sweet on the wrapper!

Had a Moser Roth Milk chocolate- the one that’s blue in five individual bars

I was surprised how nice the choc was. Only just over a quid as well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Roses have really gone downhill, not had them for a while and I was tricked in to having a coffee one when I was expecting it to be a Montelimar! Also, instead of the wrapper guide being a piece of paper in the tin it's printed on the base of the tub! How about printing it on the underside of the lid......or just including the name of the sweet on the wrapper!

Your suggestion is logical, sensible and helpful to the consumer, these are the reasons why it will NOT happen!

Master
    Cadburys these days is awful. Chocolate probably made from a combination of turds and plastic.
    The quality drop was inevitable when they sold out. Haven't bought any of their products in years.
    The only way people can protest about the changes they've made is to stop buying their products - it's only when their crap stops selling that they might think about fixing it.

Montezumas for me now or Charbonnel et walker for truffles. More expensive but at least it doesn't taste like the waste from a chemical factory mixed with sugar.

Master
    Cadburys can go whistle these days. Once they were bought out by Kraft and the lies about keeping jobs, etc began to unravel, I was done with them as a company.

Grand Master
    Since they shut down the Somerdale factory and moved the production to Poland it's been cheaper and nastier, they did that to save production costs, then they started to remove 'dairy milk' as the basis for a lot of the boxes/bars/etc and now you get cheap chocolate that has some supersweet filling to hopefully make you not have to taste the rubbish that it has become.

I still haven't forgiven them for discontinuing the orange fry's chocolate cream, that was just a step too far for me, especially after the creme egg fiasco.

Master
    They were always crap, but now they are worse. Cadbury's chocolate was horrible, claggy and over-sweet - it must have taken some work to make it even less appealing!