closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: strange issue with logging in

Resurrected Thread - strange issue with logging in

Gents I have had an issue with logging in from my iPad/iphone all week, the strange thing is I can log in from the iMac at home but no other device, I've reset and changed my password numerous times but even when entering the generic password for the first time from the email sent with new password, the site does not recognise it and won't let me log in, I've cancelled the auto input password for the site and still have this issue, can anyone shed any light on this as it's getting very frustrating not being able to log in on the move.
    Last edited by mac's TT; 10th August 2018 at 16:15.

Are you using a different browser and it's not supported?

Can't suggest anything else.
    "A man of little significance"

just using safari, I'll try another browser on iPad but iMac is safari also

Quote Originally Posted by mac's TT View Post
    just using safari, I'll try another browser on iPad but iMac is safari also
    And all up-to-date? I only suggest it because I've noticed Firefox no longer lets me into my online bank account and it might be a similar issue.
    "A man of little significance"

Just updating iPad to iOS 11.2.1 to see if that helps the issue

updated and tried again after installing google chrome but still same issue, can't log in from iPad or phone (including tapatalk) can still log in from iMac and works computer, very frustrating, anyone help?

updated and tried again after installing google chrome but still same issue, can't log in from iPad or phone (including tapatalk) can still log in from iMac and works computer, very frustrating, anyone help?
    On your phone browser, are you selecting 'Remember me' before entering your details? If not, do so and see if that works. I've had a situation before where the browser would insta-forget my details between me logging on and the forum loading (not this forum, though).

Yes I've tried inputting name and password and ticking box remember me but still won't recognise either username /password or both

Master
    Okay I'm not a mobile user and certainly not an Apple user BUT I have seen a similar thing on windows desktop PC; though not with TZ. Sometimes if the password is changed for a particular site I've had issues with the browser keeping on trying to use the OLD password. The fix was to go into the saved logins and delete all those pertaining to the site. Then do the login again and enter the correct username/password and tell the browser to remember. From that point on seems to be fine.

I've deleted all the saved auto logins/passwords for TZ from iPad/iphone, still won't recognise password

Master
    I've deleted all the saved auto logins/passwords for TZ from iPad/iphone, still won't recognise password
    Oh well, sorry that's the end of my 'not useful' advice.

btw I assume the login works okay on another client device.

login works fine on iMac and works computer (windows)

Just changed password again and can sign in from mac but not iPad or phone

strange issue with logging in

Sorry if you have already tried this, but have you gone into the Safari settings on your iPhone and deleted the Website Data for tz-uk? I wasn't sure how you deleted the saved passwords but I mean this screen:

If you tap Edit at the top right you can just delete the data for each site individually.

login works fine on iMac and works computer (windows)

Just changed password again and can sign in from mac but not iPad or phone
    Clear your browser's cache on both devices. This will remove all password info input into other sites too though, so make sure you know your passwords!

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Sorry if you have already tried this, but have you gone into the Safari settings on your iPhone and deleted the Website Data for tz-uk? I wasn't sure how you deleted the saved passwords but I mean this screen:

If you tap Edit at the top right you can just delete the data for each site individually.
    Already done a few days ago, still same issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Clear your browser's cache on both devices. This will remove all password info input into other sites too though, so make sure you know your passwords!

Done this also a few days back

A long shot, but try using iCabMobile browser, I've been using it on iPad and iPhone for ages and it's far better than Safari, even disregarding your problem.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    Okay I’m resurrecting this thread as I am still unable to login via my iPad or iPhone I re registered including my exact same details i.e. title (mac’s TT) and the exact same password and it has acccepted me as a new member as you will see, can anyone shed any light on how this could possibly happen ?

And here is the point proven via iMac, I can also access SC etc from kindle/tablet etc just not iPhone or iPad
    Last edited by mac's TT; 10th August 2018 at 16:14.

Blog Entries
    And here is the point proven
    Joined June 2018: mac’s TT
    Joined December 2008: mac's TT

In actual fact the usernames are not the same. The character used for apostrophe is different in the two usernames.

June 2018 is U+2019 (Right Single Quotation Mark) whereas December 2008 is U+0027 (Apostrophe).
    Last edited by markrlondon; 10th August 2018 at 16:49.

Apprentice
    Would that not just be the difference in Apple keyboard quotation marks over 8 years? That’s not my issue, my problem is I can’t access the forum from iPad or iPhone using my original sign in and password

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac’s TT View Post
    Would that not just be the difference in Apple keyboard quotation marks over 8 years? That’s not my issue, my problem is I can’t access the forum from iPad or iPhone using my original sign in and password
    The point is that they are different characters. That means that you have created two entirely separate, distinct, accounts with different usernames.

To log into the December 2008 account you just need to enter the correct character.

I'm not familiar with iStuff keyboards or text input on those devices but I note that you specifically mention iPad and iPhone so it might be possible that you are suffering from some sort of 'smart' (or not so smart) text input facility that attempts to prettify the characters used. I.e. " ’ " looks nicer than " ' ".

If you can't get your devices to enter the correct character then try copying and pasting the correct version.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    The point is that they are different characters. That means that you have created two entirely separate, distinct, accounts with different usernames.

To log into the December 2008 account you just need to enter the correct character.

I'm not familiar with iStuff keyboards or text input on those devices but I note that you specifically mention iPad and iPhone so it might be possible that you are suffering from some sort of 'smart' (or not so smart) text input facility that attempts to prettify the characters used. I.e. " ’ " looks nicer than " ' ".

If you can't get your devices to enter the correct character then try copying and pasting the correct version.

It worked with copy and paste, you are a genius, cyber pint owed

🍻

Blog Entries
    It worked with copy and paste, you are a genius, cyber pint owed
    Excellent. :-)