closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hanhart

Hanhart

Just curious why we don't see that many of this brand. Build quality seems good but no A.D.'s to really check them out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nice looking watches, well those two at least. A brand ive looked at but dont know anything about them and just not got round to looking at them really.
    Just checked and Page and Cooper are ADs, A well know jewellers/watch dealer on the high st is Page and Cooper agents i believe.

Hanhart

I owned their Replika 1939 chronograph for a number of years.

http://www.hanhartusa.com/hanhart_fl...ph_replika.htm

I thought it was very well made and stood up to daily wear well. Sold it, perhaps regretting it.

I now have a WW2 vintage chronograph. Lovely thing, but I’m a bit careful with it. The chronograph is fragile and the vintage ones are not that easy to get repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 14th December 2017 at 20:35.

Master

Here's my favourite bought from our very own Zim a long time ago.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Are Hanhart now the same company so to speak as years ago or is it is name resurrected ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Is name... I mean a name. (Typo)

Quote Originally Posted by stiver3 View Post
    Are Hanhart now the same company so to speak as years ago or is it is name resurrected ?

http://www.hanhart.com/history

Stop watches for sport, science, military was Hanhart‘s core production. I think they ducked in and out of watches based on demand from military.

Very fond of mine

This is my Hanhart which I have for several years now. Build quality is excellent, and so is the finishing. These are very sturdy watches which can take a lot of abuse. Hanhart as a company has a rich history (WWII supplier for the Luftwaffe for instance) and some iconic designs to match but they fail to capitalize on this somehow. By the way, Steve McQueen used to wear a Hanhart chronograph.
    Last edited by Retep; 16th December 2017 at 12:28.

Personally I like there vintage stuff much better it's cooler to I own this one about the same model Steve McQueen owned when he raced motor cycle's. This is a Hanhart 417 bund issued to the German Air Force in the 1950's. Think Hanhart used the same type of hands design from this model on there new none chronograph one.

Here is a link showing Steve McQueen wearing his Hanhart the same model I own.
    http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index...038-arseholes/
    Last edited by River Rat; 16th December 2017 at 12:50.

Master
    Dial shot please! Would love an original but initial cost and sourcing parts for repairs put me off.
    My other half accidentally dropped mine causing the chrono to stop working.
    A quick trip to Brendan and it's repaired, serviced and regulated for a tad over £200.
    I do love the brand though and the heritage. What was the British equivalent?

ETA whoa that is stunning. Did those hands precede the cathedral hands or vice versa
    Last edited by Cat7; 16th December 2017 at 13:01.

Master

Here's my other, you've probably realised I love the cathedral hands chrono!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

A not very good quick iphone pix of my WW2

Last edited by BillyCasper; 16th December 2017 at 14:06.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post

I now have a WW2 vintage chronograph. Lovely thing, but I’m a bit careful with it. The chronograph is fragile and the vintage ones are not that easy to get repaired.

We have a member of this forum who restored my 1938 Cal 40 Monopluse - Andrew Leftley

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    We have a member of this forum who restored my 1938 Cal 40 Monopluse - Andrew Leftley
    Yes, I bought it from Andrew. I’m just being a bit careful with it. When I said that they are not that easy to repair, it was in the sense that we have Andrew or Frank R. In Germany as far as I know, both very busy chaps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Yes, I bought it from Andrew. I’m just being a bit careful with it. When I said that they are not that easy to repair, it was in the sense that we have Andrew or Frank R. In Germany as far as I know, both very busy chaps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think Andrew also has a contact in Italy as well, but you make a valid point.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche