closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: do you believe in aliens ?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • no - nothing at all. we are the only ones anywhere

18 9.84%
  • yes - there is other intelligent life but not in our solar system

123 67.21%
  • yes - there is intelligent life in our solar system but they have never been to earth

18 9.84%
  • yes - they have been to earth and had direct contact with individuals on earth

13 7.10%
  • yes - not only are they regular visitors but they walk among us

5 2.73%
  • yes- they are much more advanced than us

19 10.38%
  • yes - but we are more advanced than them

9 4.92%
  • yes - human life and alien life are closely related

4 2.19%
  • yes - and i am shit scared of them . have you seen that film with will smith ffs

10 5.46%
  • yes - they are probably a bit like people, both good and bad

9 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: do you believe in aliens ?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Was this in daylight? What were the visibility conditions like?
    And how much alcohol had you had just before seeing the manakin cigar shaped intergalactic cruiser.

In all seriousness,what power would such a craft need to use to just float along in our atmosphere?,I'm sure scientists would have some idea what could only be "possible" to achieve that.To just say they "Aliens" have a more advanced technology doesn't really do it for me.And you have to ask the question,your civilisation has advanced so far to achieve intergalactic space travel,to NOT stop and say hi!,we are surely not a threat to a civilisation that has advanced beyond where we are.And I also think the powers that be wouldn't adopt the same approach they did in.....

"The day the earth stood still"....but it was the 50's and the way the Americans were,and I guess still are to a degree,but I'm not sure they'd carry on the same with alien holidaymakers popping by on a sightseeing excursion.

Only 12% don't believe in aliens. I thought the figure would be much higher.
    Why? The sheer probability is that amongst the many billions of planets that lie in the right orbit in our universe indicates that some life, from politicians to sentient life forms must exist outside our own solar system.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    And how much alcohol had you had just before seeing the manakin cigar shaped intergalactic cruiser.
    None it was about 11am if I remember rightly, I can't explain what I saw, just know it was not from this planet at this time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8520486.stm

Number 7 in the drawings is what I saw. I did draw it at the time but as it moved it did seem to change shape?

This is interesting

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...ticle-1.203932
    Last edited by wildheart; 14th December 2017 at 12:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjardon View Post
    I think it is naive and/or foolish to assume that we (humans) are the only intelligent life in the universe.

Actually, i'll correct that...
    I think it is naive and/or foolish to assume that we (humans) are there only intelligent life on this planet (sentient animals, mammals etc excepted).

In fact, the single biggest deceit that is perpetrated against the inhabitants of this planet, is that we are alone, and that there are not intelligent, biological, extra terrestrial beings among us on this planet.

Soon, the secret will be too big to keep
    You think aliens are here among us now?

Who, in your opinion knows this for sure and is keeping it a secret from the rest of us?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I could have sworn I saw a UFO on a couple of occasions.

Silver cigar shaped object that seemed to be flitting around the sky.

After a long observation on both occasions it was an airship reflecting the sun.

If I had just been driving past I'm sure I would have believed I had spotted a UFO.

Things aren't always what they seem.

Now that everybody has a phone with video facilities you never see any clear pictures of alien ships cruising around do you?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I could have sworn I saw a UFO on a couple of occasions.

Silver cigar shaped object that seemed to be flitting around the sky.

After a long observation on both occasions it was an airship reflecting the sun.

If I had just been driving past I'm sure I would have believed I had spotted a UFO.

Things aren't always what they seem.

Now that everybody has a phone with video facilities you never see any clear pictures of alien ships cruising around do you?
    I think true sights are so rare, what I saw looked like these images
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird...-caught-camera
    my whole sighting lasted a minute maybe less, the thing moved at such an incredible speed you could not have photographed it. I've looked at military aircraft from such a young age as my Dad was a plane nut. I think maybe we will be visited again some day but Space and time are so long, and are they running parallel? This is the first time I've thought about it in years? Though I think we have discussed it on here before?
    Last edited by wildheart; 15th December 2017 at 09:50.

I was once 100% convinced I was taken on board a UFO, but . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    I'm sure the barman at our local is deffo alien.........

Master
    My ex wife is definitely not human...not sure if she is an alien though.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I read a book ages ago but my memory being what it is I can't remember the name of the book or author. He was ex mod though iirc. It catalogued a few descriptions of sightings through the ages. One that sticks in the mind was a report from a vicar in the 1500s odd saying that there was a commotion in church and he and the petitioners went out to look and there was a ship not of the oceans hanging over the steeple. It was recorded in the parish records of the time.
    It interested me because the language used potentially pre-dated modern day sci fi as we know it.

Will try and either jog my brain or dig it out.

Edit - could have been nick pope ex ufo investigator for the mod. Open skies closed minds book
    Last edited by verv; 14th December 2017 at 18:20.

I think there may be some reference to aliens, or at least it’s a possible interpretation, within the Sumerian epic Gilgamesh.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    And Ezekiel 1:4-6.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Absolutely yes !
    And multiverses too...!

Brendan

Donald Trump's rise to the presidency of the United States makes me question the existence of intelligent life on THIS planet.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    An extremely, extremely good point.
    Not really,the aliens are now using the cloaking device.

Thats why with everyone having a mobile picture taking device 24/7 and not getting the pictures we got back in the day.

Grand Master
    Something else to think about with regards to space travel at vast speeds.

So your spacecraft is moving along at the speed of light,we all know what specs of dust can do let alone something still relatively small like a marble for eg,with still even larger things out there.

So the spacecraft will need a computer to scan space so far ahead of the craft in order to not hit anything!,now is that possible at for eg speed of light speed and greater,even speeds far lower would need a computer scanning the space ahead.

Travelling the universe like the crew of Star Trek would be so far in the future I think Mankind might have found ways to exterminate himself before that ever happened sadly.

We find it very hard to live together in peace on this planet,let alone a small spacecraft on some interstellar re-population of the planets!.

Travelling the universe like the crew of Star Trek would be so far in the future...
    Er... it's already happened - it began back in the 1960s. I've seen the documentaries.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    New star just found with eight planets orbiting. BBC news.
    Kepler 90 System.

Brendan
    Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 15th December 2017 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Er... it's already happened - it began back in the 1960s. I've seen the documentaries.

That is so funny, thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I read a book ages ago but my memory being what it is I can't remember the name of the book or author. He was ex mod though iirc. It catalogued a few descriptions of sightings through the ages. One that sticks in the mind was a report from a vicar in the 1500s odd saying that there was a commotion in church and he and the petitioners went out to look and there was a ship not of the oceans hanging over the steeple. It was recorded in the parish records of the time.
    It interested me because the language used potentially pre-dated modern day sci fi as we know it.

Will try and either jog my brain or dig it out.

Edit - could have been nick pope ex ufo investigator for the mod. Open skies closed minds book
    Nick Pope has made a living talking about UFO's since he left the MOD. Always on TV or radio on the subject.

I saw some really interesting old American newspaper articles about what sounded like UFO's back in the 1800's. Seems to have been going on for ever.

It's a fascinating subject.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

On the subject of ancient UFO's I remember reading "Chariots of the Gods" by Eric Von Daniken when it first came out and being enthralled.

Not quite so sure about it nowadays though, but a good read.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    IF the universe is infinite, there's an infinite number of yous. Luckily they're very far away.

And some of them have tapped off with Michelle Pfeiffer.
    Nice idea, but while it's very large indeed, it isn't infinite. There may be other universes though, and who knows how many?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Nick Pope has made a living talking about UFO's since he left the MOD. Always on TV or radio on the subject.

I saw some really interesting old American newspaper articles about what sounded like UFO's back in the 1800's. Seems to have been going on for ever.

It's a fascinating subject.
    Ah cheers Neil!
    I read it a while ago and haven't really kept up since. I'll keep an eye out for him now I know who he is.

I was also interested in the temple blueprint theory.
    Temples worldwide, many have the same structure and layout, many built before man crossed the seas/continents. How are they the same?

Not my theory before I get accused of tin foil hattery :)

Master

Talking

So your spacecraft is moving along at the speed of light,we all know what specs of dust can do let alone something still relatively small like a marble for eg,with still even larger things out there.

So the spacecraft will need a computer to scan space so far ahead of the craft in order to not hit anything!,now is that possible at for eg speed of light speed and greater,even speeds far lower would need a computer scanning the space ahead.
    Not a prob : a bridge to transform the body of the ship (and contents) from a mass & C constrained bradyonic spacetime to a low energy (mass) tachyonic space time and voila - energy (mass?) of the body particles diminish as the velocity becomes or approaches infinity.

Have a good weekend.

B
    Last edited by Brian; 15th December 2017 at 23:47.

Banned
    Keep an eye out for Groucho's cigar heading towards us at 60mps !

Brendan

Temples worldwide, many have the same structure and layout, many built before man crossed the seas/continents.
    The more you read about the Pyramids the more questions remain unanswered.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Travelling the universe like the crew of Star Trek would be so far in the future I think Mankind might have found ways to exterminate himself before that ever happened sadly.

We find it very hard to live together in peace on this planet,let alone a small spacecraft on some interstellar re-population of the planets!.
    Hmm...I suspect that a spaceship traveling at the speed of light (186,272 miles per SECOND) would liquefy or gasify virtually any object in its path! Imagine a spaceship capable of orbiting the earth seven times in one second!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Hmm...I suspect that a spaceship traveling at the speed of light (186,272 miles per SECOND) would liquefy or gasify virtually any object in its path! Imagine a spaceship capable of orbiting the earth seven times in one second!
    It's not that different to driving a lorry, is it. You just try not to bump into anything.

That big oumamoua object was reported to be travelling at 25 km/second. That's not too shabby in terms of speed. That seems to be doing ok.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Energy = mass x speed of light squared.

As you approach the speed of light you start to need almost infinite amounts of energy for any measurable mass.

If you hit something at that speed with a sizable mass ( planet for example) its extremely likely you would vapourise it . At a reasonable fraction of the speed it would be catastrophic.

As a weapon , relativistic kill vehicles are probably about as big a weapon as you can get in this universe. Star Trek and Star Wars makes me laugh. Their phasers and torpedos are like spit compared with just accelerating a lump of ice up to a fraction of C. Almost impossible to dodge even if you saw it coming. One hit kill.

I think I heard a story where they found that the viscocity of strawberry jam made the best projectile for a really powerful gauss gun : mass vs energy delivery. Something to do with the sugar inituating a plasma and the viscocity being just right to be as light as possible but still hold together long enough to plasmasise

Blog Entries
    Ah cheers Neil!
    I read it a while ago and haven't really kept up since. I'll keep an eye out for him now I know who he is.

Temples worldwide, many have the same structure and layout, many built before man crossed the seas/continents. How are they the same?

Not my theory before I get accused of tin foil hattery :)
    That sounds interesting about the temples. Never come across that before will have to look it up.

Banned
    We should take an interest in quantum computers which may well unlock the reasons why we have not as yet found any real evidence of extra terrestrial life.
    This cutting edge technology will take us to places we never dreamed of....

Brendan

ICYMI

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

The shadowy program — parts of it remain classified — began in 2007, and initially it was largely funded at the request of Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who was the Senate majority leader at the time and who has long had an interest in space phenomena. Most of the money went to an aerospace research company run by a billionaire entrepreneur and longtime friend of Mr. Reid’s, Robert Bigelow, who is currently working with NASA to produce expandable craft for humans to use in space.
    On CBS’s “60 Minutes” in May, Mr. Bigelow said he was “absolutely convinced” that aliens exist and that U.F.O.s have visited Earth.
    LINK
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Aliens definitely exist and have been visiting earth to buy up our stocks of Rolex sports watches. That’s the real reason they are hard to buy these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I said yes as I saw a UFO in 1997, so I know aliens exist.
    You saw a UFO and Aliens ?

Few articles on the ny Times past couple of days about secret pentagon programs investigating ufos

Few articles on the ny Times past couple of days about secret pentagon programs investigating ufos
    Majestic-12?

There are always stories about secretive US agencies supposedly looking into UFO's/Aliens etc.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Journeyman
    you can give more than one answer to the poll
    Didn't realize that.

Majestic-12?

There are always stories about secretive US agencies supposedly looking into UFO's/Aliens etc.
    Don't think they are specifically referring to majestic, but there are loads of 'alien friendly' stories in the media these days which are in accordance with the topic of disclosure that everyone has been banging on about

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Majestic-12?

Ahhh Scully

Ahhh Scully
    Lovely, in fact improving with age imo.

Banned
    During my flying days I met lots of commercial pilots. Not one of them ever saw a UFO.
    I think that when we do either establish contact or detect their presence nobody will be able to keep a lid on that story.

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    During my flying days I met lots of commercial pilots. Not one of them ever saw a UFO.
    I think that when we do either establish contact or detect their presence nobody will be able to keep a lid on that story.

Brendan
    UFOs and aliens aren't synonymous. I'd expect lots of the former and none of the latter.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Lovely, in fact improving with age imo.
    Finally we agree on something passenger ;)
    This day shall go down in history.

Finally we agree on something passenger ;)
    This day shall go down in history.
    Compliments of the season v

You’ve got to be pretty narrow minded and grandiose to think that we are the only life in the universe, if we are here then it’s very likely there are others.

Master

In all seriousness,what power would such a craft need to use to just float along in our atmosphere?,I'm sure scientists would have some idea what could only be "possible" to achieve that.To just say they "Aliens" have a more advanced technology doesn't really do it for me.And you have to ask the question,your civilisation has advanced so far to achieve intergalactic space travel,to NOT stop and say hi!,we are surely not a threat to a civilisation that has advanced beyond where we are.And I also think the powers that be wouldn't adopt the same approach they did in.....

"The day the earth stood still"....but it was the 50's and the way the Americans were,and I guess still are to a degree,but I'm not sure they'd carry on the same with alien holidaymakers popping by on a sightseeing excursion.
    thats the thing with this kinda stuff, people are terrified to say anything in case the neighbours think your crazy, oh yea did you really? Yea right. how much booze had you drunk etc. So you never get the info you could have.

Well, this has made me reconsider a little.

Master
    I wonder, are there aliens asking "do you believe in humans"?