closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn ezm3 Opinions?

Craftsman

Sinn ezm3 Opinions?

As per the title really, I like the look of the Sinn ezm 3 on the bracelet but have never actually handled one. What are people’s opinions? Any particular good or bad points?
    I’ve had a U1 before and was impressed with the quality, it was just a bit big for my taste. Chronomaster seems to be the cheapest UK dealer.

Craftsman
    I’ve just ordered one for my Sons Birthday. I did some googling and could not find a bad review. Was thinking of getting him the U200 (he has small wrists), but read that they could wear quite tall and bulky, so opted for the EZM3 on rubber and also getting the bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went for the Pilot Watch EZM 3F version rather than the original Diving Watch EZM 3. IMO, the dial is less 'busy' and I prefer its countdown (or Pilot's...according to Sinn) bezel.

Mine lives on a Di-Modell Chronissimo strap...black with white stitching (just like one of Sinn's options).

I would also add the U200 (or EZM8) to the list. It is a 37mm version of the U2, effectively, and VERY waterproof. 200 Bar.
    But if you like the look of the 3, the F is the one to go for - much cleaner dial.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I went for the Pilot Watch EZM 3F version rather than the original Diving Watch EZM 3. IMO, the dial is less 'busy' and I prefer its countdown (or Pilot's...according to Sinn) bezel.

Mine lives on a Di-Modell Chronissimo strap...black with white stitching (just like one of Sinn's options).
    Absolutely dope and much nicer than the 104 imo, which is a feat in itself
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    It's lovely. Great proportions, handsome and would likely survive a nuclear holocaust. I likes it.

Craftsman
    I do like the dial on the 3f but I prefer the unidirectional bezel on the 3 more.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I would also add the U200 (or EZM8) to the list. It is a 37mm version of the U2, effectively, and VERY waterproof. 200 Bar.
    But if you like the look of the 3, the F is the one to go for - much cleaner dial.

Dave
    It looks like a great watch but it’s a little too similar to the U1 and I’ve been there!

The EZM3 is a lovely thing, I had one a few years ago. Only moved it on because I needed the money, I'd have another one in a heartbeat. The only negative I can think of is that the date is quite difficult to read in any kind of less than perfect light (red text). That was then, these days I suspect I'd have trouble reading it in a well lit room :-(
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Craftsman
    The red date being difficult to read seems to be a common theme. Judging by all the other positive reviews i think I’ll just learn to live with it though.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    The red date being difficult to read seems to be a common theme. Judging by all the other positive reviews i think I’ll just learn to live with it though.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The EZM 3Flieger has white text...

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    The EZM 3Flieger has white text...
    That alone would make me consider the 3F over the regular 3.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    A great watch overall and if you wear it on your left wrist, it's incredibly comfortable for a diver. The most comfortable watch I have owned at this size to date. If funds allowed, I would get the EZM13 next time.

Last edited by stix; 12th December 2017 at 00:29.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    That alone would make me consider the 3F over the regular 3.
    The EZM3 was designed as a tech dive watch. Anything on the watch that is not important for this function is red, so as not to detract from the legibility whilst diving. Also, as someone else mentioned, the bezel function on the EZM3 is a unidirectional dive bezel.

Craftsman
    Here’s a thought. Would Sinn exchange an ezm 3 dial with an ezm 3f come service time? Now that would be something special.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post
    The EZM3 was designed as a tech dive watch. Anything on the watch that is not important for this function is red, so as not to detract from the legibility whilst diving. Also, as someone else mentioned, the bezel function on the EZM3 is a unidirectional dive bezel.

I read this too. It’s an interesting touch. However I did have a wry smirk when I noticed that ‘SINN’ was still emblazoned in white at the top of the dial. It must be important for a diver to know what make of watch they’re wearing whilst underwater!

I do find the red date a PITA to read on my EZM1, so would recommend the F on that basis.
    Last edited by andy tims; 12th December 2017 at 16:48.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post

I would beg to differ, in that the addition of the white 1-12 hour markers on the EZM3 is completely irrelevant to (dive) function and therefore distracting.

It was always one of the bugbears of that model that the genius, ploprof-derived, completely functional dial of the 1 and 2 got unnecessarily decorated with these numbers and many (myself included) thought it went totally against the functional aesthetic of the EZM line.

This is one of the main reasons that many prefer the cleaner look of the 3F, even if the WR is lower and the bezel is countdown and bi-directional.

Dave

PS - I like the near illegible red date on my 1 and 2, it allows me to think of them as date watches in terms of functionality, and non-date ones in terms of dial cleanliness.

I bought one new from Chronomaster a couple of years ago. A great watch and there was no denying its quality but I wear my watches on my right arm and the quite prominent crown used to dig into the back of my hand when I flexed my wrist which was pretty damn annoying. I rarely wore it because of that and ended up flogging it on Sales Corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I bought one new from Chronomaster a couple of years ago. A great watch and there was no denying its quality but I wear my watches on my right arm and the quite prominent crown used to dig into the back of my hand when I flexed my wrist which was pretty damn annoying. I rarely wore it because of that and ended up flogging it on Sales Corner.
    I was about to query the same thing - frankly it still mystifies me how people put up with digging crowns.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Dream on

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Pity. I take it Sinn have a firm stance about them modifying their watches?

I am not sure they do have a firm stance, they have done plenty of custom models for all sorts of organisations and occasions.
    They offer different bezels on many watches, I was asked whether I wanted count up or count down on my 657 (which is another Sinn with 200m WR that may fit).
    But if it is actually different in size etc, they won't do it.
    Dave

When I enquired about changing the bezel on my EZM-2 Hydro from silver to black, they said they could send the part out to me for me to fit, or could be done when next serviced. Changing dials may be a different level of mod, but I was under the impression they can change the entirety of the dial out during a service due to how the oil interacts with aspects of the dial in their Hydro models, but that may have been in relation to oil different to what they now use and also because it was required. Can do no harm to email them and ask.

I hope Henk can back up that post.

I thought they were one of the brands more open to changing parts if possible. I am sure i have seen a UX with a seconds hand from a limited edition UX or perhaps the other way round.
    I think if it will fit, they might do it for you at service.

Craftsman
    I spoke to Josh at P&C about the possibility of ordering a EZM3F with the bezel of the EZM3 and he indicated that Sinn would probably do it to order.

My only concern about the EZM3 /3F is the size... I worry that it might feel a bit small after 10 years of wearing my U2 (and now my U1000)....... But i'm planning on visiting Neil to have a look at a Sinn 212 KSK with a view to ordering a U212. There are a few other Sinn models that I'd like to look at.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    I spoke to Josh at P&C about the possibility of ordering a EZM3F with the bezel of the EZM3 and he indicated that Sinn would probably do it to order.

My only concern about the EZM3 /3F is the size... I worry that it might feel a bit small after 10 years of wearing my U2 (and now my U1000)....... But i'm planning on visiting Neil to have a look at a Sinn 212 KSK with a view to ordering a U212. There are a few other Sinn models that I'd like to look at.

I asked when the 3F first came out and Sinn wouldn’t do it. I have a new ezm3 bezel that I was going to try on a 3F. Maybe it won’t fit. I’m happy to sell it if anyone wants to try it.

Unfortunately Sinn seem to think a count down bezel is a pilots bezel. It’s not. As a pilot both professionally and privately I hardly ever need a count down bezel, however count up is used all the time !
    That was until I got the perfect pilots watch anyway! :)

Of course, I also recall that Page and Cooper managed to get Sinn to do them a batch of UX watches with GSG9 crown position, and standard (non-GSG9) dials, as they thought that was the best of both worlds. I think they got 10 of them made up initially, but they stilloffer them as a special order item.

So sure, Sinn can do custom work, and they do. It may take a dealer like P&C to persude them to do so/

They also produce TESTAF watches, specifically certified for flight use, and some of those (the 857 UTC TESTAF) have a 0-60 bezel rather than a 60-0 one