closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Introducing The Damasko DS-30 & DC-80.

Introducing The Damasko DS-30 & DC-80.

Damasko introduce two new solid tool watches , the DS 30 and the DC 80 .

http://wornandwound.com/introducing-...tches-damasko/

Last edited by Tazmo61; 11th December 2017 at 19:13.

Very nice to my eye. I have to admit however that I'd prefer orange or yellow highlights on the DC80 hands rather than the green. I don't dislike the green, just prefer the other colours.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    I like the green details. Just adds a bit more to look at.

Quite like that Chrono
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Love a center minute chronograph, but not the green hands.

DC80 is spectacular. Got to try one in the future!

US$2650 for the chrono looks quite attractive for an "in-house" modification like that. Makes the Sinn versions look ludicrously expensive, but it wil be interesting to see the UK price when actually in retail.

Dave

Blog Entries
    I'm still in doubt, that printing on Damasko's nearly gives me an epileptic attack, not easy on the eye.

But that chrono could grow on me.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Shame that the 556-esque three hander isn't ice-hardened. I suppose they needed to differentiate it from the DA34.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Shame that the 556-esque three hander isn't ice-hardened. I suppose they needed to differentiate it from the DA34.
    I was going to ask, which came first the Sinn or the Damasko? Are they by any chance related?

I like the DC-80 but the Minute markers should be a third the size and if the hand markers were yellow instead of green it would in my eyes be spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’ve always wanted to like Damasko but I can’t get away with the cross hairs on the dial. Are they just there for aesthetics or do they serve a purpose?

It's good to see Damasko expanding their range, but for me they've not bettered the original range of DA 36/37, DC 56/57 or DC 66 / 67
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    It isn't? It looks the same case finish as all the other Damaskos, is it just plain steel ball-peened then? I am surprised as this is one of their USPs.

EDIT: is seems from a quick google that it is surface hardened 'submarine steel' which sounds rather too similar to Sinn's treatment for me. I would have stuck to the Ice hardened option if I were Damasko otherwise the 3 hander just looks too much like a Sinn offering.
    Last edited by Padders; 13th December 2017 at 12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    It isn't? It looks the same case finish as all the other Damaskos, is it just plain steel ball-peened then? I am surprised as this is one of their USPs.

EDIT: is seems from a quick google that it is surface hardened 'submarine steel' which sounds rather too similar to Sinn's treatment for me. I would have stuck to the Ice hardened option if I were Damasko otherwise the 3 hander just looks too much like a Sinn offering.
    I've always thought the ideal would be the Sinn design, but made by Damasko. And here we have Damasko edging closer to the Sinn design, but abandoning their unique physical quality. Gah.

PS the Sinn 556 is just plain untreated SS, I believe, not like their more expensive models.

Master
    Yep I agree totally. By the way, while I never managed to dent either of my DA-3X watches, one did come to me with visible NATO rash so, hard they may be, but not totally invulnerable to marking.

Master

Introducing The Damasko DS-30 & DC-80.

Now that they got the movement up and running I think I will hold off a bit until the dc86 is finally released.

This will be the closest boy to the Sinn 156 in modern day terms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I believe Sinn originally bought its hardened steel cases from Damasko.

I reckon steel is hard enough already

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    I believe Sinn originally bought its hardened steel cases from Damasko.
    They did indeed, including some tech.

But Sinn decided to let SUG do the job and use another (tegiment) hardening process.
    That's why they both still use some inventions from that time, like the lubed pushers and crown system I believe.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    I reckon steel is hard enough already
    Last week I was working with a guy who was wearing a Cartier Drive. When I commented on it, he straightaway whisked it off so I could take a closer look. The dial, by the way, really glows. Although he had had it only a couple of years, it was already carrying lots of scratches. Big watch with lots of polished surfaces, I suppose it's easily done if a daily wearer. This watch would definitely benefit from being made from something harder than standard steel

It's ironic that the only watches made from Damasko's wondrous steel are watches that would look fine even when beaten up.

Better pics of the DC 80 here

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/dc80-ce...minutes-chrono

Looks pretty good to me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Agreed, looking good.
    Suprised that there is no lume on the chrono hands, nor on the bezel (apart from the pearl).
    Personally I am not a big fan of the crosshair dial either, but hey ho, it is a small point.
    That Gnomon article is full of guff, isn't it. Lemania 5100 is no thicker than a V7750.
    But I do like that better case and sealing technology allows this to be 100m WR and under 14mm thick.

I (predictably) like that a lot - the jumping hour for travellers?

Yes, this is on my list for sure. I had a few DC66 back in the day, and couldn't get over a few little picky frustrations with them, so we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    I (predictably) like that a lot - the jumping hour for travellers?
    Although they are talking about the sub-dial at 3, like the Eberhard Diascope, not the main hour hand........
    Dave

I've always thought the ideal would be the Sinn design, but made by Damasko.
    And that thing exist. Or at least existed.
    I had the same feeling as you and just found out the complete case of the first generation Sinn 756 was made by Damasko with all their tech like ice hardened steel, special pushers and crown etc.
    Quite happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Although they are talking about the sub-dial at 3, like the Eberhard Diascope, not the main hour hand........
    Dave
    Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by witti View Post
    ...Sinn 756...
    A watch which avoids Damaskos most egregious fault - no differentiation for the 5-minute markers on the chrono.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Better pics of the DC 80 here

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/dc80-ce...minutes-chrono

Looks pretty good to me.
    I do like a center minute chronograph and own a Sinn EZM 10 and a A-13A Pilot Watch so this one is definitely on my list.

For me the ultimate center minute chronograph design would be an automatic with Paulo Fanton's A-13A case with it's curved lugs, lovely dial and hands made with Damasko ice hardened steel.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Now that they got the movement up and running I think I will hold off a bit until the dc86 is finally released.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0f32c1eaf1.jpg
    Yeah, this is one hot watch! I only prefer the Sinn 156/Lemania setup because you can have the day indicator, but other than that, I can't fault it in any way. When *are* they bringing it out, though? I remember reading about it years ago, I think illustrated with this very picture, too ...