closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Current Topical Moan & Rant Thread

Current Topical Moan & Rant Thread

If we stick to the rules above the door of the pub (No political, no religion) - I don't see why this cannot live on in a more family friendly G&D form.

Blog Entries
    The BP is closed, is it really a good idea to try to move BP threads here?

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    The BP is closed, is it really a good idea to try to move BP threads here?

I don't think it was every really a bear pit thread (in the same way that word association wasn't) - it was more when people moaned about stuff that had happened to them on every given day - there were more moans on it about delivery men than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    If we stick to the rules above the door of the pub (No political, no religion) - I don't see why this cannot live on in a more family friendly G&D form.
    It also has a requirement of 'friendly banter' and there's evidence that's already being pushed since the closure of the BP. :-(

EDIT: 'There were more moans on it about delivery men than anything else'. I'd say that there were more moans about the SC than anything else.

R
    Last edited by ralphy; 10th December 2017 at 22:20.
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Well, the tow hitch broke on my Unimog today, them John Deere R5’s sure are tougher than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Topical Moan & Rant Thread

What is it with people travelling to work and snow? Don't wear the same old flat soled slippery shoes. Just for once,
    do without that milky coffee glued to your right hand. Don't pull a hood so far over your face you might as well have a blindfold on. Pick up a damn tissue before you leave the house rather than spending the whole tube journey snorting your snot up your nose.

And if I have to read or hear one more report about 'snow bombs','travel chaos' and how even in Ethiopia they cope with snow better than us, I'll just stay in bed tomorrow.

As you were.

PS Thank you Alansmithee

Master
    Idiots with umbrellas the size of a village fete marquee walking nonchalantly along busy streets. You could put someone’s eye out with the metal struts. Keep it for the sodding golf course!

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post

And if I have to read or hear one more report about 'snow bombs','travel chaos' and how even in Ethiopia they cope with snow better than us, I'll just stay in bed tomorrow.

I agree with you - it's a dumb complaint - the reason we don't copy well with snow is that it's simply not worth spending the money for the few days every few years when it's really bad - it would be a fantastic waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    It also has a requirement of 'friendly banter' and there's evidence that's already being pushed since the closure of the BP. :-(

EDIT: 'There were more moans on it about delivery men than anything else'. I'd say that there were more moans about the SC than anything else.

R
    I’d say that most of the moans about SC were in the draft thread rather than the rant and moan thread.

I think that spending so much money throughout winter to grit most if not all the road network as soon as the temperatures threaten to be below 0° is a fantastic waste of money. It would be much cheaper to only clear Motorways, then some parts of A roads identified as problematic due to hills or risks of snow drifts, and to use mainly snow ploughs for the job.
    To do that all what is required is to get car manufacturers to supply vehicles with cross climate tyres which are best suited for this country anyway, and to incentivise drivers to upgrade their current sets.
    The next phase would be to use permeable tarmac every time a road is resurfaced to avoid standing water and eliminate risks of black ice in winter. It would also help to alleviate flood risks by increasing the size of areas that can absorb water.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.