closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chris Rea... collapsed

Chris Rea... collapsed

Hope he's ok, just read he'd collapsed on stage. He's touring promoting his new album.

Master
    Saw him a few years ago at the city hall, absolutely brilliant, hope he pulls round.

Won't be driving home for Christmas then......

Saw that Rod.

He's had a lot of health problems in recent years, hope he is OK.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdobson45 View Post
    Won't be driving home for Christmas then......
    Not really a fan, but that is one of my favourite Christmas tunes. Hope he makes full recovery.

Blimey, he's recovered quickly... he's now riding home for Christmas.

Master
    Saw him in Birmingham a few years ago, he was brilliant.

As said he has had a few health problems over the years, really hope he makes a speedy recovery.

I saw him on breakfast TV a couple of months ago. Apart from overcoming pancreatic cancer a decade or so ago, he had a major stroke last year and has lost some use in one of his hands. He should be taking it easy.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Here's the interview I mentioned, he looks a bit fragile.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Hope he recovers in time for Christmas. Haven’t listened to it for years but I do have his road to hell CD somewhere

Blog Entries
    he served ice cream in his dads cafes in middlesbrough, met him a few times in a night club outside of yarm called the kirk, he could drink like a fish.

Music, making films, cars and touring are his way of dealing/healing with his cancer etc... I reckon without them he would have left us a long time ago

the cancer, peritonitis, stroke and current diabetes would mean most of us would have stayed at home - he's almost at the end of the current tour! kudos to him but Its not looking good

Always been a big fan of his. Remember him pre-fame days doing the workies clubs in the NE. Saw him in Gateshead early 70s. He must have some drive in him to keep going and I wish him well. He usually sets off drivin' home for Christmas around the end of October, I hope he gets there.

I’ve got a long drive ahead of me today and downloaded ‘road to hell’ specifically for the M25 section - hope he makes a full recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can recall seeing him in the Thruxton paddock once or twice when he was racing a Caterham.

Very unassuming, but friendly enough - I don't think most people realised who he was and this was around the height of his fame!

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I can recall seeing him in the Thruxton paddock once or twice when he was racing a Caterham.

Very unassuming, but friendly enough - I don't think most people realised who he was and this was around the height of his fame!

M
    I live in the same village as him & often see him in his Caterham - think he also used to race a Ferrari too!

Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    I live in the same village as him & often see him in his Caterham - think he also used to race a Ferrari too!
    His Ferraris were used in his film La Passione in the 90s about an Italian immigrant's son and his dream of Ferraris. Good intent but film and soundtrack a bit heavy.