closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Omega Speedmaster

Craftsman

New Omega Speedmaster

I’ve been hankering after a new speedy for a while now, the standard model that comes in the huge box/case, rrp in AD is around £3500 I believe but available from greys like iconic for maybe £2900-£3000

Unbeknown to me my brother has just gone out and bought one from Beaverbrooks but he’s paid £4000.

The watch looks stunning and comes in the huge box with the loupe but it’s on a leather strap (no metal bracelet) and appears to have a spare nato and rubber strap. It also has a clear case back showing the movement. He was told it was an automatic but to me the movement appears to be a manual wind (no rotor) so he’s paid £500 more over the standard watch for a clear case back and no bracelet. Is there something else about this model that justifies the extra money ?

I’m new to Omega so apologies if this is a stupid question.

Please educate me 🙂

Master
    Its probably the sapphire sandwich model which is around £500 more than the Hesalite (plastic) crystal std model. Both are manual wind not auto. It isn't difficult to tell with a display back. Does it have a rotor? No? Man wind. The lack of bracelet may be an issue if he changes his mind as to buy it later is v expensive, circa £500 wheras when new the bracelet model is only about £100 more than the leather strap one.

Craftsman

A really poor picture, I’ve asked for some better ones. So do they sell this version on bracelet for just £100 more? He ended up buying online so I think he’d be better off sending it back and buying one with bracelet if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Some better pics, it’s a lovely watch. I really like the clear caseback but think I’d want the option of a bracelet

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...1130423001006/

Steel on steel, TX case back

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, he would be better sending it back and getting it on Bracelet, if he can. Then he can pick up a strap and deployant a lot cheaper than a bracelet if he wants to.

That said, I have one on a strap and love the feel of it on the wrist as it’s much lighter - but cost wise it’s a no no.

If he can simply get his money back somehow, maybe because they told him it’s an automatic, and quite clearly it is not, then there are a quite a few suppliers that can get him the watch hundreds cheaper, including a number of official Omega AD’s!
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post

A really poor picture, I’ve asked for some better ones. So do they sell this version on bracelet for just £100 more? He ended up buying online so I think he’d be better off sending it back and buying one with bracelet if so.

As he bought it online he has 14 days to change his mind. As others have said better to send back and either buy the same on a Bracelet for £100 more, or go buy the real moon watch with the hesalite crystal, negotiate strongly and save a grand

Craftsman
    Thank you gents, advice much appreciated.

He’s already got an automatic seamaster chrono so having a manual wind will give a bit of variety and he doesn’t wear a watch at work either.

I know the purists prefer the hesalite but he really likes the clear case back (as do I).

If anyone can share a uk AD that may discount on the bracelet version please drop me a PM.

Master
    Most independent ADs will agree a discount to secure a sale. The regular Moonwatch can be replaced back into stock easily and most shops will reduce their margin to make a sale.

Master
    If you want contact details of a really good AD not too far from you then PM me, used them loads and will offer a healthy discount for forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Thank you gents, advice much appreciated.

He’s already got an automatic seamaster chrono so having a manual wind will give a bit of variety and he doesn’t wear a watch at work either.

I know the purists prefer the hesalite but he really likes the clear case back (as do I).

If anyone can share a uk AD that may discount on the bracelet version please drop me a PM.

Also don't forget if you look hard enough there is a variant that has a Hesalite crystal and a sapphire case back.... Unless I dreamed that....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    Also don't forget if you look hard enough there is a variant that has a Hesalite crystal and a sapphire case back.... Unless I dreamed that....

You will be looking hard for a new one, they discontinued that around 2003

That's why I questioned myself as I was sure it wasn't current but a goods used one should be best of both worlds.

£2600 from chrononext in Germany.