closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2018 6 Nations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Totally agree, no excuse. The BBC sport article states that it was not clear who the men were. Anyone wanna guess?

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Contains NSFW language.

Really unacceptable behaviour.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/watch-england...train-station/

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Contains NSFW language.

Really unacceptable behaviour.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/watch-england...train-station/
    Completely unacceptable, unfortnately he was also harrassed on the train from Manchester to London by an England fan (which for some reason is not being publicised by the media)

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Completely unacceptable, unfortnately he was also harrassed on the train from Manchester to London by an England fan (which for some reason is not being publicised by the media)

Other that it being on the BBC service, but it didn't say it was an Englishman. Just that he got abuse.

Hate crime?

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Scum bags!!!
    These twats are not true supporters of the game of rugby union or any other sport for that matter.
    Its ok to be passionate, loyal and only see one team but this behaviour is totally uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem View Post
    Scum bags!!!
    These twats are not true supporters of the game of rugby union or any other sport for that matter.
    Its ok to be passionate, loyal and only see one team but this behaviour is totally uncalled for.
    To be fair, it was more than likely football fans going to/going back home from the Man Utd-Chelsea game. A few.reports saying Chelsea fans were giving him a hard time on the train to London. Doesn't excuse it but might explain it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    you are making the point that it's more difficult for Scotland because they have few players, but so what. Or are you suggesting Scotland has a smaller population than Wales.?

The simple fact remains England had a bad day at the office and lost one game to a better team. Shit happens, just has it has on numerous times in the past. It's what makes sport interesting.

Alas it seems that Scotland have been underperforming since the start of the 6 Nations when compared with the likes of Wales and Ireland, but are you suggesting this is England fault because they have a bigger population?
    The point is the number of people/kids who actually play rugby.
    In Scottish state schools/comprehensives Rugby is not taught played except in the borders where it has a tradition.On top of that it is played at the private schools in Scotland.Obviously in Wales it is more of a traditional sport and is played in the state schools hence higher playing numbers.
    It shouldn't really be that difficult to understand.
    Obviously you can't base everything on playing numbers otherwise England would continually be the world's top team but it does make a considerable difference to the talent pool.

On the Eddie Jones thing that is obviously an embarrassment to anybody Scottish and would make any right minded individual cringe.

Master
    Andyg
    No sign of that £50 bet being paid into Eddies fundraiser yet.
    Don't be shy now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Absolutely 100% agree and I hope PSS and GMP get them irrespective of where they purport to be from. Aggressive Scots or pissed off England fans it doesn't matter, they need found and sorted. scum bags.

Jim

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Absolutely 100% agree and I hope PSS and GMP get them irrespective of where they purport to be from. Aggressive Scots or pissed off England fans it doesn't matter, they need found and sorted. scum bags.

Jim
    100% Jim, this brings rugby down to the level of other "team sports" that have international following. I can only hope it doesn't get too much attention and they start to ban drinking at rugby matches.
    We don't need clowns like these, no matter their origin.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Other that it being on the BBC service, but it didn't say it was an Englishman. Just that he got abuse.

Hate crime?
    These bastards need caught and sorted. The guy is one of the best there is and these simpletons can't see that. What better way is there to get a good guy to say f*** it I'm off home.

Doesn't matter where the mystery guy is from, these clowns are from Scotland and are the reason why we get scoffed by the world. The so called friendly Scots are not that friendly when half a ton of Buckie is down their neck. CCTV images are good so it ought not to be too difficult if EJ makes complaint that is!!

Go PSS Go GMP!

Jim
    EDIT: Thinking about it, what on earth was the Head of Security at the RFU thinking about in allowing him to travel this way on a day where there were known volatile groups transferring through the stations. I can only assume advice was ignored, if given at all. HoS has a lot to answer for.

EDIT2: No I've not been on the Buckie myself, but this is another reason why my country is embarrassing: Independence Crap, Sports Fans and Religious Bigotry
    Last edited by Jimmcb; 1st March 2018 at 18:29.

Hate crime?

English football fans giving abuse to the England Rugby Coach... Is that a hate crime , or does it only work one way in your narrow nationalistic mind ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    English football fans giving abuse to the England Rugby Coach... Is that a hate crime , or does it only work one way in your narrow nationalistic mind ?
    Watch the vid Zippy. for me they spake with broad Scots tongue. It might have been kiwis giving an Oz a hardy mind

Watch the vid Zippy. for me they spake with broad Scots tongue. It might have been kiwis giving an Oz a hardy mind
    The video was from the train going to Manchester. He was also abused when he was on the train to London.

More than a coincidence Man Utd were playing Chelsea at Old Trafford and fans from both sides were going to/going home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Andyg
    No sign of that £50 bet being paid into Eddies fundraiser yet.
    Don't be shy now.

Not shy as I have already paid. - as I have already stated.
    Last edited by Andyg; 1st March 2018 at 21:33.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

No idea, but perhaps you can share your wisdom. By the way a definition of a hate crime is as follows just in case you were not sure.
    hate crime
    noun

• a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"legislation to stiffen penalties for persons convicted of hate crimes"

[/COLOR]

Or a bit of banter?

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The point is the number of people/kids who actually play rugby.
    In Scottish state schools/comprehensives Rugby is not taught played except in the borders where it has a tradition.On top of that it is played at the private schools in Scotland.Obviously in Wales it is more of a traditional sport and is played in the state schools hence higher playing numbers.
    It shouldn't really be that difficult to understand.
    Obviously you can't base everything on playing numbers otherwise England would continually be the world's top team but it does make a considerable difference to the talent pool.

On the Eddie Jones thing that is obviously an embarrassment to anybody Scottish and would make any right minded individual cringe.
    still don't see your point. So what if Scotland has fewer players. It's as if you are trying to make excuses for Scotland very poor record over the last 17 years (Rugby). Scotland did really well on Saturday, so why not simply enjoy it, rather than say they did really well despite a smaller pool of player. Do you think that Italy, Tonga, Fiji, Japan,etc use that excuse?

BTW Fiji managed to win the Rugby Sevens Olympic Gold and its population is about 20% of that of Scotland.

Time to move on and focus on the rest of the Championship I feel.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^^
    Andy in all seriousness I think most here have moved on from the match (not the appalling way a few drunk assholes from up here treated wee EJ) but you will continue to boil a lot of folks piss with the patronising and arrogant one liners of which many English people are accused of - you have to be non English to understand.

Now sadly I can see where my own remarks here could let you go if you so choose, but it’s the wee glib, crass remarks eg 17 years of no success, that drags you down into dark places. But then you won’t see it that way will you? So I’ve just spent time here fuelling your ire! Banter is good fun and natural between opposing fans please don’t take it to where it ought not to go.

All the very best Andy and keep enjoying the rugby at the many places you do with your lad.

Jim

^^^^^
    Andy in all seriousness I think most here have moved on from the match (not the appalling way a few drunk assholes from up here treated wee EJ) but you will continue to boil a lot of folks piss with the patronising and arrogant one liners of which many English people are accused of - you have to be non English to understand.

Now sadly I can see where my own remarks here could let you go if you so choose, but it’s the wee glib, crass remarks eg 17 years of no success, that drags you down into dark places. But then you won’t see it that way will you? So I’ve just spent time here fuelling your ire! Banter is good fun and natural between opposing fans please don’t take it to where it ought not to go.

All the very best Andy and keep enjoying the rugby at the many places you do with your lad.

Jim
    i am glad you can see your own double standards and use of glib one liners. I especially enjoyed the " "patronising and arrogant one liners of which many English people are accused of" - very funny. A bit like me saying the racist drunken and thuggish behaviour of which many Scottish people are accused of.

But we are all big boys and girls here and what actually matters is the enjoyment and entertainment of the sport and the manner in which it is conducted by the players and the fans.

At the End of the day history will judge success or otherwise of team's, players and coaches, hence why my attention is really more on 2019 especially given England's poor performance in 2015.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    But you're spot on Andy and we Scots don't deny or support the very real fact we have arseholes who act like that and we despise them more than anyone, just as the English have their arseholes who are arrogant and patronising which is a fact is it not.

Anyway, we are way of subject. Great result for the Scots who thumped England at long last in a really great match with great crowd. Like an MOT (which is only good at the time its written), right now Scotland are the team to beat.

Have a good weekend Andy - hope you're not too badly affected by the weather wherever you are

Jim

i am glad you can see your own double standards and use of glib one liners. I especially enjoyed the " "patronising and arrogant one liners of which many English people are accused of" - very funny. A bit like me saying the racist drunken and thuggish behaviour of which many Scottish people are accused of.

But we are all big boys and girls here and what actually matters is the enjoyment and entertainment of the sport and the manner in which it is conducted by the players and the fans.

At the End of the day history will judge success or otherwise of team's, players and coaches, hence why my attention is really more on 2019 especially given England's poor performance in 2015.

No idea, but perhaps you can share your wisdom. By the way a definition of a hate crime is as follows just in case you were not sure.
    hate crime
    noun

• a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"legislation to stiffen penalties for persons convicted of hate crimes"

[/COLOR]

Or a bit of banter?

Well that's interesting, you accept that the English fans travelling from Manchester to London are guilty of a hate crime against the Australian coach ?

Can't have double standards now can we.

Anyway, don't know why you're getting so hot and bothered about, knowing Scotland, they'll probably beat Ireland and get thrashed off Italy. As for England, I fully expect them to have an easy victory against France.

Well that's interesting, you accept that the English fans travelling from Manchester to London are guilty of a hate crime against the Australian coach ?

Can't have double standards now can we.

Anyway, don't know why you're getting so hot and bothered about, knowing Scotland, they'll probably beat Ireland and get thrashed off Italy. As for England, I fully expect them to have an easy victory against France.
    No double standards here. It doesn't matter where it was Scottish or English fan, it was their motivation that was the problem, and that it was perpetrated by their own irrational hatred.

As for getting hot a bothered, I am not. It wasnt me that linked the news about Eddie was it, but it was you who suggested it was Fans returning from the Chelsea MUFC game. Attempted deflection - much!

Friedrich Nietzsche

But you're spot on Andy and we Scots don't deny or support the very real fact we have arseholes who act like that and we despise them more than anyone, just as the English have their arseholes who are arrogant and patronising which is a fact is it not.

Anyway, we are way of subject. Great result for the Scots who thumped England at long last in a really great match with great crowd. Like an MOT (which is only good at the time its written), right now Scotland are the team to beat.

Have a good weekend Andy - hope you're not too badly affected by the weather wherever you are

Jim
    we certainly have our fair share of arseholes, but nobody suggested we didn't. I would however like Scotland to stop referring to the English as the Old enemy. So negative and simply re-enforced bigotry.

Anyway, see whether Scotland can reproduce their performance against Ireland. I certainly hope so.

The weather here is bad. My son's match against Devizes has already been called off and training cancelled because of the frozen ground. We are however going to the Rec on 9th to watch Bath Vs Saints in the Anglo Welsh Cup. Hopefully Rocco will be playing as his nephew is our Scum Half.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Did that £50 bet ever get paid ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Popcorn moment. Read further back.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

yes, yes and thrice yes.

Friedrich Nietzsche

yes, yes and thrice yes.
    You keep saying yes, but is there any proof?

It's starts again.

Following on from the disappointing performance of Eddies Gang at Murrayfield, England travel to France to face their rather large pack and mercurial backs. Not an easy trip especially following the battering they got in Scotland, however I am convinced England cannot play ant worse, so will tip them for a narrow win.

Wales/Italy - no brainer. Got to be Wales by many.

Ireland/Scotland - the game of the weekend for me. Scotland looking to maintain momentum and Ireland in sniffing distance of a possible championship and grand slam. Could be a snorter. However because of the venue, I think Ireland will have a slight edge even if Scotland play as well against England.

Should be a good weekend.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    Let’s hope it is Andy and one that has a few surprises.

Right now the form of the previous round seems to have had no bearing on the matches being played on the day.

I’m sure we’ll all be back here over the weekend with good chat, views and counter views.

I’m going for France, Wales and Scoireland 😜😜

Jim

It's starts again.

Following on from the disappointing performance of Eddies Gang at Murrayfield, England travel to France to face their rather large pack and mercurial backs. Not an easy trip especially following the battering they got in Scotland, however I am convinced England cannot play ant worse, so will tip them for a narrow win.

Wales/Italy - no brainer. Got to be Wales by many.

Ireland/Scotland - the game of the weekend for me. Scotland looking to maintain momentum and Ireland in sniffing distance of a possible championship and grand slam. Could be a snorter. However because of the venue, I think Ireland will have a slight edge even if Scotland play as well against England.

Should be a good weekend.

Craftsman
    Glad George is in for Hartley and Daly is back but a little apprehensive about Watson’s defence at FB. Think Simmonds should be at 7 in the absence of Underhill with Robshaw at 6 and Itoje dropped to the bench as he’s been looking a little leggy. T’eo in the 13 channel should help defensively against Basteraud.

As a neutral, I think the England back three looks like a great combination. Daly is an excellent player, with wheels to spare and an intelligent reading of the game. Plus he's a useful long range kicking option. Watson is a big improvement over Brown at 15 IMHO. And May is great going forward, if a bit dodgy in defence.

I'm a little confused why the back row wasn't changed considering they were so poor against Scotland. I'm guessing there aren't too many options if he has to resort to Haskell on the bench.

On the Wales front, Gatland picking a bit of a B team means it's going to be much harder work against Italy and it's definitely a possible banana skin. But the experience may be of benefit in the long run for the players involved.

Ireland vs Scotland is really hard to call and I'm really looking forward to watching it from a neutral purist's point of view.

Just wondering!........

If the Jocks do a number on the Micks and the Frogs give the Limey's a hiding in Paris this arvo and then the Taffs give the Ities a hammering tomorrow in Cardiff, that will/should mean that Wales go top with a chance to win the championship

See what gives later 👍🏼

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Glad George is in for Hartley and Daly is back but a little apprehensive about Watson’s defence at FB. Think Simmonds should be at 7 in the absence of Underhill with Robshaw at 6 and Itoje dropped to the bench as he’s been looking a little leggy. T’eo in the 13 channel should help defensively against Basteraud.
    He could hit him with his plaster cast.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Why are we kicking penalties when we need 4 tries?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Why are we kicking penalties when we need 4 tries?

In an effort not to lose the game?

Craftsman
    A bonus point, 20 point win for Ireland was not reflective of the game, given that Scotland butchered so many opportunities, but the ’overall result was fair I think.

Still trying to figure out if I like the bonus point system in the 6N. England had won the tournament with a week to spare last year - had that ever happened before the bonus points came in?

Quote Originally Posted by welshlad View Post
    On the Wales front, Gatland picking a bit of a B team means it's going to be much harder work against Italy and it's definitely a possible banana skin. But the experience may be of benefit in the long run for the players involved.
    Yep, with a RWC next year, and realistically no championship to play for (at time of selection), it's time to work on the squad depth.

Throwing into a lineout
    Law 18.22. The player throwing in the ball stands on the mark of touch with both feet outside the field of play.
    The thrower must not step into the field of play until the ball has been thrown.

Sanction: Option of lineout or scrum.

At 17h52 GMT:

Last edited by PickleB; 10th March 2018 at 19:32. Reason: add "Law 18."

Craftsman
    So you're saying the ref didn't happen to catch everything? BTW, the ref just missed a dummy throw by the English hooker at a much more critical time
    Last edited by Eoin; 10th March 2018 at 19:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    So you're saying the ref didn't happen to catch everything?
    No...his assistant / touch judge. I thought that would be within his remit as they generally stand behind the thrower...and if I can see it on TV, it must have been a bit obvious.

Maybe this is like Law 19.16.f..."Straight along the middle line"? I don't know enough about the game to have an opinion on that point.

Oh well, England and Eddie will have to satisfy themselves with back to back championships, but that's history now.

I watched the Scotland and Ireland and saw the difference that a excellent referee can make tothe flow of the game. To me Wayne Barnes was the man of the match. Unfortunately in the England France game the ref was awful. Not his knowledge of the game, but once again the consistency shown. A special mention to the Linesman who completely bottled it with the Daly "push", and the TMO for the penality try - crazy times.

However congratulations to Ireland on a worthy championship win.

Friedrich Nietzsche

England seem to have lost their team cohesion and were poor but thought the ref particularly in the
    first have was really poor. I think virtually at ever penalty they conceded for holding on, which
    was quite a few, there was a French player lying on the wrong said and not moving. They might not have been actually in the ruck/maul but they didn’t move and obstructed/ slowed England players clearing out.

Apprentice
    As an Ireland fan this is a great result.
    Role on next weekend for a St Patrick's day Grand slam hopefully

Master
    England have poor discipline. You play the ref and don't give him decisions. Once you get pinged a lot it will just keep happening. They also seem to have lost their attacking mojo. Too much ball to a standing player who isn’t going to get anywhere. Ireland look a team who know what they are doing at all times. Though tbf Scotland missed so many passes at crucial points in the game.

Congratulations to Ireland on a deserved 6 nations. Easily the most consistent team over the period. Ireland v Scotland was a great game to watch with two teams playing high tempo rugby. Scotland had their opportunities but unlike in the last game they played, the final pass alluded them.

Once again though, England concededed a high number of penalties (16), so in their last three games, with three seperate referees their indiscipline has hindered them. That cannot be a coincidence.

Once again though, England concededed a high number of penalties (16), so in their last three games, with three seperate referees their indiscipline has hindered them. That cannot be a coincidence.
    You don’t get it. If England wins the ref is OK. If they lose he is poor, partisan and not fit to referee a national league, let alone an international.

I seem to remember a time where the ref was part of the game and players and spectators alike would move on after the final whistle.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

FFS.....England get well beaten, and it's everyone's fault bar the team that just didn't perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You don’t get it. If England wins the ref is OK. If they lose he is poor, partisan and not fit to referee a national league, let alone an international.

I seem to remember a time where the ref was part of the game and players and spectators alike would move on after the final whistle.

Err not true. England has won 20 out of its last 23 games, but the ref'ing has still been critised. Wasnt Steve Walsh critised so much that the RFU dropped him from their list? Do did you think they just listened to me

But you are right, however it won't stop people from having an opinion will it. This of course includes you, who also expressed an opinion on the Welsh NO try if I remember correctly. But if you believe that the lineman was correct in penalising Daly for his "push" and for the award of the penality try then it just demonstrates a lack of knowledge about the game. Even Paul O'Connell questioned these decisions (and a few others), but of course you know better.

But don't get me wrong I seriously don't care about the quality of refereeing proving it's safe, what bothers me is the inconsistency shown. Also has it not occurred that these England players play week in and week out in the Aviva Prem, etc, games by many of the same referees without this problem.

Not that it matters now.

any now the focus must turn to next weekend and whether Ireland are good enough to beat England at HQ.
    Last edited by Andyg; 10th March 2018 at 21:57.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tatschris81 View Post
    As an Ireland fan this is a great result.
    Role on next weekend for a St Patrick's day Grand slam hopefully

+1 ,though at that exact moment will be on route to USA but as it's an Air Lingus flight I'm sure will keep us updated on the score.

Master
    Even Paul O'Connell questioned these decisions (and a few others), but of course you know better.
    For every Paul O’Connell there’s a Jeremy Guscott who had the opposite view and was convinced it was a penalty try according to the laws as written.

England are just under par at the moment, but they’ll be back I’m sure, and will be tough opponents for next years RWC. The last two defeats may even do them some good in the longer term.

Well done Ireland, deserving champions!