closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 6 Nations

Posted to FaceBook by one of the local PSNI pages. Just thought I’d share :-).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Ho ho ho. Ya beauty. Right up em. Let’s get the popcorn out and watch the excuses and other nonsense flow like a sewer.

England ego not just dented but holed.

There will be many many petted lips and big huffies in Scotland’s capital city tonight.

Can’t stop laughing at the size of result.

Jim

Master
    Blog Entries
    Oh it’s me alright BP. You took the bait well. As expected actually. You’re worse than me, much worse.

Seriously, great to hear from you and hope you’re all safe and well down there.

The Scots won handsomely today and England could do nothing at all about it, so let us revel a wee bit please. We won’t go on to talk world cups though! It’s doesnt happen too often so I’m making hay while sun shines.

Stick in BP, thanks for writing, and if you wanna buy or sell anything let me know. I’ll sell you a Calcutta cup if you fancy cos you can’t buy them for at least 12 months.

Jim

Oh it’s me alright BP. You took the bait well. As expected actually. You’re worse than me, much worse.

Seriously, great to hear from you and hope you’re all safe and well down there.

The Scots won handsomely today and England could do nothing at all about it, so let us revel a wee bit please. We won’t go on to talk world cups though! It’s doesnt happen too often so I’m making hay while sun shines.

Stick in BP, thanks for writing, and if you wanna buy or sell anything let me know. I’ll sell you a Calcutta cup if you fancy cos you can’t buy them for at least 12 months.

Jim
    Enjoy the evening, Jim! Revel away!

It was a fair result.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

It was a fair result.
    Thanks. And you BP.

All the very best and keep safe and well.

Jim

Craftsman
    Scotland put in the performance they’ve been threatening for a couple of years. England very poor and didn’t read Owens at all well though unsure why the TMO didn’t highlight Wilson scratching at Hughes eyes during their handbags.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcrugbyu...681920/video/1

Craftsman
    Painful- but England really didn’t deserve to win. I doubt it was complacency- but they were a pale shadow of their usual selves.

Master
    Suddenly Nigel Owens is the worst referee ever. Interesting!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I didn’t actually say that, though he was quite variable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    I didn’t actually say that, though he was quite variable.
    Sorry, I never said you did. Seems that social media is awash with anti-Owens comments right now.

Owens was poor but even if he'd had a perfect game as referee Scotland still would have won. They played well, they'd have beaten any team today so let's give them the credit they deserve. How on earth that was the same team that got spanked by Wales I don't know - must be frustrating for the Scotland fans. Well done Scotland and I thought the winning margin was fair as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post

I don't think anyone has said that. All I said was I was pissed off at some ref'ing inconsistencies. Like Feet in touch being missed, being off their feet at the break down.

nigel is a great ref, but having him ref a England Scotland game is crazy.

Not that it makes any difference now.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

It was a fair result.

Indeed, lets hope he does not have to wait another 10 years

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I don't think anyone has said that. All I said was I was pissed off at some ref'ing inconsistencies. Like Feet in touch being missed, being off their feet at the break down.

Rather surprisingly a lot of people are.

Craftsman

Fully agree with this. Need to put it behind us put a big points difference on the French, hope Scotland hose Ireland and then aim for a bonus point against the Irish but think that’s a long shot and can’t see it happening.

Master
    Ok
    Just in from the pub
    AndyG I take it you're £50 bet is firmly ensconced in Eddies fundraiser,
    If not get it done.
    Scotland I wish you had believed more in the 2nd half and we could have really won by a big margin but a victory is a victory.
    Ireland are the best Northern hemisphere team with England,Scotland and Wales a close second IMO.

Master
    England v Ireland is going to be titanic and I fancy Ireland.

Master
    Andy G! Andy G what hath become of you ?
    Does anybody else in here feel the way I do ?

To the dulcet tones of Pink Floyd The Wall(Vera)

Master
    unsure why the TMO didn’t highlight Wilson scratching at Hughes eyes during their handbags.
    Or why didn't anyone pick up he was strangling the scots player. England were arrogant and they got there arses kicked, maybe they'll wake up the next game.

Sour grapes, or is that just a bitter Limey slant? 😂

Jim? Is that really you, so far from Sales Corner? I can't do anything other than commend Scotland on the result, they outplayed England and looked as though they wanted it more, so no complaints. Besides, we had a good laugh at "the size of the result" at Twickenham last year. 40 points, as I recall. Same again next year, I expect - Scotland don't travel too well.

Enjoy it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    ...maybe they'll wake up the next game.
    I’d rather they waited a little longer
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    The Scots would have beaten anyone playing like that. Blown away by just how good they were.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Ok
    Just in from the pub
    AndyG I take it you're £50 bet is firmly ensconced in Eddies fundraiser,
    If not get it done.
    Scotland I wish you had believed more in the 2nd half and we could have really won by a big margin but a victory is a victory.
    Ireland are the best Northern hemisphere team with England,Scotland and Wales a close second IMO.

Hello, I am still here. I have just read this thread again, and to be honest I am in need of your assistance. Can you please link the post where I offered this bet.

Many thanks

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Hello, I am still here. I have just read this thread again, and to be honest I am in need of your assistance. Can you please link the post where I offered this bet.

Many thanks
    Go onto The Rugby Union Thread
    Your post replying to my offer-28th Nov2017

Here you go

Time to pay up Andy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy_Drage View Post
    Here you go

Pretty clear!

Master
    Andy
    I hope this has been of enough assistance for you.
    Easy to forget these things I suppose.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Penultimate sentence to save searching.

Scotland were well worth their win, especially with Hogg (world class) missing out. However just a couple of points to note.

Australia were poor, really really poor. I expected some push back following England's rather fortunate win last week, but they had nothing. A situation made worse playing with 14 men for 50 minutes and 13 for 8 minutes. They say that a yellow card is worth on average 7 points - so that equates to 35 conceded (excluding the Beale sin bin).

Its also worth noting that all the Southern Hemisphere teams were playing to rules that had not yet been introduced down under yet. In fact will not be introduced until 1st Jan.

Finally many of the team who beat NZ are few weeks ago were missing, those who did play looked as if they were already on the plane travelling home. That said Scotland did well and at the end of they day put the Aussies away.

Now in respect to my predictions, please note I have not made any for the 6 nations yet! However looking at the fixtures, England at home to Ireland and Wales, and away to Italy, France and Scotland, I think England will win it again. The hardest fixture will be Scotland at Murryfield without doubt. But as Eddie/England have shown, they have the ability to win - ugly if necessary, so providing we have a full strength squad should win, partly be virtue of a better bench of finishers. Scotland/Ireland will occupy the runner up spots.

Am i convinced? No, but I will take your the bet all the same.

As an an aside I watched my son play Devizes today and win 27 - 15 - much more satisfying than the 6 nations to be honest.

Andy
    It would be a shame if the fundraiser missed out, seems like a bet was made.

Master
    Has he gone?

Nice one for the fundraiser
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...=1#post4575584

I've got COP 50K riding on the England v Ireland match again, and on current form I'm not feeling too hopeful at not having to cough up two years on the trot.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Owens was poor but even if he'd had a perfect game as referee Scotland still would have won. They played well, they'd have beaten any team today so let's give them the credit they deserve. How on earth that was the same team that got spanked by Wales I don't know - must be frustrating for the Scotland fans. Well done Scotland and I thought the winning margin was fair as well.
    Agree with this. The problem is the NO criticism is coming across as English sour grapes, but he did have a rather inconsistent game and Scotland got more of the rub of the green than England. Doesn't take away from the fact the Scots were brilliant, exciting to watch, and England poor.

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Has he gone?
    Let's hope so, he's been an empty jersey for a long time.

Craftsman
    Scotland were very good and have found a great player in Jones.

England were carrying a lot of passengers. Only Robshaw and Farrell to a lesser extend looked like they wanted to win.

Hartley - totally anonymous, his time is up. Ford, MIA. Danny Care - slow and poor passing. Lawes not a 6.

Team for the France game:

15 - Watson
    14 - Nowell
    13 - Joseph
    12 - Teo
    11 - May
    10 - Farrell
    9 - Care

1 - Vunipola
    2 - George
    3 - Cole
    4 - Launchbury
    5 - Itoje
    6 - Robshaw
    7 - Underhill
    8 - Hughes

Jocks are going to have a heck of a hangover to get past before Ireland this weekend!

Sent them hame tae think again

Andy

Thanks for that, yes I had forgotten as it was 4 months ago

Donation of £50 has been made as agreed.

Plus as i previous said well done to Scotland on a well deserved win. Hopefully they will pay a greater part in the 6 Nations for some years to come and this was not a freak result.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by paule23 View Post
    Agree with this. The problem is the NO criticism is coming across as English sour grapes, but he did have a rather inconsistent game and Scotland got more of the rub of the green than England. Doesn't take away from the fact the Scots were brilliant, exciting to watch, and England poor.

What worries me more is that Owens is ref'ing the England/Ireland so all this criticism of Owen might effect the outcome of the game and championship.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Has he gone?

No he hasn't. Just busy doing other things.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    No he hasn't. Just busy doing other things.

What worries me more is that Owens is ref'ing the England/Ireland so all this criticism of Owen might effect the outcome of the game and championship.

Well England might get lucky and get an incompetent TMO just like they did against Wales, so all's not lost 'ol bean.
    Last edited by zippy; 26th February 2018 at 19:27.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Well England might get lucky and get an incompetent TMO just like they did against Wales, so all's not lost 'ol bean.

Time to let it go. Otherwise you might have to watch the whole match again and question every decision made, every penality awarded and every point scored.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Thanks for that, yes I had forgotten as it was 4 months ago

Donation of £50 has been made as agreed.

Plus as i previous said well done to Scotland on a well deserved win. Hopefully they will pay a greater part in the 6 Nations for some years to come and this was not a freak result.
    The thing with Scottish rugby Andy is that we have a tiny playing pool to choose from in comparison to England and the other nations too apart from maybe Italy.
    Good coaching and a good level of fitness can of course help bridge the gap but we will always struggle in the raw physicality that England can choose from.
    The stars are aligning a bit at the moment when we seem to have a decent amount of talent coming through at the one time which we haven't had for a while.As long as Townsend is the coach we hope he is(I would have stuck with Vern)then hopefully we might indeed provide a challenge in the next few years but we will need to be lucky with injuries etc as we obviously don't have the strength in depth of other nations.
    I think a few comments ago somebody said Scotland would have beaten anyone in that form.I actually disagree with that and I think thats why England are a good team as opposed to a great team.
    I imagine The All Blacks would have found a way to win that one as thats what great teams do.
    Anyway here's to an exiting couple of weeks rugby which is what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Actually very impressed with Eddie Jones comments after the match. Gave great praise to Scotland and no excuses about his own team. Pity his captain and couple of other players had to mention the Ref although interviewing them just after the match means tempers may be high.
    Scotland were very good but we have to remember we are one or two injuries from disaster. If Russell, Barclay and Watson were lost we might struggle to find adequate replacements. Bet the English were sick of seeing Barclay and Watson competing every time.

Jones at least never made any excuses which was fair play to him, as for the England players they should look at their own disciplinary record over the last two games. Ten penalties conceded against Wales (Wales had 2) and thirteen against Scotland (7). Perhaps it's time they looked at themselves instead of blaming other's. Two different games and two different referee's.

Jeremy Guscott nailed it in the aftermatch comments, saying England have to play at their own place and do their own thing. Scotland denied them that. They kept the tempo high and forced England onto the back foot especially in the first half. England had no answer or a plan B, which would concern me if I was an England fan.

As for the Scotland players, at least Scotland are begining to produce world class players, Ten years ago you'd be struggling to name one world class Scottish player, so at least they are on the right track.
    Last edited by zippy; 27th February 2018 at 17:45.

Master
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Wise words but not sure the very good sense it brings will be listened to.

Apparently there are just under 2,000,000 registered rugby players in England and just under 40,000 in Scotland.

Barring France I think England has the biggest pool to select from anywhere in the world of so called top tier rugby. So if they cant get success from both the money that number draws in or the level of coaching then something’s wrong. In fact England’s inconsistency needs explaining where the likes of NZ SA or Aus have been doing it for years all the time with lesser numbers.

Jim

Master
    Actually very impressed with Eddie Jones comments after the match. Gave great praise to Scotland and no excuses about his own team. Pity his captain and couple of other players had to mention the Ref although interviewing them just after the match means tempers may be high.
    Scotland were very good but we have to remember we are one or two injuries from disaster. If Russell, Barclay and Watson were lost we might struggle to find adequate replacements. Bet the English were sick of seeing Barclay and Watson competing every time.

^^^^^^^^^
    Wise words but not sure the very good sense it brings will be listened to.

Apparently there are just under 2,000,000 registered rugby players in England and just under 40,000 in Scotland.

Barring France I think England has the biggest pool to select from anywhere in the world of so called top tier rugby. So if they cant get success from both the money that number draws in or the level of coaching then something’s wrong. In fact England’s inconsistency needs explaining where the likes of NZ SA or Aus have been doing it for years all the time with lesser numbers.

Jim

Lol, 2,000,000 registered players eh, but how many of them are under the age of 16? The vast majority I imagine. How many continue to play after 16 at a competive level. When my son started playing at 7, his team could manage 40+ players (all registered btw). At 15, his team had to combine with another team in order to field a complete squad. Our colts team (under 18) has 6 players!

Sorry I don't buy the numbers argument. It's not about quantity - it's about quality and coaching and this is why NZ are so good. But if you don't think Scotland can field a competitive team going forward perhaps they should merge with Wales (who have a similar population). No thought not . So it just sounds like an excuse for performing badly. A bit like me moaning that England is crap at curling because we don't have any players. Lame!

as for Aus, SA and NZ - the only really consistent team is NZ. SA and Aus are struggling, just as NZ will do in the future, because boys are playing more football at school, partly because parents don't want their children playing rugby. It's already happened at my son's school.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    PMSL

the points you make in the first para are the same the word over not just England Andy. surely your research at your boys school will have proven that?

And if its all about playing badly like England did on Saturday, why doesn't England merge with Italy then they will have a sharp cutting edge rather than being a blunt trauma instrument (nope didn't thing so either). As for fielding a competitive team going forward, they trounced England on Saturday and are looking much better going forward than England are. Has Eddie Jones had his day perhaps?

And we agree on the numbers notion. But by laws of averages, England must surely be able to get SOME quality out of their 2 million, more chance obviously than any other country irrespective of coaching. Some of the best players are those who have natural flair and coaching came later for them - coaching makes teams not individuals.

Enjoy the school boy rugby Andy

Cheers

Jim

Lol, 2,000,000 registered players eh, but how many of them are under the age of 16? The vast majority I imagine. How many continue to play after 16 at a competive level. When my son started playing at 7, his team could manage 40+ players (all registered btw). At 15, his team had to combine with another team in order to field a complete squad. Our colts team (under 18) has 6 players!

Sorry I don't buy the numbers argument. It's not about quantity - it's about quality and coaching and this is why NZ are so good. But if you don't think Scotland can field a competitive team going forward perhaps they should merge with Wales (who have a similar population). No thought not . So it just sounds like an excuse for performing badly. A bit like me moaning that England is crap at curling because we don't have any players. Lame!

as for Aus, SA and NZ - the only really consistent team is NZ. SA and Aus are struggling, just as NZ will do in the future, because boys are playing more football at school, partly because parents don't want their children playing rugby. It's already happened at my son's school.

PMSL

the points you make in the first para are the same the word over not just England Andy. surely your research at your boys school will have proven that?

And if its all about playing badly like England did on Saturday, why doesn't England merge with Italy then they will have a sharp cutting edge rather than being a blunt trauma instrument (nope didn't thing so either). As for fielding a competitive team going forward, they trounced England on Saturday and are looking much better going forward than England are. Has Eddie Jones had his day perhaps?

And we agree on the numbers notion. But by laws of averages, England must surely be able to get SOME quality out of their 2 million, more chance obviously than any other country irrespective of coaching. Some of the best players are those who have natural flair and coaching came later for them - coaching makes teams not individuals.

Enjoy the school boy rugby Andy

Cheers

Jim
    you are making the point that it's more difficult for Scotland because they have few players, but so what. Or are you suggesting Scotland has a smaller population than Wales.?

The simple fact remains England had a bad day at the office and lost one game to a better team. Shit happens, just has it has on numerous times in the past. It's what makes sport interesting.

Alas it seems that Scotland have been underperforming since the start of the 6 Nations when compared with the likes of Wales and Ireland, but are you suggesting this is England fault because they have a bigger population?

Friedrich Nietzsche

Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.