closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Composing/ music/ score programme

Composing/ music/ score programme

My son wants a suitable composition software. A colleague suggested Sibelius, but the reviews suggest a lot of issues with the developers. Another synthesiagame.com. Any recommendations?
    My lad is 12, and quite accomplished.

Master
    I know lots of composers that use it with no problems.
    If it's 7 or 8 it will be stable.
    Now that it's owned by Avid it will also work alongside other Avid products like Pro-tools.
    I use Sib 7 and have had no problems at all.
    I'm no expert on Sib, but Happy to answer any other questions.

Sibelius all the way buddy, then look at eastwest for the orchestra packages.

I've always used Finale, but honestly think Sibelius would be more user friendly for a young person.

You can download Finale for a free 30 day trial, and see how he finds it. If it's OK then probably get one of their lower versions as he probably won't need all the features in the full version and save a few hundred £'s ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by trisdg View Post
    I've always used Finale, but honestly think Sibelius would be more user friendly for a young person.

You can download Finale for a free 30 day trial, and see how he finds it. If it's OK then probably get one of their lower versions as he probably won't need all the features in the full version and save a few hundred £'s ;-)
    Thanks for the tip, will check it out..

Master
    It depends on how your son is planning to input the score. If he is planning to use a midi device then Sibelius and Finale are a good choices, on the other hand if he is planning to enter the notation by hand then I would recommend Staffpad which has a great approach to accurately and quickly entering music notation. However I think to get the best out of this Staffpad you may need a Microsoft Surface device.

https://www.staffpad.net/

It would something compatible with an Imac...