closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for watch information

Apprentice

Looking for watch information

Ladies watch approx 25mm diameter, given to me approx 35 years ago it still works but unfortunately a number of years back it went in to a jeweller to get a loose hand attached and they wrecked the dial , to be fair the dial was previously `crazed` but they managed to make some fall off. Also one hinge needs reattaching.

I accept that cost versus value makes this a nonviable restoration although my wife still does on occasion wear it. I believe the case to be silver.

So just out of interest can anyone supply information regarding the watch date/maker etc. quality of movement.

move.JPG

L watch A.jpg

Others will be a lot more clued up than me but I believe that Rolco were mid market watches marketed by Rolex. Intended to be just as reliable but at a more moderate price. A lot of dealers now claim that these are Rolex pieces but the movements were, I believe, supplied to Rolex who may have modified them slightly. That would make them more of an olden Tudor type watch. Age wise I would suggest 1920-30’s. A very nice piece to have and great that it’s still working.

Shame about the dial, looking at where it is damage it looks like the dial feet have been forced.
    Marks look like 1926 and George Stockwell could be the importer, movement looks OK nothing super special but good mid range Swiss of the period.
    One option for the dial is to find a replacement could be cheaper than a repair?
    Last edited by animalone; 9th December 2017 at 21:41.