closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to post on BP

Unable to post on BP

Not that it’s a big issue, I read many things there but rarely feel inclined to add anything as most opinions seem to be covered

However, I did want to reply to a thread thia morning but found that I was unable to add either a response nor to start a new thread.

Did I miss something somewhere?

Thanks all

Richard

It’s over. Probably for the best.

Anyone got a copy?

Blog Entries
    Anyone know why? Not grumbling, just enquiring.

Being discussed in the bullingdon along with kids tv programmes from the seventies
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Russians?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Do you know,I’ve only just realised that it’s no longer on the front page - I’ve just landed in NY and was surfing awhile whilst waiting for breakfast so my tablet was on an old version of the homepage, which is why I could see the section, but refreshing it fixed everything - no more BP!

Thanks for the input chaps

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

Agreed, hopefully people will respect the rules of the G&D - no politics, no regilion and no being a d*ck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Russians?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Most likely

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm sure MOST of us can carry on without the BP, after all it's a watch forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Amen to that !! :)

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Still feel a need to score one more point in your vendetta, I see.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow what happened? When did that get scrapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Still feel a need to score one more point in your vendetta, I see.
    Whatever happened in the BP should stay in the BP, I reckon.

Anyhow, perhaps we will see more posting elsewhere as a result of the closure. Which would be nice.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Wow what happened? When did that get scrapped?
    Keyboard warriors. Threats of violence. Threats of legal action. Gross stupidity. Name calling. Swearing. Vendettas.

The usual thing.

It's not been scrapped in entirety, just removed from the menu. Possibly intentional, possibly not?

So if, for example, you search for the phrase "Bear Pit" you will see all the threads in the Search Results. Click on any of them and the contents are still there.

Whilst you cannot add any new posts you can still enjoy the old ones!

Master
    I quite liked The Draft Thread and Runner Spotting. With no / limited rules it did get a bit adversarial. Not sure whether it’s permanent or temporary.

Banned
    For the sake of some people on here I hope it's closed for good. It's just a troll fest. Starts with a bit of trolling, then some argumentative people come in feeding the trolls, then start trolling the trolls.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Keyboard warriors. Threats of violence. Threats of legal action. Gross stupidity. Name calling. Swearing. Vendettas.

The usual thing.
    I don't see why it should be closed. I'll just say I very rarely entered in there as it didn't really interest me but I could see how entertaining it could be. By the sounds of it Its another case of everyone has to suffer because of the minority. If you can't handle it or get offended easily then stay out. I'm sure we're all adults and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Whatever happened in the BP should stay in the BP, I reckon.

Anyhow, perhaps we will see more posting elsewhere as a result of the closure. Which would be nice.

R
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I don't see why it should be closed. I'll just say I very rarely entered in there as it didn't really interest me but I could see how entertaining it could be. By the sounds of it Its another case of everyone has to suffer because of the minority. If you can't handle it or get offended easily then stay out. I'm sure we're all adults and all that.
    I agree with much of that.The BP contained most of the toxicity that an on-line community can generate, even if it did occasionally spill out into other sections. I looked on it as a safety valve on a lightly moderated forum. I'm sure Mr. P had had enough of all the nonsense. It may reappear, it may never - only one man knows.

Oh well - plenty of other forums for that sort of thing.

Seemed like a lot of the 'contributors' to The Draft Thread - didn't post much on the actual 'watch stuff'

Losing the entire BP......... who cares.

Blog Entries
    Not questioning the Boss in any way but 6 or 8 bans would have probably sorted it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Not questioning the Boss in any way but 6 or 8 bans would have probably sorted it.
    +1 Spot on

Always the same idiots spoiling it for us all in the bear pit, some good debates turnt into personal
    vendettas. Individual bans for those involved would have been much fairer.

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    +1 Spot on

Always the same idiots spoiling it for us all in the bear pit, some good debates turnt into personal
    Absolutely. You have to question the mental health of some of the individuals involved.

Even after Eddie said he was closing the BP one of the usual suspects was still there calling people the c word.
    Some of them are allegedly professional people!

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    +1 Spot on

Not to disagree about "the same idiots" but, from my perspective as an infrequent visitor/contributor to the BP, it seemed that there were very few good debates but rather circular, repetitive and so lengthy disagreements that were never likely to reach any conclusion, or leave a positive impression on any of the contributors or passive readers.

Blog Entries
    Something specific happened which was a step ‘way too far’ and Eddie quite rightly just pulled it.
    Whether you agree or not, it is Eddie’s ball, end of.

The writing was on the BP wall after Captain Howdy rather unfairly got the boot.

Grand Master
    I rarely visited, it could be very amusing but all too often it was full of banal squabbling, usually by the same handful of protagonists.

I’m glad it’s gone, should’ve happened years ago.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I agree with much of that.The BP contained most of the toxicity that an on-line community can generate, even if it did occasionally spill out into other sections. I looked on it as a safety valve on a lightly moderated forum. I'm sure Mr. P had had enough of all the nonsense. It may reappear, it may never - only one man knows.
    I think bp was good idea
    I think it had moved from containing toxicity to encouraging it.
    I think it will come back

What is BP anyway?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    What is BP anyway?
    Large petrol company formerly known as anglo persian

O bear pit, o bear pit,
    How your absence is mourned,
    Strong views aired within,
    Some members were scorned.

Was it rows or blue language
    That caused its demise?
    Some threads were offensive,
    But one I surmise,

The nail in the coffin--
    It's hard to refute--
    Was Velorum's perverted
    Exposé: hirsute.

A simple plan though,
    To avoid the closure;
    Would've seen off old Vel
    And reduced our exposure

To his pecadillos.
    All hail, this is it!
    Simply rebrand the forum--
    Its new name: the bare pit!

I do realise that pits n pelts isn't in the bear pit, but cut me some slack... :)

So I can't even let you guys alone for two days?

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Large petrol company formerly known as anglo persian
    Dude
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    There have been temporary bans before but I have to say, that last thread was vile and contained all that is bad about the BP in my opinion. I don't get involved for the most part but I felt genuinely sad for the forum. It's not what it's about for me.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Definitely. At least one was a malignant tumour with no interest in watches, whose sole goal was to poison every single discussion.

Blog Entries
    My last post was a good night I’m going to sleep post, well what do you know.
    Now let’s find a watch, camera and a hairy wrist......
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

A curfew would have kept the BP relatively nontoxic, either that or keyboards fitted with breathalysers. ;-)

Debate, generally, went along fine during daytime but got heated in the evenings, would occasionally boil over and (very) occasionally would be closed down for a while. The latter events were akin to a punch-up on the football field, whereby playing the ball was replaced by playing the man and the ball became superfluous.

I think it will return sometime, though perhaps with one or two players being benched: the 'usual suspects', the punch-up instigators.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I guess a question I thought the collective minds of TZUK could answer for me will have to go unasked. I wanted to ask a question that related to religious practices, but from a secular position. I suppose I'll have to rely on the great God Google now :-(

A curfew would have kept the BP relatively nontoxic, either that or keyboards fitted with breathalysers. ;-)

Debate, generally, went along fine during daytime but got heated in the evenings, would occasionally boil over and (very) occasionally would be closed down for a while. The latter events were akin to a punch-up on the football field, whereby playing the ball was replaced by playing the man and the ball became superfluous.

I think it will return sometime, though perhaps with one or two players being benched: the 'usual suspects', the punch-up instigators.

R

If the BP is returned then it should be with a proviso that any repeat or instigation of the behavior that has caused it's closure will be met with an instant and permanent ban for those involved.
    F.T.F.A.

R

No point wheeling out the smoke and mirrors whilst the thread is still there for all to read. You were the only one potentially facing legal action.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Certainly a few members here should be ashamed of their behaviour in that thread.

Mike

Amazed at how quiet some folks have gone since their squat was repossessed. It long ceased being what it's originator envisaged.

No point wheeling out the smoke and mirrors whilst the thread is still there for all to read. You were the only one potentially facing legal action.
    Your comments have no place in here.

There's no 'smoke and mirrors' in my post and I did nothing to cause any 'potential legal action'.

R

‘Wasn’t me guv’.

Some behaviour is just not 'cricket'...“It’s trivial, but in the current climate not acceptable.”

Grand Master
    It’ll be interesting to see how the forum changes without the BP., if it changes at all.

Banning a few people may have proved successful in cleaning the BP, but getting rid of it is a better solution.

Has Eddie banned anyone as a result of the latest shananigan? I don’t know what promoted the decision to close BP but I’m guessing it must’ve been serious and in that case I’d expect some heads to have rolled.

Maybe short visits to the naughty step will be effective in keeping standards up in the rest of the forum? Debates are almost certain to get heated at times and provided it’s watch-related I don’t see any harm in that as long as the discussion doesn’t degenerates into personal insults. Plenty of us have been guilty on the odd occasion, I’m no exception, but that’s completely different from the festering vendettas that were played out in the BP discussions.

Last week we had the ‘outing’ of Sarky, this week we’ve lost the BP........never a dull moment!

Paul

Blog Entries
    The few people continuing the vendetta here should take a good look at themselves.
    BP closed, case closed, for now.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!